BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 9, 2013 12:44 am  #1

Martin defends Amanda

Just found this...

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/freeman-hits-threats-wife-001014961.html

What's wrong with people?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 9, 2013 1:04 am  #2

Re: Martin defends Amanda

First: Dear gods it is wonderful to see a man with that kind of loyalty in real life. Amanda---KEEP HIM.
Second: What the he.. is wrong with people? Granted, I don't really like the Mary in the stories, but it's all fiction, folks. Yesh.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

December 9, 2013 2:09 am  #3

This Mary is shaping up to be pretty cool ^^

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 9, 2013 3:32 am  #4

WOAH! I mean firstly even if you don't like the character that's no reason to attack the actor and secondly the series hasn't even been released yet. How about you give Mary a go.
I'm very excited to see it!

================================================================

December 9, 2013 3:40 am  #5

*facepalm* For the love of...this is just insane! Sometimes, I really don't understand humanity. Regardless of how one feels about the Mary character, threatening the actress who plays her? Really? That's just...not at all right.

-------------------------------------------------------

December 9, 2013 6:35 am  #6

This makes me so f...ing angry, bunch of blockheads, really.
I will never get haters, I just don't and can't and won't. And it's even more ridiculous to hate something you haven't even seen yet!!
Amanda is going to be an amazing Mary Morstan and a lovely addition to the show, that's all I have to say. *nods ferociously*

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

December 9, 2013 7:50 am  #7

When will people realise that Johnlock is just a fantasy and never going to happen? Mary Morstan is canon though. Martin is absolutely right - the people attacking Amanda for that reason are not fans of the show but fans of a show that's going on in their head. 

Okay. Anyone else concerned about the mention of the anti-climax?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

December 9, 2013 8:01 am  #8

It's all about the fact that there will be someone between Sherlock and John. Mary destroys everything that hardcore Johnlock fans, who can't see the difference between fanatasy( in their minds) and reality (in the show), dream of. (And of course, I don't mean Johnlockers in this forum. I'm sure they know the difference. )To attack the real person behind a character is stupid.

Edit: Mary was faster.

And what do you think the antclimax is about, Mary?

Last edited by gently69 (December 9, 2013 8:05 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 9, 2013 8:25 am  #9

I think they mean that expectations and speculations about how Sherlock faked his death have been so insane that no solution in the world could satisfy them. So some people might be disappointed, e.g. those with the theories that would take 90 minutes to explain as Mark Gatiss said. 

As for me, I am excited to see how he did it but then I will concentrate on the new things going on. As Benedict said, the real focus will be on how Sherlock and his friends manage to cope with his return and the way life has changes for all of them. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 9, 2013 8:28 am  #10

Didn't read thoroughly enough, sorry. But I wonder what they will come up with this time, given that the end of series 3 is announced to be worse than Reichenbach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

December 9, 2013 8:31 am  #11

SusiGo wrote:

As for me, I am excited to see how he did it but then I will concentrate on the new things going on. As Benedict said, the real focus will be on how Sherlock and his friends manage to cope with his return and the way life has changes for all of them. 

Yes that's the most important thing for me too.

I never was that intensive into the survival theories. I think I can accept any solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 9, 2013 9:37 am  #12

I seriously have no idea how people can be so stupid to attack Amanda (or anybody else) personally. I am also a bit worried that this could make Martin choose not to continue with Sherlock because he's pissed.

The Game is On!

December 9, 2013 9:41 am  #13

Marva wrote:

I am also a bit worried that this could make Martin choose not to continue with Sherlock because he's pissed.

What might happen at the beginning... but what John also can't stand for very long, can he?

(Tony Hadley)

December 9, 2013 10:53 am  #14

Naturally fans who love "Sherlock" get a bit protective or obsessed about what they think is the way the story should or should not go on. They are afraid of changes and built their own mind palace or Johnlock-palace.
Mary is a canon character who is rarely included because she can easily interfere, not only with the friendship but also the dynamic and balance of the show.

In canon she was quite often away and not spoken about. Holmes respected her because she was an intelligent and helpful client in The Sign of Four. The writers are surely aware that it would be a challenge to include her and built a triangle. I am curious how they did it and whether Johnlock can survive Mary on a subtextual level. 

If Sherlock loved John the way Johnlockers think he does Sherlock would probably respect John's choice. The fans should try the same and be respectful. 

December 9, 2013 1:11 pm  #15

Immature idiots that cannot seperate reality from fantasy.  You would do well not to incur the wrath of Mr. Martin Freeman.  Especially where his family is concerned.

I do hope he realizes that the majority of us are not like that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 9, 2013 2:13 pm  #16

I found Amanda on Twitter and sent her a nice little message of support ^^

December 9, 2013 10:31 pm  #17

kittykat wrote:

I follow her on twitter too. She is hilarious!!!

================================================================

December 10, 2013 12:58 am  #18

kittykat wrote:

YES! Send it from all of us :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

December 12, 2013 8:16 pm  #19

Some people are so stupid there are no words. No wonder we live in such a world, if something like a role is a reason to send hate to other people. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera