BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2013 8:37 pm  #361

Re: How will John react when he finds out Sherlock isn't dead?

I agree: Nothing is sure at the moment. I mean I don´t have any other explanation for "that I think the doctor means", but I remember having read about a lot of very abstruse ideas a while ago concerning Lara Pulver, who was seen in the window of 221B during the shooting of ASiB. This makes me very calm in the end .

Last edited by anjaH_alias (April 10, 2013 8:41 pm)

April 11, 2013 12:41 am  #362

OK, I'm unsubscribing from this thread. Not that you guys posted any spoilers, but it's scary to read what people post, not knowing what they're going to say next, line by line, lol. And I really want to keep my virgin eyes about episode 3.1. So bye-bye!

April 11, 2013 7:14 am  #363

Sorry, I didn´t want that anybody unsubscribes that thread. And concerning me you can be sure that I won´t publish any spoilers, at least because I for myself am not interested in them. So I am avoiding certain pages or blogs in other forums. It was just fun for me (and, btw, I knew all the time what I wanted to say ). Just that: Even if someboday saw something, one can´t be sure about what it means in the end....

Last edited by anjaH_alias (April 11, 2013 7:15 am)

April 11, 2013 7:23 am  #364

I think you're right there, Anja. They are much too clever to show us things that are easily to be deduced. But it's really quite hard too avoid spoilers. And the question is what you regard as a spoiler. Any pic from the set? The titles of the episodes? Information about new actors? I suppose people who don't want to know anything will have to shut off their Internet for months to come. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 11, 2013 7:54 am  #365

Or at least stay off threads whose very puropose is to discuss what's going to happen!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 12, 2013 11:03 am  #366

SusiGo wrote:

I think you're right there, Anja. They are much too clever to show us things that are easily to be deduced. But it's really quite hard too avoid spoilers. And the question is what you regard as a spoiler. Any pic from the set? The titles of the episodes? Information about new actors? I suppose people who don't want to know anything will have to shut off their Internet for months to come. 

I agree. And I am personally not strong enough to shut off the net .
Everything which is somehow "official" (let´s say, everything what e.g. Sherlockology would publish, like titles, cast lists, actors coming and going to and from the set), is absolutely no spoiler for me personally. Therefore what I saw from the first day in Bristol is more than marginal, I think, but actually I don´t care so much, because, as I said before, I don´t know what it means in the end. But I don´t want to have that too often.
There is definetely a kind of greyzone of spoilers or information, which is valuated different from person to person. And that´s why I appreciate that forum here - it´s quite "safe", I think. Should I be in the mood for spoilers, I could easily open the setlock tag in twitter or tumblr.
But honestly, especially tumblr is from time to time unbearable for me - all these people who know best what the cast wants and judge about others - not my cup of tea .

Last edited by anjaH_alias (April 12, 2013 11:04 am)

April 12, 2013 5:09 pm  #367

Can I just say one minor thing about spoilers?

Moffat, Vertue and Gatiss all write/produce/etc Dr Who. I think Dr Who is actually quite a bit bigger than Sherlock (correct me if I'm incorrect) but certainly, I live in Cardiff and its public knowledge where they are filming mainly and if you want to go see them its pretty easy, its well organised. I've only seen them when they've filmed in my neighbourhood, but that's becuase I'm lazy. Anyway....

These guys know how to handle spoilers probably better than any other British producers. They know how to handle a loyal and <ahem> maybe just slightly, well, obsessive fanbase better than anyone. Sherlock is similar in profile of fans to Dr Who I think, just older and more female in the main. 

So I am not personally that worried about spoilers. I have been through this time and time again with Dr Who, where we've known through local knowledge about certain scenes or snippets of dialogue and still been blown away by the actual episode. These guys write as fanboys, remember, they truly know the deal of the obsessive fan and they, I think and hope, appreciate them. They know how to surprise us. They are acting surprised at the size of the fanbase but-yk they didn't wait 18 months this time round to film the resolution of the cliffhanger. No chance of a leak on that one. They know what they are doing here.

We've seen a few scenes, a few minutes of basically 270 minutes of drama. 

So don't worry too much is all I am saying. Our imaginations are in good hands :-). I don't mean to suggest anyone should stop avoiding spoliers but I'd hate anyone to believe they'd had it ruined for them if they see one by accident (though people do need to be respectful and avoid putting this stuff out there). Just don't feel too bad if you've seen something. My guess is that they will find a way of secretly filming stuff or film some stuff on set or make an excuse or whatever so that we do end up surprised at the end. Like I say, these guys are real experts at this.

Last edited by beekeeper (April 12, 2013 6:08 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

April 12, 2013 5:20 pm  #368

Thanks, beekeeper. That's what I'm thinking, too. I remember the "spoiler"  during the filming of Scandal, when Irene was at the window of 221b in Sherlock's blue dressing gown. Oh - what did the fandom read into this! And was wrong, of course...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 12, 2013 9:02 pm  #369

Personally I WANT to read spoilers. But I cannot find any.
Can somebody who have read spoilers tell some websites that contain spoilers in a private message, please? Especially how John reacts.

April 13, 2013 7:01 am  #370

Has somebody replied to you, cos I can?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 13, 2013 7:55 am  #371

besleybean wrote:

Has somebody replied to you, cos I can?

I have recommended a certain facebook page. You posibly have better spoiler access, feel free to PM me the same you wanted to PM saysomething...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 13, 2013 8:02 am  #372

Oh hi, dear!
Dunno if I have...just seen the spoiler pix from the filming I missed on Wed.

April 15, 2013 8:50 pm  #373

This may have already been suggested, but what if John gets into serious trouble - perhaps accused of a crime and Sherlock has to come out from hiding to save him. It would be funny to have the reunion happen with John behind bars, and Sherlock just out of reach...

May 21, 2013 3:40 pm  #374

Yeah, I thought of something like that. Or John being in death danger, and Sherlock getting out of the darkness to save him.

Anyway, all I can say, is that my husband killed himself last summer, and if he returned after 3 years, telling me it was a fake suicide and all, I'd be so mad at him I would hit him so bad in the face that he may die for real!

No, really, if I were John, whatever the (probably good) reasons Sherlock is  going to give him, I'd be terribly angry, would find it hard to forgive and I wouldn't trust him anymore in the future...

Then, later, I would give it seconds thoughts and would realise how horrible it will have been for Sherlock too... Having to fake his own death, tell his only friend he is a fake (when we all know he loves so much being praised about his work that telling John he was a fraud must have been very difficult for him), living without John, and finally, even if he's not good with sentiments, I still hope he realises he has hurt John.

Last edited by Punch me in the face (May 21, 2013 3:42 pm)

Just like old times...

May 21, 2013 9:41 pm  #375

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I'd like to see him punch Sherlock personally....then kiss him.

That would certainly be ideal , hehe 
Like I said in another topic, I agree with what Moffat or Gatiss said, it feels more likely that John would swear and curse rather than faint like John in the books. So I imagine John's reaction to be something like..."Sees Sherlock...utter shock...Sherlock says something....John walks forward...big hug, relief...Sherlock seems somewhat surprised...John pulls away...punches him and starts swearing and much much shouting..." Could be wrong though, somehow I doubt I'm that far off  ...we'll see, I just want to see a hug, please give us a hug between the boys! 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 22, 2013 3:44 am  #376

Punch me in the face wrote:

Yeah, I thought of something like that. Or John being in death danger, and Sherlock getting out of the darkness to save him.

Anyway, all I can say, is that my husband killed himself last summer, and if he returned after 3 years, telling me it was a fake suicide and all, I'd be so mad at him I would hit him so bad in the face that he may die for real!

No, really, if I were John, whatever the (probably good) reasons Sherlock is  going to give him, I'd be terribly angry, would find it hard to forgive and I wouldn't trust him anymore in the future...

Then, later, I would give it seconds thoughts and would realise how horrible it will have been for Sherlock too... Having to fake his own death, tell his only friend he is a fake (when we all know he loves so much being praised about his work that telling John he was a fraud must have been very difficult for him), living without John, and finally, even if he's not good with sentiments, I still hope he realises he has hurt John.

I already posted something along the same lines in the too-similar other 'how will it happen' thread, but just wanted to say to your response in here as well, that definitely agree with that sentiment.  Sure, I've never been there, and can't imagine, and just a bit of sympathetic empathy among the lighter 'wouldn't it be great if they....' thoughts (because you know they probably aren't going to drag the moment down TOO much!), but great of you to be so open about it.  I think our boys have come a long way with each other, though, with speaking mind/showing how feel, and considering the writers, can probably be sure they won't be too frivolous about it, at least! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 22, 2013 5:52 am  #377

I just don't think they will go for the soppy reunion, I'm fairly confident I am gioing to be disappointed on that one.
Everybody seems to want violence(something that is beyond me)and I fear they will get exactly what they want.

May 22, 2013 6:31 am  #378

besleybean wrote:

I just don't think they will go for the soppy reunion, I'm fairly confident I am gioing to be disappointed on that one.
Everybody seems to want violence(something that is beyond me)and I fear they will get exactly what they want.

Agreed.   But....  not so much 'violence', as, we've seen John get aggressive a couple times.  Not in a 'what a violent jerk' kind of way... always with good reason of being pushed, or defending something important.  With my previous comments on it, I'm just saying I certainly wouldn't put it past him to just punch Sherlock once out of a sudden release of emotion kind of way, like he did with him in SiB, and the police chief.  Before or after giving a non-soppy 'thank god' brief hug or getting yanked into the current case at hand.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 22, 2013 3:47 pm  #379

To be fair, Sherlock instigated the SIB punch!
I am hoping for quite an interesting take on the Reunion...
God this is so hard to talk about without referring to spoilers.
But I really don't think we'll see a hug.
Well ok, I think another character may be a go between for Sherlock and John's reunion.

May 22, 2013 9:28 pm  #380

It will also depend on the circumstances. I mean, if John has time to get used to the idea before meeting Sherlock (If he's been warned by another character like Mycroft or if Sherlock has called him before), then I don't think there would be violence (nor do i think there would be a hug) but if Sherlock comes out of nowhere, seriously I don't know.

You see, when my husband made his 10th suicide attempt of 2012, and that he was in such a bad state (they had to put him in an artificial coma), doctors kept telling me that each day would probably be his last one and that it already was a miracle he hadn't died during the first night.

So each morning, I called the hospital first thing in the morning, and then went to see him during the afternoon (visits were not allowed in the morning) and on the 4th day, when I called and asked how he was doing (knowing that I had called during the night, he still was in a coma and all and the encephalogram showed nearly no brain activity!!!), the doctor who was on the phone said in the most natural way (as if it was nothing surprising) "Oh, yes, I was about to call you. He wake up this morning, he can't speak, but he replied positively to simple orders like holding hands"

My brother was with me at that moment but couldn't hear what was being said by the doctor, and he said my face went so blank and I looked so shocked and speechless that he had thought they had just announced me the death of my husband.

Someone who has not experienced this would say that I should have been happy, maybe screamed, and smiled. But I don't know, they had nearly told me his brain was dead a few hours earlier and then they were telling me he had woken up and understood what they had told him. It was like they had told me "Madam, your husband has just come back to life". I just can't explain how weird it felt.

Well he finally died, after three weeks of "rollercoaster"...

So yeah, I say it again, if he returned in a couple of years, and if I realised his suicide had been fake, that he had been alive all this time and left me suffer in a way no word can describe, well,  I am not an agressive kind of person, but my first reaction would be to slap him. Hard. And I think it would only be human. Not violent.

It would be all the emotions stocked for years going out.

So I wouldn't be upset or shocked if they had John punching Sherlock. Though i'd then hope for a hug or sweet words, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Shame...

Last edited by Punch me in the face (May 22, 2013 9:29 pm)

Just like old times...

Board footera