BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2013 12:32 pm  #341

Re: How will John react when he finds out Sherlock isn't dead?

Possibly...I'm beginnig to get an episode plot in my head, anyway...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 1, 2013 4:32 pm  #342

The second episode is called wedding so I assume that John won't be married yet in episode one, mybe they both (Sherlock and John) get to know Mary in different ways and through her John finds out that Sherlock is still alive.

April 1, 2013 4:36 pm  #343

Kind of my thinking...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 1, 2013 7:29 pm  #344

Yeah, and that way, the audience will grow to like Mary because she'll help get John and Sherlock back together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 1, 2013 8:00 pm  #345

I can also imagine her being quite sassy...Lord, did I really just use that word?
Seems to be the one all the kids are using just now...
But yeah. she may be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem!

April 1, 2013 8:09 pm  #346

Yeah, I imagine her as being a bit like Amy Pond. And John is obviously Rory. And I guess that would make Sherlock the Doctor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 1, 2013 8:22 pm  #347

What a lovely image!

April 2, 2013 9:36 am  #348

Why not? After all it's the same guy who writes the two series.
And I think the doctor an Sherlock do have quite a bit in common.

Last edited by Myraya (April 2, 2013 9:37 am)

April 2, 2013 9:03 pm  #349

theres a good interview with steven moffat about the doctor/sherlock, to the effect that the doctor is an angel wanting to be human, sherlock is human wanting to be god

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

April 3, 2013 11:57 am  #350

beekeeper wrote:

theres a good interview with steven moffat about the doctor/sherlock, to the effect that the doctor is an angel wanting to be human, sherlock is human wanting to be god

Do you have the link to that interview?

April 3, 2013 7:03 pm  #351

Is this not said on the DVD commentaries?

April 10, 2013 2:11 am  #352

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I think we'll almost certainly get a quick recap of the Fall, thirty seconds perhaps...seeing as that's what they did in Scandal, but then...the pre-credit scene was the resolution of Great Game, and there's no way they could do a resolution scene for Reichenbach so quickly...

So now I'm starting to think the pre-credit scene won't have anything to do with the Fall at all....uhhh...I dunno, it's too tough to call.

At the moment my money's on the  'fall' and cemetery scene pre-credit and continues with John's POV part in flashback

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

April 10, 2013 5:09 am  #353

I was just told how John does react.. and I AM SO UPSET! I managefd to avoid so many spoilers, and now that I know I am like aaaaaaaarg! It is very fitting and yet I so very much enjoyed this fandom's anticipation and theories. I sincerley hope I wil not learn any more spoilers.

Let's wear our bages with pride! The fandom that knows how to wait!

April 10, 2013 5:53 am  #354

The Doctor wrote:

I was just told how John does react.. and I AM SO UPSET! I managefd to avoid so many spoilers, and now that I know I am like aaaaaaaarg! It is very fitting and yet I so very much enjoyed this fandom's anticipation and theories. I sincerley hope I wil not learn any more spoilers.

Bugger! Sorry you found out like that! Who told you? No spoilers!! If it's available online we'll have to be much more careful!
I'm pretty much on a total Sherlock black out. Only this website so hopefully there aren't any spoil-sports here that are going to ruin it for people.

================================================================

April 10, 2013 8:21 am  #355

I was dipleased with that spoiler too.
I mean like I've said before:
what it is, not that it was spoiled...I was  asked if I wanted to know!

April 10, 2013 8:54 am  #356

besleybean wrote:

I was dipleased with that spoiler too.

I still find my/our reaction interesting - for years, I was told plenty of movie spoilers and yet I was never this annoyed. Probably because we already waited so long. I am happy to wait that tiny bit longer!

April 10, 2013 9:19 am  #357

Again, I'm as clear as mud!
I DON'T MIND SPOILERS!
I mean there are just some things in the series I don't like, regardless...I'm not bothered how I get to see/hear about them!

April 10, 2013 10:18 am  #358

The Doctor wrote:

I was just told how John does react.. and I AM SO UPSET! I managefd to avoid so many spoilers, and now that I know I am like aaaaaaaarg! It is very fitting and yet I so very much enjoyed this fandom's anticipation and theories. I sincerley hope I wil not learn any more spoilers. Let's wear our bages with pride! The fandom that knows how to wait!

Oh oh. Really? I was so hoping to be able to stay here on the forum until next fall, maybe even until Sherlock airs on BBC. But now.... I'm not sure. Because that is a major spoiler, just the kind of thing I'm hoping to avoid. Bugger.

April 10, 2013 10:40 am  #359

The Doctor wrote:

I think I know what you mean , because I was unfortunately also online on the first setlock day, the shooting in Bristol. But how do you really know that this was his reaction on Sherlock being still alive? I mean theoretically it could be the reaction on something else, or? Or are you talking about anything else, another source, which I luckily don´t know? I don´t want to hear that, of course, then....

April 10, 2013 11:42 am  #360

Anja,
that is exactly what I did. At first I was curious to know and watched everything I could find. But after I came across the first day of filming and some pictures I decided that I better bury my head in the sand. Because we won't be able to figure out the plot. Not that I want to. We haven't been able to come to a conclusion about TRF either, haven't we?
When I can't avoid seeing a picture from the set I start to go into fan-mode and try to adjust my theories of the plot to everything new I see. And I can't stand that.
So I try to deceive myself that Mary can be Harry or John's you-know-what is not what it is. Speculation is alright on the basis of series 1 and 2. But I don't want to really know anything.

To answer the question about John's reaction: As a man with strong moral principles he will give Sherlock time to explain everything. And depending on Sherlock's answer he will react accordingly.

We know that Sherlock often keeps things form John/us. So maybe John gets to know about how he did survive. For John that is not enough. John will want to know why Sherlock did it. Sherlock won't  tell John everything about  what exactly happend on the roof. Maybe just something like: "I talked to him and he killed himself."  
If the writers stick to canon and use the reason Watson is given in "The Empty House": Sherlock predicted that John could involuntarily give Sherlock away. Then there might be some punching or running away.

Board footera