BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 31, 2012 12:51 pm  #161

Re: How will John react when he finds out Sherlock isn't dead?

Hm.. but if you explain it that way they would have to make it 5 or 10 years ... 

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 31, 2012 12:52 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 31, 2012 12:58 pm  #162

Mattlocked wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Btw. what's it with these "3 years later", is it confirmed that it'll be 3 years later? I read that a lot online, but never found a source.

This is a quote from ACD German "Empty House":

Ich habe in den letzten drei Jahren so oft meinen Stift angesetzt, um Ihnen einen Brief zu schreiben, aber jedes Mal fürchtete ich, daß Sie aus Sorge um mich versucht sind, sich zu verplappern und dadurch mein Geheimnis verraten.  SH talking to Watson.

http://gutenberg.spiegel.de/buch/1153/2

So it is "kind of" confirmed, yes. 

For those who are not from Berlin:
Several times during the last three years I have taken up my pen to write to you, but always I feared lest your affectionate regard for me should tempt you to some indiscretion which would betray my secret. 

O.K. but with "confirmed" I actually meant Mofftiss. There's a lot in the books that they didn't adopt to the screenplay. It starts with the book/episode titles. Therefore I don't rely on the books as a source. We'll see. Thank you anyway. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 31, 2012 1:23 pm  #163

Ach sooo! Na dann sag das doch gleich!! 

July 31, 2012 1:56 pm  #164

Mattlocked wrote:

Ach sooo! Na dann sag das doch gleich!! 

ja man kann sich doch bei Mofftiss nicht auf die Doyle Bücher verlassen und auch sonst auf nichts 

Mofftiss are my most favourite evil men in the universe   

----------

July 31, 2012 2:49 pm  #165

Well.... I read everywhere that Mofftiss at least put in so many detailed things from ACD into their show, that we "dummies" will never recognize all of them! 

July 31, 2012 5:15 pm  #166

They are sneaky. I think they will make John wait EXACTLY the same amount as time as we in the UK have to wait between the end of series 2 and the start of series 3, Mwahahah

Last edited by Davina (July 31, 2012 5:17 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 31, 2012 6:19 pm  #167

Which is still another year... 

July 31, 2012 7:27 pm  #168

Sherlock`s life and "death" had influenced so many fortunes: John`s , Mycrofts`s, Mollie´s, Mrs Hudsons`s . Lestrades`s ( Moran´s? - if there will be a Sebastian Moran) . Sherlock`s return of the dead/ resurrection has to come in this  one and only moment in time in which they ( John!) will be really  ready "to say goodbye" to him but also  this being  the most painful moment in grieving process ( to abandon all hope). Esp- John with his "miracle" ( to come)-
To learn at this moment that Sherlock IS alive ( John/ Lestrade/Mrs Hudson) ( and was being the last three years) would left them in a/ the most dramatical mind of state.
(I can not wait to see this...you British  have created  the most memorable moments in TV history ever ( The Reichenbach fall " / Dr. Who " The Wedding of River Song" ( the last 10 minutes) !!! )
( In Germany many says BBC is the best TV programe ever/ in the world - I agree!)

Last edited by saysomething (August 1, 2012 9:14 pm)

August 1, 2012 8:48 am  #169

Well BBC is the best programme in the world! They also make fantastic documentaries. Especially the ones about medical/human topics. And we don't have to talk about the series. Brilliant! They're far more cooler than American series and let's face it American series are very prude, unless they are from HBO (SatC!) 

I definitely won't wait until season 3 is on German TV, I'll watch the BBC livestream. I recently watched the 3 season of Wallander there, it worked really well and usually they are somewhere online the next day. 

But it's definitely too long, we need distraction until then.

----------

August 1, 2012 9:21 am  #170

There is a BBC livestream?

*runs off and checks*

August 1, 2012 12:05 pm  #171

The Doctor wrote:

*runs off and checks*

Well, not exactly on the BBC homepage, but yes there are! 

----------

August 1, 2012 1:31 pm  #172

Ivy wrote:

The Doctor wrote:

*runs off and checks*

Well, not exactly on the BBC homepage, but yes there are! 

I doubt it's available to non-UK watchers. Last time I went to BBC's web page, everything was there for me to see, but the site would not allow me to watch anything stored in their video archives-- nothing. I suspect this is because I don't pay my tax money into their coffers?? I know it's a tax-supported service in the UK. I presume their computers could tell that my computer was not in the UK.

August 2, 2012 7:41 pm  #173

You can get a UK proxy though, so that you appear to be in the UK... not that I would know, I've just heard rumors *coughs heavily*

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

September 6, 2012 11:42 am  #174

*How will John react?*

Do you think the order of discovery would influence how he does react? Like if he gets it straight from Sherlock or through someone else (Moriarty for example). And the number, so if he's the first of the central characters to find out the truth, or not. Imagine if he's the last to find out

Possible scenario if John is the last to know:

Mrs Hudson: I've been telling you for weeks now - he's alive & he's back in London.
John: Now, it must have been someone else.
Mrs Hudson: But he's contemplating moving back to 221B
John: I saw him fall! I saw him land, actually. There's no way someone could survive that kind of fall.
Mrs Hudson: Oh, look he's back.
John (stares at Sherlock): You!
Sherlock: Good to see you too Watson.
John: You bastard! (punches Sherlock in the face) You made me buy all those flowers on the anniversary of your "death", walk through the rain & the "mud"
Sherlock (quiet voice): You cried in the rain.
John: You know what? I want a refund on the flowers I bought!

Possible scenario if John is the first to know:

John: Two sugars, thanks.
Sherlock (coming up behind him): You've never liked coffee much.
John (turns around): What... no...
Sherlock: You've started a new job & your girlfriend just broke up with you.
John: What? How did you?
Sherlock: Oh it was easy, you smell like methylated spirits & you've got a smidgen of lipstick on the side of your cheek just under the ear,
John: No I meant, how... How is it that you're alive?
Sherlock: I'll fill you in later. You don't wanna hear it now. It'll take me 90 minutes to explain.
John: I don't believe it. I've got a train to catch.
Sherlock: I'll walk you.
John: You know what? I think I always knew.
Sherlock: That she was going to leave you?
John: No, that you were still alive.

September 6, 2012 11:56 am  #175

Very, very nice, well done!  

(Scenario 1 with punch on the cheek or on nose/teeth? I guess I know the answer ... )

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 6, 2012 5:07 pm  #176

Harriet wrote:

(Scenario 1 with punch on the cheek or on nose/teeth? I guess I know the answer ... )

September 6, 2012 5:23 pm  #177

Mattlocked wrote:

Harriet wrote:

I guess I know the answer ... )

... and you know it as well 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 6, 2012 6:22 pm  #178

Being pedantic. Just get John to have his coffee with no sugar because he doesn't actually take any. Sherlock is the one who has two sugars in his black coffee. Remember in Hounds of the Baskerville, when Sherlock makes him that drink? John starts to say that he doesn't take sugar but stops when Sherlock pulls a 'I'm hurt' expression. God I' m obsessed and clearly know these episodes far too well! Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 6, 2012 7:01 pm  #179

Davina wrote:

Sherlock is the one who has two sugars in his black coffee.

And isn't it that exactly why John says it? 

Last edited by Harriet (September 6, 2012 7:02 pm)

September 6, 2012 8:50 pm  #180

Sorry. Am I being dim here. Why would he ask for two sugars when he doesn't take sugar?

Board footera