BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 19, 2014 12:23 pm  #41

Re: Hamlet

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 19, 2014 1:06 pm  #42

And this:
[list=1]
[*] 
[*]Cumberbatchweb ‏[color=#b1bbc3]@cumberbatchweb[/color] [/url] 1hLook out for an official announcement re Benedict Cumberbatch in Hamlet before the end of the month-very exciting times![url=https://twitter.com/cumberbatchweb/status/446251751172493312][color=#999999]Expand[/color]
[/list]

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 19, 2014 1:09 pm  #43

Oh that's interesting

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 19, 2014 1:22 pm  #44

She says nothing is official but Cumberbatchweb is quite responsible and does not spread rumour. So let us hope for the best. 

March 19, 2014 1:50 pm  #45

Oh, that's finally really exciting news! But again... waiting for an official announcement...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 19, 2014 3:10 pm  #46

Light at the end of the tunnel?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 3:10 pm  #47

Keeping fingers crossed. 

March 19, 2014 3:17 pm  #48

Keeping credit card handy, too!;)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 19, 2014 7:02 pm  #49

Cumberbatchweb, I reckon, already knows. She tweeted later on that people shouldn't be worried about tickets. That indicates a big venue and/or a long run ;)

I'm clueing for looks

March 19, 2014 7:09 pm  #50

Excellent

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 19, 2014 7:14 pm  #51

Yes excellent indeed!!!

Hey is there anyone here off on Friday April 11 and can get to London? There's an all day Sherlock lecture/seminar thingy, including a showing of HLV! I've got two tickets and no one to go with :-/ x

I'm clueing for looks

March 19, 2014 7:35 pm  #52

Unfortunately I'm away then for a long weekend, but I really hope you find someone to go with; it sounds fab.
Would it be worth making a separate thread to ask? Or force your husband to take you?
(Boyfriend has yet to find out that he's taking me to see Hamlet )

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 19, 2014 7:44 pm  #53

Husband has offered but I don't think he would handle a whole day of it lol! He likes the programme which is a bonus but I think it'd be an ask too far to have him listen to 9 hours of talks lol!

I'm clueing for looks

March 20, 2014 11:19 pm  #54

HUGE news tonight! To be confirmed but What's Om Stage have just tweeted that Ben will be in Hamlet, at the Barbican theatre from August 2015.

FOR 12 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm clueing for looks

March 21, 2014 1:50 am  #55

wow.   I'm there.    I hope!     First things first,   Let's hope to not miss when tickets go on sale.  

oh,   just hooray.

March 21, 2014 3:02 am  #56

Now I'm imagining what sort of staging and costuming they'll do.  Will they go with traditional or something more modern?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 21, 2014 4:53 am  #57

Wow! Finally a period fixed!!
"12 weeks" sounds like a fairly good possibility for getting tickets.
And the Barbican theatre having 1166 seats is of a soothing big size.
Yay!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 21, 2014 5:48 am  #58

Oh God Yes! And next year is much better for me. Hope there are fixed dates when I start planning next year's holiday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 21, 2014 6:11 am  #59

Clare what would we do without you?!
12 weeks, wow that's quite some workload he's taking on!
Wish it was nearer but at least there's a date on the horizon
And I know this is greedy but I really hope he can fit in at least one Movie before then!
Oh, and Sherlock of course!!!
Tonnaree, I hope they go for traditional, I really do, but I'm not so sure now it's at the Barbican.

Last edited by Tinks (March 21, 2014 6:14 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 21, 2014 6:15 am  #60

Aww Tinks bless you!!

According to the reports emerging, he will have six weeks of prep beforehand, so that takes him to June for the whole thing.

So I would say Lost City of Z this year (and Star Wars...I still live in hope), Sherlock filmed in March net year again and then it's hamlet hamlet hamlet!!!

The other interesting news to come from the report is the suggestion that TiG is coming out in autumn this year!!!

I'm clueing for looks

Board footera