BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2012 7:44 pm  #841

Re: Sherlock Quotes Hangman

Yay - you got it ! *throws deer stalker into air*
Soo Lin Yao says it to her collegue, meaning her passion, the tea pots in TBB.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2012 7:45 pm  #842

Molly, since you knew the reference, would you like to do the next one?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 30, 2012 7:46 pm  #843

I would feel like I was depriving you of a well-earned (more than the O's were) privilege!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 30, 2012 8:40 pm  #844

Well, I wouldn't mind a little deprivation, but here goes. This one probably won't make it into anyone's signature line, but it's kinda catchy-sounding. I'll even provide the scaffold, just in case we need it.

_ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _.

______
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |____________

May 30, 2012 9:08 pm  #845

Oh, that scaffold is a bit scary

The T, please

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 30, 2012 9:14 pm  #846

Two tantalizing 'T's for the tempting Ms. Adler:

T _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / t _ _ / _ _ _.

______
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |____________

May 30, 2012 9:15 pm  #847

Ok... now, please, the H for High functioning sociopath

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 30, 2012 9:18 pm  #848

You don't want to be hanged do you? May I have an R please.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2012 9:44 pm  #849

Davina wrote:

Oh, I am so tempted, but I will behave...

May 30, 2012 9:46 pm  #850

Now things are coming together:

T h _ r _ / _ _ _ / _ / _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ r / t h _ / _ _ _.

______
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |____________ (No wrong guesses yet!)

May 30, 2012 9:59 pm  #851

Davina wrote:

No... hung, yes!!

(my grammar would get Sherlock sooooo angry )

The E, please, Tantalus

May 30, 2012 10:42 pm  #852

Looking fine, looking fine:

T h e r e / _ _ _ / _ / _ _ e _ e / _ _ r / t h e / _ _ _.

______
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |

May 30, 2012 10:46 pm  #853

Well... the W for Watson, please

May 30, 2012 11:15 pm  #854

Ok I just can't work out the last word.... any L?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 31, 2012 12:59 am  #855

Sherlockians are just too good at this game! : )

As requested:

T h e r e / w _ _ / _ / _ _ e _ e / _ _ r / t h e / l _ _.

______
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |
  |

May 31, 2012 1:53 am  #856

There was a queue for the loo

??

I don't remember that being in the show though...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 31, 2012 2:13 am  #857

Wholocked wrote:

There was a queue for the loo

??

I don't remember that being in the show though...

It was the Barrister saying that when the verdict returned in Reichenbach.
Watson says ' They took 6 minutes" and he replied something like " yes there was a queue for the loo"

You are hereby put on detention Ms Wholocked, now go study that show again!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 31, 2012 2:23 am  #858

I don't know why, but I loved that line. Like the barrister is saying, "Good grief--if they didn't all have to pee they wouldn't have even had to leave the room." Plus, "queue for the loo" just has a nice ring to it (say that here in good ol' South Carolina, and you'll get some puzzled looks for sure...).

Your turn, Wholocked.

May 31, 2012 2:29 am  #859

Tantalus wrote:

.... "queue for the loo" just has a nice ring to it (say that here in good ol' South Carolina, and you'll get some puzzled looks for sure...).

Your turn, Wholocked.

Yeah and you know, we say it a lot here. It should be in our Australian Oxford Dictionary.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 31, 2012 5:00 am  #860

I think, Kazza, that's why I got confused. It's such an Aussie phrase I'm like "that was in Sherlock?! When? Where??" But I do remember it now.

Gosh darn, I need to go watch it again? That's such a punishment.....

Okay a new phrase....

_ _ / _ _ _ _

;)

Board footera