BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 9, 2013 2:12 pm  #81

Re: More news coming tonight!

I would rather punch Mycroft in this scene. Smiling with his superior knowledge and photos taken without John's consent.
He seems to be a bit jealous because of the friendship Sherlock and John had. Almost as if he was happy that Sherlock lost it now.

December 9, 2013 2:15 pm  #82

Sherlock's smirk after deducing the door greeter...that was pure class XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 9, 2013 2:15 pm  #83

I feel with Sherlock, too, in spite of his infuriating remarks. He clearly does not understand how life has been on the other side - the side of those who did not know he faked his death. And he will learn it the hard way. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 9, 2013 3:32 pm  #84

"I need to get to know London again. Breath it in, every quiver of its beating heart."
I hope the quote is correct. I like this physical approach. A whole-body experience. And the new soundtrack sounds fitting.

December 9, 2013 6:29 pm  #85

Oh my god.... I miss ONE day and I feel I missed all the fun! So much to see!!!
I need to recover from this:  a bottle of Champagne please

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

December 9, 2013 6:55 pm  #86

I also tend to Molly as the "person that matters the most". But there are a lot of people who think it's Mycroft (or they wish it's him) 

And I'm quite happy that Sherlock is also very strongly against the moustache 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 9, 2013 9:01 pm  #87

I am so very, very out of the loop. When is you are going to see the first episode of Season 3 in the UK? Isn't it this month?

December 9, 2013 9:08 pm  #88

veecee wrote:

I am so very, very out of the loop. When is you are going to see the first episode of Season 3 in the UK? Isn't it this month?

First episode premieres Jan 1st.  The second episode on Jan. 5th, then the last one on Jan. 12th.

PBS starts airing the week after the UK run finishes.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 9, 2013 9:48 pm  #89

Oh GOD. I just found the trailer... I'm late, right? ...well... I don't really know what to... WAHHHHHHHHHHHH... ahm, say. OH MY GOD !!!!! bounce bounce bounce. I cannot write much I have to rewatch that another ten times...

ok. actually I didn't understand a few words in dialogue. Maybe it's because I can't focus on foreign language right now - to excited!! - I don't know... maybe someone could put some of the dialogue down, that would be kind to no ends... <3  It's just the part with the "mattered most" I don't understand, what's said right before that?

and what Sherlock said about London... beautiful
and Mycroft, grrrr that smile is so uncalled for

God, I can't breathe. I was so so so afraid it might not be a good series... but this, this is... more than I expected. better. just BRILLIANT!!!!!!! <3
god I am so relieved. and happy. and ... asfldjaslgkdhas.
*off to watch that again and again and again*

"It is what it is."

December 9, 2013 9:51 pm  #90

Aww... Mofiss... Favourite moment of series 3... I'm dying.... 

And the music... absolutely brilliant!

Last edited by gently69 (December 9, 2013 10:11 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 9, 2013 10:34 pm  #91

Whisky wrote:

ok. actually I didn't understand a few words in dialogue. Maybe it's because I can't focus on foreign language right now - to excited!! - I don't know... maybe someone could put some of the dialogue down, that would be kind to no ends... <3  It's just the part with the "mattered most" I don't understand, what's said right before that?

I had problems with it too at first, but since I've read the quotes on tumblr so many times now - here's a transcript of what they say (non-interactive trailer only).

(John) I don’t care how you faked it. I wanna know why.

(Sherlock) The one person he thought didn’t matter at all to me was the one person who mattered the most.

(Sherlock) I think I’ll surprise John. Pop off to Baker Street, who knows, jump out of a cake.
(Mycroft) Baker Street? He isn’t there anymore. It’s been two years. He’s got on with his life.
(Sherlock) What life? I’ve been away.

(Mycroft) The terror alert has been raised to critical.
(Sherlock) Welcome to my world.
(Mycroft) An attack is coming.

(Sherlock) I need to get to know London again. Breathe it in. Every quiver of its beating heart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 10, 2013 1:08 am  #92

kittykat wrote:

The scenes with Sherlock and Mycroft intrigue me. I no longer see the disdain that Sherlock once held for his brother. They actually looked like family for once!

me too! that family relationship has changed. There they are gabbing about a mustache and jumping out of a cake...Mycroft just sits there thinking that his brother Sherlock is back yeah!  Now go get rid of this terrorist threat with your "leg work" (insert Mycroft shutter and grimace here)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

December 10, 2013 2:35 am  #93

Be wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

Sherlock is practically screaming "Punch me in the face" this time around.

What life? I've been away.
Wonderful. The Sherlock of old days pre John is back. I love him the most.

So, to Sherlock, John's life is not a life at all without him and his work. It would be boring, insignificant and worst. Nice, you are going for a real shock

I'm curious, if he thinks it's applicable to him as well

December 10, 2013 2:36 am  #94

sj4iy wrote:

veecee wrote:

First episode premieres Jan 1st.  The second episode on Jan. 5th, then the last one on Jan. 12th.

PBS starts airing the week after the UK run finishes.

Thank you sj4iy! That means only a little over a month for us here. Lucky, lucky UK.

December 10, 2013 10:39 am  #95

Interesting to see Sherlock investigating a corpse again. A skeletonized body at 0:40 to leave lying around. How does that fit into the terror alert?
Nice to have some footage to puzzle with spoilers and pictures we got from @Arwelwjones on twitter.
No problem to keep us occupied untill Christmas.

December 10, 2013 3:48 pm  #96

I simply love Sherlock's funny face shortly before he starts to pin the photos at the wall. Like a little boy who has got his favourite toy back and is allowed to play again. Full of anticipation, focus to the task; maybe a bit reluctant, too.
What causes this face?

Last edited by Be (December 10, 2013 3:57 pm)

December 10, 2013 5:52 pm  #97

^ A New Game Is On...I guess.  Maybe he has matured because two season ago, he would have spun and jumped around in glee...now he just does a nice pondering smirk with an internal thought like "this is nice...very nice"

reluctant....interesting you seeing that...maybe to do with not knowing London like he used to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

December 10, 2013 8:11 pm  #98

OMG that trailer looks GOOD!! 
The person who mattered the most, I think it's probably Molly but I want it to be Mycroft, he just seems to make everything more mysterious and interesting. (And OMG Mark's voice in this trailer.) 

And is it just me or do these clips suggest that the Moftiss have a very good idea about what we know and don't know. And that most of the so called 'spoilers' might have been leaked deliberately?? 

December 10, 2013 8:42 pm  #99

Oh, you know they know what we know and don't know and they're happy that we know only what they want us to know.

*deep breath*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 10, 2013 8:45 pm  #100

tonnaree wrote:

Oh, you know they know what we know and don't know and they're happy that we know only what they want us to know.

*deep breath*

Have you been watching Friends? XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera