BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2014 8:28 am  #1

Mycroft

He was bloody awesome in this one, right? Sherlock has to be careful, Mycroft is becoming more and more my favourite character.

I mean, "But the language has a Slavic root. Frequent Turkish and German lone words. Took me a couple of hours."

:D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

January 2, 2014 8:48 am  #2

Re: Mycroft

Loved that Mycroft was still trying to pawn off their parents to Sherlock during  the Les Miz  matinee (with the music in the background of the phone call)

January 2, 2014 10:58 am  #3

I love Mycroft and Mark plays him so well. He was really cool in this episode and the banter with Sherlock, so great.
And I agree with Sherlock, he enjoyed it that Sherlock was beaten up.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 2, 2014 11:25 am  #4

I do love that they gave us more of the 'real' relationship between the brothers; and their parents in London was awesome! Nothing brings siblings together like plotting for/against parents!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 2, 2014 11:29 am  #5

Swanpride wrote:

I liked the tibit that Mycroft considered Sherlock as "slow" until they meat other children and he realized that Sherlock is the best he will get....

But really, sitting around why your brother gets totured?

In a way Sherlock allows it. Was literally tortured for his deductions. Possibly Sherlock could get out if he really wanted to. And Mycroft knows it so he didn't interfere. But in the end he did and helped Sherlock out of his chains because he needed him to solve the next case. 

January 2, 2014 12:08 pm  #6

I felt that Sherlock's statements effectively made it worse, not better. Don't know whether he was supposed to talk or to shut up. Must watch it tomorrow again.
By all means Mycroft was not surprised or very much concerned to find out what Sherlock had got himself into again.

January 2, 2014 1:15 pm  #7

Well, the guard left, and he stopped beating Sherlock to listen to what he said, so I think that it was a pretty effective methode to get rid of the guard.

January 2, 2014 1:28 pm  #8

Getting more of ther brother's relationship was on my wish list for Series 3 and I was thrilled with it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 2, 2014 4:36 pm  #9

Loved how they were playing Operation XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 2, 2014 9:37 pm  #10

I thought revenge for the palace discussion on sex!
But yes, i think you may be rightI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 2, 2014 9:43 pm  #11

Mycroft is the best character. He should deffo get his own spin off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

January 3, 2014 1:54 am  #12

I adore Mycroft and hope this will lead to a larger role for the character in this series. I am looking forward to seeing how a meeting between John and Mycroft plays out, now that John knows that Mycroft was helping Sherlock.

January 3, 2014 12:10 pm  #13

May I just say I love everything about Mycroft in this episode, or, who am I kidding, in the whole show. 

His introduction, speaking Serbian, I honestly hadn't recognised his voice until he went up to Sherlock and I just went *squee!!*. Then the arguments, the games, the canon reference and the sarcasm, oh the sarcasm... 

In a way I'd expect John to be even more furious with Mycroft than with Sherlock because he was there the whole time and could have told him. Then again, Mycroft is way to creepy to be really angry with, and what's the point anyway, he's cold as ice.

January 3, 2014 4:00 pm  #14

The Iceman...

An interesting thing was that in ASIB, Mycroft is clealy implying that Sherlock is a virgin, and he makes fun of that. In this episode, the roles were reversed and Sherlock seems to have become the more 'social' of the two, with Mycroft clearly being a sociopathic ass in his remarks about other people ('goldfish')

Clearly something has changed here.

Last edited by Jacco111 (January 3, 2014 4:01 pm)

January 3, 2014 4:29 pm  #15

The first time??
What about The Woman?

January 3, 2014 4:32 pm  #16

Actually neither Mycroft or Sherlock won with Irene...as they both seemed too stupid to realise she was working for Moriarty.
And another thing.
Mycroft has spoken to a woman:  Anthea.
But I know what Sherlock means.

Last edited by besleybean (January 3, 2014 4:32 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 3, 2014 8:40 pm  #17

So Mycroft has experience with sex and not friendship and Sherlock has experience with friendship. As good as sex is, I'd rather be Sherlock if I had to choose one thing. 

But what about the broken heart comment that Sherlock found so 'telling'? In my headcanon Mycroft was married to a man who died under mysterious circumstances and then swore never to fall in love again but still wears the ring. I do want that to be true. And Mycroft reacted quite strongly, mmmm... Or it could just be that after encountering normal people, Mycroft decided that relationships were not really his thing, maybe even more tragic than a broken heart.

-Like Mycroft -> must see scene another 100 times.-

January 3, 2014 8:58 pm  #18

re the ring. Anthea wears an identical one on her right hand. So did one of the "doctors" who attended Sherlock after the fall. So I assume it to be a Secret Service (or whatever) ring not a wedding ring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

January 3, 2014 8:59 pm  #19

Doesn't he wear 2?

January 3, 2014 9:25 pm  #20

I saw Mark wearing two, Mycroft wearing one but maybe I'm wrong. First I thought Mark'd just let his wedding ring on in a scene, but then it was in every bloody scene so it's really part of Mycroft. I agree the secret service theory is just as plausible, I just like to believe my own theory . Actually, in the Netherlands, people do wear their wedding rings on their right hand so I always assumed they were just wedding rings or engagement rings, but it's different in the UK apparantly. They could also be ornaments. 

Board footera