BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2013 5:56 am  #441

Re: How will John react when he finds out Sherlock isn't dead?

kittykat wrote:

Been reading Series 3 spoilers from the set, including how John reacts. It's out there if you look for it

I've been actively avoiding all spoilers so knowing its out there is both worrying and heartbreaking because I really REALLY want to know.

I wish they'd hurry up and announce the air date. Then I need to work out how I'm going to stream it to Australia immediately.

================================================================

June 27, 2013 4:48 pm  #442

Michele wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Been reading Series 3 spoilers from the set, including how John reacts. It's out there if you look for it

I've been actively avoiding all spoilers so knowing its out there is both worrying and heartbreaking because I really REALLY want to know.

I wish they'd hurry up and announce the air date. Then I need to work out how I'm going to stream it to Australia immediately.

Heh, I definitely don't have that much willpower.  But in reality, we only know what they shot outside.  Different people have said to look for it to be on TV in December or January.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 28, 2013 12:05 am  #443

I hope Moftiss will have John kiss Sherlock. But first punch him. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

June 28, 2013 2:16 am  #444

OneMoreMiracle wrote:

I hope Moftiss will have John kiss Sherlock. But first punch him. :D

I have no doubt that no matter how it's done Johnlock fans will see the sexual tension.

sj4iy wrote:

Heh, I definitely don't have that much willpower.

I don't know if it's my willpower because normally I crumble like a cheap suit. I just want to find out the way the director wants us to. That being said I love speculating on it then seeing if anyone is close.

================================================================

June 29, 2013 7:48 am  #445

KeepersPrice wrote:

In canon from "The Adventure of the Empty House":

"My dear Watson," said a well-remembered voice. "I owe you a thousand apologies. I had no idea you would be so affected."
I gripped him by the arms.

So canon Holmes could be rather like our BBC Sherlock in that maybe he'll be quite oblivious to the emotions his reappearance will have for John. If John is angry enough to lash out at first, Sherlock might be quite puzzled by it but then could finally come to understand it. Somewhere, no matter where in Series 3, I think there's bound to be some kind of a reconciliation scene that will be quite lovely in a quirky Sherlockian way we'll never expect. In canon, Watson grips Holmes by the arms. I'm taking that as a Victorian version of an embrace. Not out of the question for our boys either (I hope)

I quite agree with that version, minus the hug. But nonetheless I think we will get a beautiful moment of reconciliation somewhere in the first episode of season 3 (most likely towards the end of the episode), as Mofftiss are well aware of the fact - having expressed it several times themselves - that the relationship/friendship between John and Sherlock is at the heart of the show.
But initially there will just be a lot of anger on John's side (only guessing, I want to avoid spoilers as much as possible *stomps foot* - even though it would be a lie to deny that I don't feel the lure)

And honestly, it would be a little disappointing after such a long suspense to just get a "oh, you're back how wonderful, and now just lets start off at where we left it". It would be unrealistic and sad as an initial reaction. So, I am ready for the journey and wherever it will take those two characters.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

June 30, 2013 9:24 pm  #446

Knock on door
John opens door - sees Sherlock on the other side.
Slams door in his face.
Opens door and punches him, slams door again.
turns around and leans on door for a bit, opens door and lets him in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

July 2, 2013 12:21 pm  #447

Well, according to the book John fainted at the sight of Sherlock ;) If I remember rightly, Sherlock disguised himself as an old man so John didn't recognise him at first, maybe in the show we'll see something like that. 
Anyway, I can imagine this scene more or less like that: after John recovers, he gets a mix of feeling, first disbelief ("My God... Is that really you, Sherlock?"), confusion, then anger ("How could you do that to me?!"), after anger passes, curiosity gets better of John so he insists on veeery detailed explanation what really happened to Sherlock. After that, John demonstrates his joy of seeing Sherlock alive by giving him a hug. 
Ahh, surely we'll get something totally different

Last edited by Deilenn (July 2, 2013 12:22 pm)

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 2, 2013 12:32 pm  #448

I have no idea but I can't wait to see it....

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 3, 2013 12:02 am  #449

JaneCo wrote:

I would love to see a Moffatt / Gatiss style twist on them getting back together.

John isn't daft, and post Reichenbach he is likely to go over conversations in his mind like the one in TRF which Sherlock referred to as his 'note'. John says "...the first time we met you knew all about my sister." Sherlock's response was that he researched John before they met "Nobody could be that clever". But in SiP, Sherlock's supposed research had not uncovered that John's sibling was female. Surely an indication, once John has time to mull it over that Sherlock was not being entirely upfront in his 'note'. There may be other things that raise his suspicions. Who was behind the phone call which took him on a wild goose chase believing that Mrs Hudson was dying and away from Sherlock's side at a crucial time, not to mention Sherlock's feigned lack of concern at the news. It isn't beyond the bounds of possibility that John could put two ad two together during Sherlock's absence.

Yeah, I suppose. Also, hopefully it will occur to John that if Mrs Hudson had been shot, he would have been told to go to the hospital

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

July 3, 2013 7:30 am  #450

Where he always was!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 3, 2013 7:42 am  #451

I really like the idea that John may have found out something for himself (which wouldn't prevent him from punching Sherlock anyway). I always wondered - how could he have researched John when Mike only met him by chance that day and Sherlock made his deductions the moment they came into the lab? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 3, 2013 8:50 am  #452

I always assumed Sherlock meant at the same time as we see John on line researching Sherlock!
But John knows it's all guff anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 3, 2013 5:22 pm  #453

I don't think John ever truly believed that Sherlock was telling the complete truth on the phone. I imagine that he knew Sherlock had alternate motives and - maybe - at first he half expected Sherlock to have survived, or something like that. But I think that now that some time has passed, he probably has reached a point at which he has come to terms with the fact that Sherlock is gone. The perfect moment for Sherlock to make his grand enterance and (pretty please) to be punched in the face by a very shocked Watson.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

July 3, 2013 8:15 pm  #454

I still don't understand why you all want this violent response.
But as I said, I fear you may get it.

July 3, 2013 8:31 pm  #455

The world would be a better place if everyone were as peaceful as you!
Alas, most of us are EVIL...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 3, 2013 9:02 pm  #456

We all suffer with John and want some kind of ........ revenge. That's why. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 3, 2013 11:15 pm  #457

I want hugs not punches or if he does punch I want a hug to follow quite soon after x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 4, 2013 7:18 am  #458

Mattlocked wrote:

We all suffer with John and want some kind of ........ revenge. That's why.

^ Pretty much yeah  ...still, I want to see them hug more than anything else! 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 4, 2013 3:03 pm  #459

besleybean wrote:

It is not so much about wanting it - I would love an emotional embrace as a welcome back recognition - but, just imagine grieving for someone for 3 years, being heart broken, and all of sudden that person is back in your life unharmed and, we all know Sherlock, maybe not making his reappearance in the tender way you should in such a case - my first reaction would be shock and anger and then I would also be hurt on top of it for not having been let in on the secret right from the start (with tremendous relief and joy to follow after I've had time to process the situation).
I am certain there is a good explanation for all that happened on Sherlock's side, but I also think Sherlock's first reappearance is not going to be the moment for logical and reasonable conclusions for John or anyone when confronted with your closest friend just having miraculously returned from the dead.

In the end we are all hopíng for a beautiful moment of reconciliation to then watch them fall back into the habits of their amazing and perfect friendship

Oh, could someone please fast forward time, I mean do we really have to go through all of summer and autumn???

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 4, 2013 3:10 pm  #460

the_dancing_woman wrote:

besleybean wrote:

It is not so much about wanting it - I would love an emotional embrace as a welcome back recognition - but, just imagine grieving for someone for 3 years, being heart broken, and all of sudden that person is back in your life unharmed and, we all know Sherlock, maybe not making his reappearance in the tender way you should in such a case - my first reaction would be shock and anger and then I would also be hurt on top of it for not having been let in on the secret right from the start (with tremendous relief and joy to follow after I've had time to process the situation).
I am certain there is a good explanation for all that happened on Sherlock's side, but I also think Sherlock's first reappearance is not going to be the moment for logical and reasonable conclusions for John or anyone when confronted with your closest friend just having miraculously returned from the dead.

In the end we are all hopíng for a beautiful moment of reconciliation to then watch them fall back into the habits of their amazing and perfect friendship

Oh, could someone please fast forward time, I mean do we really have to go through all of summer and autumn???

Could not have said it better myself! *gives you an epic post medal*  So long as they get their reconciliation eventually (after all the inevitable hurt and anger that'll come out, poor John ...poor Sherlock too ), with hugs and stuff (hopefully), I'll be happy!

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (July 4, 2013 3:14 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

Board footera