BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2014 2:03 pm  #61

Re: There's something about Mary

Yep, here:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 4, 2014 2:03 pm  #62

Wholocked wrote:

Mrs. Watson wrote:

I wonder what secret CAM knows about Mary and how did she hide it so well because, honestly, if Mycroft knows where John is having dinner that might I'm sure he has investigated his girlfriend. And if Mycroft didn't find out, then it's something very well hidden.

If you look at the words that appear when Sherlock 'scans' Mary outside the deli, "Liar" and "Secret" are there. If Sherlock saw that on a cursory scan, Mycroft certainly knows. That is, assuming Mycroft bothered to look. John is of no interest to Mycroft aside from his friendship with Sherlock.

But that "secret" belonged to "secret tattoo" if I'm not entirely wrong. I'm still worrying about "Liar"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 4, 2014 2:07 pm  #63

She does have a secret, I'm sure...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2014 2:40 pm  #64

Mary Me wrote:

But that "secret" belonged to "secret tattoo" if I'm not entirely wrong. I'm still worrying about "Liar"

I thought that as well at first, but they are definitely two separate deductions. The word Secret shows up again sans tattoo in a subsequent frame

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 4, 2014 5:34 pm  #65

Wholocked wrote:

Mrs. Watson wrote:

I wonder what secret CAM knows about Mary and how did she hide it so well because, honestly, if Mycroft knows where John is having dinner that might I'm sure he has investigated his girlfriend. And if Mycroft didn't find out, then it's something very well hidden.

If you look at the words that appear when Sherlock 'scans' Mary outside the deli, "Liar" and "Secret" are there. If Sherlock saw that on a cursory scan, Mycroft certainly knows. That is, assuming Mycroft bothered to look. John is of no interest to Mycroft aside from his friendship with Sherlock.

I think her secret will be that she's already married. That would be a direct canon nod too. Can't remember what story it is now but there's one like that...Noble Bachelor?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 4, 2014 5:36 pm  #66

Oh my word...but then, maybe not a love marriage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2014 6:20 pm  #67

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

Mrs. Watson wrote:

I think her secret will be that she's already married. That would be a direct canon nod too. Can't remember what story it is now but there's one like that...Noble Bachelor?

But if she were already married, wouldn't she react a bit more nervous in the restaurant scene as well as in the shaving scene? In the restaurant it has to be so obvious to her that John is about to propose to her... and she's all smiling and even encourages him to spit it out. And in the shaving scene when she's sitting on the bed and John says "Or I'll marry you", she just grins, right?
I don't know, but in my opinion she'd have to be a pretty good liar. And also a bit ruthless, because she really should know that John will most certainly not be amused...?
Then again, she didn't even dare to tell him that she doesn't like The Moustache, so telling him that she's already married... wow.

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 4, 2014 6:21 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 4, 2014 7:50 pm  #68

Just another thought:
You know Mary explains to John that Sherlock would need a confidante?
When she leaves John at the surgery, does she say to John: 'I'll be late for Cath'?
Is this Cath Mary's confidante, about Mary's secret past?

January 4, 2014 7:54 pm  #69

besleybean wrote:

When she leaves John at the surgery, does she say to John: 'I'll be late for Cath'?
Is this Cath Mary's confidante, about Mary's secret past?

I was thinking "Cath" might be Mary's best friend. If so, we will for sure see her in tomorrow's episode...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 4, 2014 7:59 pm  #70

Well yes, I was assuming she's Mary's best friend, but wondered if she was in on Mary's secret...

January 4, 2014 8:02 pm  #71

besleybean wrote:

Well yes, I was assuming she's Mary's best friend, but wondered if she was in on Mary's secret...

Best friends use to know many of our secrets, don't they?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 4, 2014 8:13 pm  #72

Yep,.

January 4, 2014 8:48 pm  #73

I once sent my best friend a card that said "We'll always be friends, you know too much."

Just saying.

Last edited by tonnaree (January 4, 2014 8:49 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 4, 2014 8:50 pm  #74

My old college friend always tells everybody the story that the best note she ever received from me ended with:
P.S: oh and just to let you know I'm getting married next week.

January 4, 2014 8:55 pm  #75

SolarSystem wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

But if she were already married, wouldn't she react a bit more nervous in the restaurant scene as well as in the shaving scene? In the restaurant it has to be so obvious to her that John is about to propose to her... and she's all smiling and even encourages him to spit it out. And in the shaving scene when she's sitting on the bed and John says "Or I'll marry you", she just grins, right?
I don't know, but in my opinion she'd have to be a pretty good liar. And also a bit ruthless, because she really should know that John will most certainly not be amused...?
Then again, she didn't even dare to tell him that she doesn't like The Moustache, so telling him that she's already married... wow.

In the original canon story the person's husband had died, or was believed to be dead, so she assumed she was free to marry again. Then it turned out later that he was still alive.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 4, 2014 8:56 pm  #76

Hmm...

January 4, 2014 9:01 pm  #77

She may have other secrets!

January 4, 2014 11:00 pm  #78

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Isn't that the Dancing Men one?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 6, 2014 9:13 pm  #79

oooo,   all I can say after watching these past 2 episodes,   watch out about that Mary!!!
Things are not as they seem.     This can be getting real good. 

January 6, 2014 11:05 pm  #80

What if....what if Sherlock's big mistake is deducing that she is pretnant?? What if Mary made him believe she is (didn't she tell him quite a few things, like about the wine and that she was sick??)

And this is why John goes, 'How did I not know this? I'm a doctor!'

I just had this thought...suddenly what John said takes another meaning....

Board footera