BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2013 6:25 am  #401

Re: How will John react when he finds out Sherlock isn't dead?

I am starting to think maybe, if he gets punched anyone, it would be by mrs Hudson  and John just refuses to talk to him for most of the episode... Like the man is a ticking time bomb of pure rage that he knows he won't be able to express so he does the next 'best' thing which is nothing.

But that man is looking for a bloody nose no matter what his reasons were.

What would be worse is if John punches him and then says nothing more about it. An expression of anger but no closure over the incident and no reconciliation. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

June 4, 2013 6:28 am  #402

We'll see...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 4, 2013 9:55 pm  #403

I am thrilled to see John`s reaction to Mycroft, too! ( If M. knows that Sh. is alive, of course. But he does in ACD canon, why not here.)
And how will Lestrade react seeing Sh. alive.

June 5, 2013 10:29 am  #404

besleybean wrote:

We'll see...

You know something I don't.

Tell me, did I get it right? I did didn't I? (Probably not but it would be super entertaining to see Sherlock getting chinned by Mrs Hudson. He would just take it because he is fond of her and thinks he deserves it.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

June 5, 2013 2:27 pm  #405

I wonder how Donovan and Anderson will take it. Will they be like "Oh no, the freak is back" or will they actually apologize to Sherlock? I'm curious. 

Oh my god, what are we actually doing when the first trailer of series 3 comes out??? Heart attack? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 5, 2013 4:16 pm  #406

Actually the situation is worst for Sherlock. John may move on, perhaps find a new girlfriend, talk to his psychologist and get support from his friends like Mrs Hudson, Stamford and Lestrade. Sherlock is all alone, and he doesn't even know if John and the others will accept his apology when he comes back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

June 5, 2013 4:51 pm  #407

Quite.
I'm with him all the way.
John had better be nice to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 12, 2013 2:40 pm  #408

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Actually the situation is worst for Sherlock. John may move on, perhaps find a new girlfriend, talk to his psychologist and get support from his friends like Mrs Hudson, Stamford and Lestrade. Sherlock is all alone, and he doesn't even know if John and the others will accept his apology when he comes back.

I really see the writers changing the dynamic of their relationship- which is good, but will also be sad in a way.  John will move on and Sherlock will have to deal with that.  Before he met John, this would not have even phased him because he wan't close to anyone- but he cares now.  The sad part is that Sherlock had to do it to save John- and while John will probably forgive him (not much of a show if he doesn't), their relationship won't be the same as it was.

I look forward to it, but it's also a bit scary.

Oh, and the reunion...will be awesome ;)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 12, 2013 3:38 pm  #409

No I think their relationship will be the same eventually...but I can think of at least a few bits of drama happening along the way...

June 17, 2013 9:00 pm  #410

besleybean wrote:

No I think their relationship will be the same eventually...but I can think of at least a few bits of drama happening along the way...

Personally I think their relationship ( but also the relationship of Sherlock to Mycroft/ Molly/ Mrs Hudson/ Lestrade/ the relationship of John to Molly and Mycroft maybe too) )
will be very, very different... Maybe even deeper - but different!
Can somebody think of a event MORE emotional-  disturbing- deeply moving- upsetting than a "returning of the dead " of  a person whom somebody loves( so deeply)?

June 17, 2013 9:15 pm  #411

saysomething wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Personally I think their relationship ( but also the relationship of Sherlock to Mycroft/ Molly/ Mrs Hudson/ Lestrade/ the relationship of John to Molly and Mycroft maybe too) )
Can somebody think of a event MORE emotional-  disturbing- deeply moving- upsetting than a "returning of the dead " of  a person whom somebody loves( so deeply)?

I agree.  Life changes and people move on...and sometimes people get left behind or they don't quite fit into your life anymore.  I think there will be a bit of that pull-and-tug going on, because John will have moved on with his life, and then suddenly Sherlock wants back into it.  He's always been able to get John to do something with him...what if he can't this time?  I don't think it will be easy, but it will be interesting to watch it play out.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

June 18, 2013 2:08 am  #412

I'm not a shipper, but all I can say is THEY BETTER HAVE A HUG, or *SOMETHING*!

John was so sad at the cemetary...I just wanted Sherlock to pop out of the trees and say "Ok, it's over, I'm not dead!" and then they would have a great big snuggle! ....and then John would be mad and probably punch him in the face, but mostly he would be sooooo happy his BFF is still alive!

I just love them together, not in a romantic way, just in a bestie way. 

June 18, 2013 5:32 am  #413

Don't we all.
Much will depend on how long they are apart and what happens to each of them in the process

June 18, 2013 5:40 am  #414

besleybean wrote:

Don't we all.
Much will depend on how long they are apart and what happens to each of them in the process

June 2012 - November 2012/13, is my thinking.

June 18, 2013 5:42 am  #415

Yes but I meant more how much John's life has moved on.

June 18, 2013 12:37 pm  #416

saysomething wrote:

besleybean wrote:

No, I can't. Honestly I can't imagine what my reaction would be in that kind of situation, if it were someone I really loved I would be angry, but I would forgive them and be so grateful that they aren't dead. I'm thinking maybe John will go through something similar, after something like what Sherlock did it will change things, I think eventually it could bring them even closer actually...abscence does make the heart grow fonder they say, still, like besleybean said, I anticipate some dramatic bits before that happens. 
I have a very odd combo of feelings, I feel very deeply for both Sherlock and John, for the different feelings and situations they're going through in all this, I mean...I want John to punch Sherlock just a little bit, but I also don't want John to do that because come on, despite what others in the show and himself might say...Sherlock isn't made of stone, he must've felt some measure of pain at what happened, even if he'd never admit. So in the end, as many others have, I demand satisfaction in the form of a hug!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

June 18, 2013 12:49 pm  #417

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

No, I can't. Honestly I can't imagine what my reaction would be in that kind of situation, if it were someone I really loved I would be angry, but I would forgive them and be so grateful that they aren't dead. I'm thinking maybe John will go through something similar, after something like what Sherlock did it will change things, I think eventually it could bring them even closer actually...abscence does make the heart grow fonder they say, still, like besleybean said, I anticipate some dramatic bits before that happens. 
I have a very odd combo of feelings, I feel very deeply for both Sherlock and John, for the different feelings and situations they're going through in all this, I mean...I want John to punch Sherlock just a little bit, but I also don't want John to do that because come on, despite what others in the show and himself might say...Sherlock isn't made of stone, he must've felt some measure of pain at what happened, even if he'd never admit. So in the end, as many others have, I demand satisfaction in the form of a hug!!!!!!!!

John will move on with his life...I can't really say more than that, lol.  But even if this does bring them closer together, that will still be a big change in their relationship.  They trust each other with their lives...but sometimes I think they don't truly understand it each other.  If they did, John would have known straight away that Sherlock was lying about Mrs. Hudson in the lab, and Sherlock would have known in the flat that John never once believed what anyone was saying about him (the "can't you see what's going on!?!" scene).  This series will have lots of changes, and they won't all be happy for everyone- and I think Sherlock will sort of be a cog that doesn't perfectly fit into John's life anymore.

June 18, 2013 1:15 pm  #418

sj4iy wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

John will move on with his life...I can't really say more than that, lol.  But even if this does bring them closer together, that will still be a big change in their relationship.  They trust each other with their lives...but sometimes I think they don't truly understand it each other.  If they did, John would have known straight away that Sherlock was lying about Mrs. Hudson in the lab, and Sherlock would have known in the flat that John never once believed what anyone was saying about him (the "can't you see what's going on!?!" scene).  This series will have lots of changes, and they won't all be happy for everyone- and I think Sherlock will sort of be a cog that doesn't perfectly fit into John's life anymore.

Yes, they communicate but they don't understand each other totally. Sherlock trys to tell John everything but John doesn't understand because he is lacking informations. In canon Watson speaks about a gap that is always there. I don't think that Sherlock told John a lie about Mrs. H. because she was not in danger. John just thought "maschine". Sherlock was furious with John in 221 b that he was not able to understand what's going on. But he couldn't tell him either.

I expect that their relationship/friendship will be more complicated untill the truth is finally revealed. If I am right with my theories John will see that Sherlock is not to blame for what happend. And that Sherlock has already suffered a lot on his own.
The picture they have painted in TRF of Sherlock will underline his genius mind and his human nature. It will draw John towards him and push him away at the same time.

June 18, 2013 1:46 pm  #419

Be wrote:

Yes, they communicate but they don't understand each other totally. Sherlock trys to tell John everything but John doesn't understand because he is lacking informations. In canon Watson speaks about a gap that is always there. I don't think that Sherlock told John a lie about Mrs. H. because she was not in danger. John just thought "maschine". Sherlock was furious with John in 221 b that he was not able to understand what's going on. But he couldn't tell him either.

I expect that their relationship/friendship will be more complicated untill the truth is finally revealed. If I am right with my theories John will see that Sherlock is not to blame for what happend. And that Sherlock has already suffered a lot on his own.
The picture they have painted in TRF of Sherlock will underline his genius mind and his human nature. It will draw John towards him and push him away at the same time.

Sherlock is lying because he's the one who set it up to get John out of the way (like he did in the canon).  I just wonder if John will even give him a chance to explain at all the first time they meet (I somehow doubt it).  I'm well acquainted with that feeling, myself.  You feel betrayed- here you were, worrying about them, grieving over them, and then when you've finally moved on with your life, they just come back like nothing happened.  John will most likely feel that way...of course, Sherlock had no choice, but John won't believe that at first.  That's why I think Sherlock recorded the conversation on the rooftop- not only to exonorate himself, but to prove to John that he did it to save them all.

June 18, 2013 2:14 pm  #420

I agree. Just: In "The Final Problem" it was Moriarty sending John Watson away. I also have problems with that, because in TRF it looks very much as if Sherlock is the one who arranged that. But this would be too much against canon, or? Normally they find analogies, but stay true to it - another question which won´t be answered until series 3 .

Board footera