BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 31, 2012 10:10 pm  #41

Re: Coffee

Milk no sugar for me, though I'm very picky when it comes to the coffee I drink. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

August 7, 2012 8:34 pm  #42

Tea, and trumpets for me please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 8, 2012 12:25 am  #43

No coffee for me....I love tea, though, and will devour any chai that I can find 

August 11, 2012 1:22 am  #44

I used to favor green tea but I warmed up to black a few months ago, and now I can't start the morning without it.

I never took sugar in my tea before watching Sherlock, but I really do like it that way. I never drink coffee with cream, but sometimes I'll have my tea with half-and-half, especially in the evenings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 12, 2013 7:15 am  #45

My son is on the search for green coffee! Has anyone heard of it or do any of you drink it? Apparently it is full of anti-oxidants and is very healthy. Off to Holland and Barrett to see if we can find some.

I have also managed to find vacuum packed Italian coffee, packaged for the Spanish market, really cheaply at a local bargain shop and I am very happy! 89p a packet for ground Tassimo coffee! Bargain!

Last edited by Davina (July 12, 2013 7:19 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 12, 2013 9:12 am  #46

Davina wrote:

My son is on the search for green coffee! Has anyone heard of it or do any of you drink it? Apparently it is full of anti-oxidants and is very healthy. Off to Holland and Barrett to see if we can find some.

I have also managed to find vacuum packed Italian coffee, packaged for the Spanish market, really cheaply at a local bargain shop and I am very happy! 89p a packet for ground Tassimo coffee! Bargain!

Green coffee is just green coffee beans without being burned. In pills or coffee. You can buy it online. Advertisement for diet reasons. Sounds like a myth to make people buy it.

July 12, 2013 5:10 pm  #47

It is used for dieting but that's not why he wants to drink it. It definitely has high anti-oxidants. He's studying Sports and Exercise Science Bsc at the moment and is passionate about diet, nutrition and exercise. Me, I like a nice glass of wine! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 3, 2014 7:41 pm  #48

I take it hot, strong and with milk, no sugar. Although I drink a lot of coffee, mostly I get 8 -10 big cups every day, I also drink coffee at night, it does nothing to me but enjoyment. But give me one glass of cola, coffein will do its work.

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

December 5, 2014 10:24 am  #49

I'm just off to make a nice cappuccino! Anyone want one? 

December 5, 2014 10:42 am  #50

Davina wrote:

I'm just off to make a nice cappuccino! Anyone want one?

Yes, please!  and no sugar for me, thank you

“Four serial suicides and now a note! It’s Christmas!” -Sherlock

December 5, 2014 6:37 pm  #51

A cappucino would be great, no sugar! I think that 'black, two sugars' is one of the nastiest ways to have coffee. I like a little skim milk if available, otherwise just black is fine. Sugar ruins the taste of coffee for me. A cappucino or, even better, a macchiato, is the perfect coffee for me.

I love coffee so much. I make mine in a French press and try to restrict myself to two big mugs a day of it...

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

December 5, 2014 11:51 pm  #52

I drink too much coffee. I know it. But I really love it. No sugar in cappuccino for me either but if it's espresso then I do as the Italians do and use the coffee as a carrier for sugar.

December 6, 2014 5:04 pm  #53

I have been drinking way too much iced coffee lately... those Starbucks things with white chocolate they sell at the train station here are addictive...

I am trying to learn to take my coffe black with two sugars... but it's not an easy task. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 6, 2014 5:17 pm  #54

I used to drink my coffee with heaps and heaps of sugar. I tried to figure out a way to cut 100 calories from my day. All I had to do was cut the sugar. Once I did that (slowly, reducing the amount bit by bit), I couldn't figure out how I ever took it with sugar as it really masks the taste of the coffee. I like a little skim milk (not cream) to cut the acidity.

Caffeine doesn't bother me the way it does others and I can quit cold turkey with no withdrawal effects, but I try to limit myself to two cups a day anyway. Coffee is an appetite suppressant, so I sometimes have more when I'm working. I work at a desk all day and really don't need to eat much, so I tend to live off coffee and fruit when I've got a heavy caseload.

I do sometimes have up to four iced coffees a day in the summer, though, but I have that black over ice cubes. The amount of sugar and fat and commercial iced coffees is frightening!

Mary

December 10, 2014 11:19 pm  #55

maryagrawatson wrote:

Caffeine doesn't bother me the way it does others and I can quit cold turkey with no withdrawal effects, but I try to limit myself to two cups a day anyway.
Mary

Wow, lucky you! When I quit cold turkey (about.. three months? ago) I felt like a zombie for three days straight. Most substances have a very strong effect on me.. That's why i try to stay away from them as much as possible. I found that more than one cup of coffee every three to four days affects me in a negative way.. And I love that stuff! *argh* But today I had a little Espresso, and watch me writing in the Sherlock forum after midnight even though I got up at 5 today..

December 10, 2014 11:33 pm  #56

Zatoichi wrote:

Wow, lucky you!

I am shocked that caffeine does zip for me and that I can just stop drinking coffee with no ill effects! I don't have much experience with drugs, but am too familiar with morphine and the withdrawal was absolutely horrible.

Mary

December 11, 2014 7:00 am  #57

I don't drink much coffee and if I do it tends to be decaffeinated.
As for tea: I have the occasional Earl Grey.
Since my recent diagnosis of a low liver count(bit worrying for a tee totaller!), I have taken to drinking a daily pot of green tea.
Until recently I was fairly totally addicted to Pepsi Max.
I now limit myself to a glass a day....but it's like I have to have that ONE glass!  I can be up and about for for hours, but at some point in the morning- 10-11am...I've got to know I'm getting that one shot!
I know some people are exceptionally susceptible to caffeine and I never thought I was.
But even when I was drinking a 2 litre bottle of Pepsi Max a day, I never took it after about 4Pm in the afternoon. But I still never used to sleep.
When I cut back, I did sleep better...
But I have been a lifelong insommniac and I can't really say that what I drink seems to have that much affect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 12, 2014 12:40 am  #58

I dont drink coffee but might seriously consider it.

I have the neighbours from hell who shag like rabbits at least 4 times a night.

2 kids who are lacking insleep cause of said neighbours.

housing say it is for the police to deal with.
police say its a housing matter.

so its going totake for me to go moriarty on their asses or someone in this house to be driven insane before is done.

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

December 12, 2014 5:54 am  #59

Several cups each morning to wake up at my office. All black. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 12, 2014 6:46 am  #60

The advantage of working in an office I suppose...mind you, I would never be off the loo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera