BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 24, 2013 4:30 pm  #61

Re: Benedict's voice

Personally I prefer poetry sans music. Ah...Blakes 7 brings back memories of dodgy visual effects! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 24, 2013 4:31 pm  #62

I loved Blakes 7.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 12, 2013 4:49 am  #63

Well, a quick search of 'pure imagination' didn't turn up any results, so even though this clip is from quite a while back, might be new to some of you!   Have no idea how I came across, but here's a short bit from one of Ben's interviews, where he's asked for a bit of... yup...  singing.
Ok......  ok, Ben.... you can stop being all wonderfully modestly nicely awesome with that demeanor of yours and sweet playfulness and thud-causing baritone.    No, it's not like I needed my heart or anything.  Or for you to sing the whole thing.  Pretty please.  ;P   ;)

(of course, then I just had to go and lose it again from curiously typing in 'benedict cumberbatch sings' in youtube to see if there were any other instances (besides the more recently spread around Neverwhere thing), not knowing he also did a short little ditty in 'To The Ends Of The Earth', as it is one of too many titles still need to watch, and also a must-see clip for you guys)       

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 12, 2013 7:26 am  #64

Russell wrote:

Well, a quick search of 'pure imagination' didn't turn up any results, so even though this clip is from quite a while back, might be new to some of you! Have no idea how I came across, but here's a short bit from one of Ben's interviews, where he's asked for a bit of... yup... singing.
Ok...... ok, Ben.... you can stop being all wonderfully modestly nicely awesome with that demeanor of yours and sweet playfulness and thud-causing baritone. No, it's not like I needed my heart or anything. Or for you to sing the whole thing. Pretty please. ;P ;)

(of course, then I just had to go and lose it again from curiously typing in 'benedict cumberbatch sings' in youtube to see if there were any other instances (besides the more recently spread around Neverwhere thing), not knowing he also did a short little ditty in 'To The Ends Of The Earth', as it is one of too many titles still need to watch, and also a must-see clip for you guys)

OMG, I know the film but I'd totally forgotten about the scene. And he's even singing Italian. I know the song, must be from some opera. 

Last edited by SusiGo (April 12, 2013 7:27 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 12, 2013 7:26 am  #65

I love this song.  I was so happy when I first saw this clip and he started singing this song as the one that "identifies the inner Benedict Cumberbatch". 

I generally prefer softer voices, not so deep, but his manages to be soft and velevety and deep at the same time. Him and Alan Rickman. O_O

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

April 12, 2013 7:21 pm  #66

Mmmmmmmm...

April 12, 2013 9:22 pm  #67

Sparrow wrote:

I love this song.  I was so happy when I first saw this clip and he started singing this song as the one that "identifies the inner Benedict Cumberbatch". 

I generally prefer softer voices, not so deep, but his manages to be soft and velevety and deep at the same time. Him and Alan Rickman. O_O

Eeee…  I know….  ;D   I could listen to this over and over.  Just…  ay, the nice sound of, and demeanor, and that that was what popped up in his head to do, and…  love it.  ;)
Hehee….  I kind of figured that would be another favorite…  funny/neat how similar are, no?  And kind of awesome his talent with wielding that Voice made it kind of a 'thing' with being good at channelling Rickman….  I don't suppose you've also come across the clip where he was asked to sing as Rickman, no? 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

April 12, 2013 9:54 pm  #68

And it's amazing how different his voice sounds e.g. in CP - much higher, sometimes bordering on hysterical.  

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 13, 2013 7:37 pm  #69

It's called "acting"!

April 14, 2013 11:03 pm  #70

Russell wrote:

Well, a quick search of 'pure imagination' didn't turn up any results, so even though this clip is from quite a while back, might be new to some of you! Have no idea how I came across, but here's a short bit from one of Ben's interviews, where he's asked for a bit of... yup... singing.
Ok...... ok, Ben.... you can stop being all wonderfully modestly nicely awesome with that demeanor of yours and sweet playfulness and thud-causing baritone. No, it's not like I needed my heart or anything. Or for you to sing the whole thing. Pretty please. ;P ;)

yay..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

April 15, 2013 7:14 am  #71

Don't know if this has been posted already. You can check the French, Spanish, Russian, and Italian dubbing (but not the German which isn't so bad either). From the tone of voice I think the French is best. But of course as someone said in the YT commentaries: One does not dub Benedict Cumberbatch. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNzeuzYPiLc

April 15, 2013 7:20 am  #72

nice, I´ll go through when I´m home. the Czech dubbing was really bad, just for the record.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

April 15, 2013 8:41 am  #73

mum, dad and i went to see "Oblivion" the other day and before the movie started, they showed the trailer for "Into Darkness" i squeeled, maybe a little to loud when i heard BC's voice and my mum was like "that voice belongs to the bedroom", that remark got one eyebrow raised from my dad. and i was like

finally. my mum understood

------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 15, 2013 8:56 am  #74

Clever Mum. 

April 15, 2013 9:00 am  #75

quote of the day! 

April 15, 2013 5:13 pm  #76

@myrarobles - I'm just laughing here.   Yes! 

April 15, 2013 6:34 pm  #77

Oh that was funny. The Russian one was the best.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

April 18, 2013 9:55 pm  #78

Some new Jaguar ads - in case anyone's interested in cars. 

http://londonphile.tumblr.com/post/48295245672/new-videos-narrated-by-benedict-cumberbatch

April 18, 2013 10:01 pm  #79

in cars...

April 19, 2013 2:26 am  #80

ahem.... yes, cars.       "...aerodynamic detailing continues along the flanks..."

Board footera