BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2013 8:52 pm  #1

Radio Times christmas issue: Moffat interviews Benedict - SPOILERS!

Found this on tumblr today, Moffat and Benedict talk about Series 3 - so beware of Spoilers!

http://tpejfkgvaema.tumblr.com/post/69256893558/sherlock-in-the-christmas-new-year-issue-of-radio

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 7, 2013 9:48 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 7, 2013 9:01 pm  #2

Re: Radio Times christmas issue: Moffat interviews Benedict - SPOILERS!

This is a great example how to do an interview. Interesting questions, witty comments (love the thing about Steven going on holiday while Benedict keeps talking).
The best thing for me is Benedict saying that for him the most interesting part is not the survival as such but how Sherlock copes with coming back into a changed world. I am really excited to see him doing that. 

Solar, one request - could you put the spoiler warning in the title as well? Thank you.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 7, 2013 9:52 pm  #3

SusiGo wrote:

The best thing for me is Benedict saying that for him the most interesting part is not the survival as such but how Sherlock copes with coming back into a changed world. I am really excited to see him doing that.

Me too! I have to admit that I'm not really thinking that much anymore about how Sherlock survived, I'm far more interested in seeing the reunion of the boys and what it will do to each of them. What happened with them while Sherlock was 'dead', what will happen now? How will we as an audience feel, how will we cope with this new situation?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 7, 2013 9:54 pm  #4

Exactly. And I think this might show what Benedict does so very well - ambivalent feelings, a mixture of sarcasm and vulnerability and a bit of humour. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 7, 2013 10:00 pm  #5

Somebody coming back to his friends and family after pretending to be dead for such a long time would be a subject for a whole seperate film. I agree it's the most interesting thing next to the solution how he survived.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 8, 2013 1:37 pm  #6

Thought this article was brilliant.  I'm excited about the fact that the focus of S3/E1 will be on getting the boys back together.  I also liked that Ben said Sherlock has 'regressed' without John there to put the brakes on. And ohhh...he comes back to an empty flat.  Now we know John did leave and apparently Mrs. Hudson didn't rent it out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 8, 2013 1:38 pm  #7

Aw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 8, 2013 1:49 pm  #8

Agreed.  The solution of how he survived will be fascinating I'm sure and I am looking forward to it;  But the heart of our story is our boys.  What happene after Sherlock fell, what happens now?  This is what makes me shiver with anticipation..

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 8, 2013 2:13 pm  #9

And us all...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 9, 2013 10:19 am  #10

A very good interview with new questions and new answers.
We wondered about Sherlock and vanity in a thread here, too. And Mr Cumberbatch's answer is not something we thought of.

Board footera