BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 24, 2013 3:48 pm  #61

Re: Mini Episode "Many Happy Returns" on the 24th

And John seems to have picked up some drinking habits from Mycroft. 

December 24, 2013 3:53 pm  #62

John just breaks my heart completely... it's really nice how he and Sherlock sort of interact there for a second when Sherlock says "Okay". God, that look on John's face...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 24, 2013 3:54 pm  #63

Mary Me wrote:

What can I say. Something completely different but very nice indeed! 
Does someone would like to write down all of Sherlock's lines... I didn't catch them all.

I second that.
I have watched the video like 5 times but there are still some words I don't get.
Thanks in advance 

December 24, 2013 3:56 pm  #64

SolarSystem wrote:

John just breaks my heart completely... it's really nice how he and Sherlock sort of interact there for a second when Sherlock says "Okay". God, that look on John's face...!

I know!
I thought "OMG. Poor John" and immediately after I thought "But you are in for surprise, love!"

December 24, 2013 3:59 pm  #65

Sherlock, you bastard, wherever you are. Cheers.

John just breaks my heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

December 24, 2013 4:00 pm  #66

kittykat wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

IT'S UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!      *breathes into a paper bag*

*gives shock blanket*

Thanks Kitty.   *clutches shock blanket and WatsonBear*

I just fangirled so hard something snapped.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 24, 2013 4:00 pm  #67

Mrs. Watson wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Does someone would like to write down all of Sherlock's lines... I didn't catch them all.

I second that.
I have watched the video like 5 times but there are still some words I don't get.
Thanks in advance 

Yes, please. Should be easy for a native speaker to do a transcript. Begging twice, three times....

December 24, 2013 4:02 pm  #68

Mrs. Watson wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

I know!
I thought "OMG. Poor John" and immediately after I thought "But you are in for surprise, love!" 

Be careful what you wish for, right?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 24, 2013 4:07 pm  #69

Here's a transcript of the first part. I assume the second part is understandable.

Sherlock: 'I look in the camera? Ok...

Eh, what do I, what do you want me to do at the end. Smile and wink, I do that sometimes, I don't know why, people seem to like it. Humanises me or... fine, whatever. 

Why am I doing this again?

Lestrade: 'You're gonna miss the dinner.'

Sherlock: 'Of course I'm gonna miss dinner, there'll be people.

How could John be giving a birthday dinner, all his friends hate him? You only have to look at their faces. I wrote an essay on suppressed hatred in closed proximity, based entirely on his friends. On reflection it probably wasn't a very good choice of gift. 

What was my excuse again?'

Lestrade: 'You said you had a thing.'

Sherlock: 'Oh right, yes that's right, a thing.'

Lestrade: 'You might wanna elaborate.'

Sherlock: 'No no, no, only lies have detail. Right, just give me a moment to think what I'm gonna do.' 

John: 'I can tell you what you can do. Stop being dead.' 

Sherlock: Okay. Okay I'm ready now.' 

December 24, 2013 4:09 pm  #70

Be wrote:

Mrs. Watson wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

I second that.
Thanks in advance 

Yes, please. Should be easy for a native speaker to do a transcript. Begging twice, three times....

Writing one up now...

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 24, 2013 4:11 pm  #71

BLESS YOU.

How could John be giving a birthday dinner, all his friends hate him? You only have to look at their faces. I wrote an essay on suppressed hatred in closed proximity, based entirely on his friends. On reflection it probably wasn't a very good choice of gift.

That was the part I didn't quite understand. Oh Sherlock... you are so funny but I want to cry at the same time...

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

December 24, 2013 4:16 pm  #72

Here you are. I thought you may need one of these. Pass them on, please...

December 24, 2013 4:18 pm  #73

SolarSystem wrote:

Mrs. Watson wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

I know!

Be careful what you wish for, right?

Right!

December 24, 2013 4:18 pm  #74

@Mary Me You're welcome. 

BTW I just realised that they had 4, well maybe 3 or 2 German actors. Supposedly some of them know how the court system works in their own country. I bet Moftiss worked it out, then just ignored it because they were already late in the process, and hoped we wouldn't figure it out. Wrong. 

December 24, 2013 4:23 pm  #75

Mary Me wrote:

BLESS YOU.

That was the part I didn't quite understand. Oh Sherlock... you are so funny but I want to cry at the same time...

I had problems with that part too! Thank you so much for the transcripts.

December 24, 2013 4:24 pm  #76

I really don't care. It's not a documentary after all. Yes, it's wrong, courts don't work that way here, but it was just too good an opportunity to let it pass, I guess. *shrugs*

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

December 24, 2013 4:32 pm  #77

@kete You're right, it doesn't really matter. There are a few more silly mistakes in the series and that doesn't stop me from being a complete obsessed fangirl. 

December 24, 2013 4:32 pm  #78

Did I get that right: Sherlock gave John a birthday gift about that fact that his friends hate John and how you can read that in their faces. Then Sherlock found out that this was porbably not a good idea. John was not amused.
Sherlock is trying to find an excuse? What's that "thing" he had? We are not talking about Asperger's here again, are we? Would kind of fit because of the analytical approach towards reading facial expressions. No intuitive way of reading faces by people on the spectrum.
What do you think?
What's the thing?

December 24, 2013 4:36 pm  #79

There is no thing. It was just a lame excuse because he didn't want to be social. He couldn't even be bothered to make up an excuse. And lies tend to be too detailed anyway. And I know people think he has aspergers but that really doesn't look like that. He just doesn't like people. 

December 24, 2013 4:38 pm  #80

I find it funny how you can immediatly tell who the native speakers are just by the way they say "Nicht schuldig"

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera