BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2013 6:35 am  #101

Re: New Trailer!

2 hour slot?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 26, 2013 9:08 am  #102

MNRebecca wrote:

HATE the fan sequence. Feels so self-important and indulgent on the part of the writers.  But it's okay if I'm in the minority on this.

I see what you mean, but we don't know the plotline and the context.
It's a bit intriguing, isn't it. I expect more of the same.

November 26, 2013 9:22 am  #103

Swanpride wrote:

I don't judge before I have seen it...in general, I would like to them breaking the fourth wall a little bit an awknowledge the fan craze around Sherlock. I somehow like the idea that the real live movement happens in the show, thus blurring the lines a little bit..

Exactly! 
Sherlock is such a modern show anyway, and I really love love love the idea that they go a step further, not only making a tv show but somehow interacting with the audience.

The Game is On!

November 26, 2013 10:15 am  #104

May I just show you what I think is a brilliant Teaser...? Well, two Teasers, for Series 2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRby5d9hL8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF1Tndsfobc

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 26, 2013 10:17 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 26, 2013 10:24 am  #105

And btw, I don't judge before I have seen it, either, I'm just not very happy with the Teaser as a Teaser, if you know what I mean. It will probably work in the show, but it's not really what I'm interested to see in a Teaser... after waiting for new footage for such a long time, I'd like to see something else, it's as simple as that.
There's been a bit of new footage of John, but what we see of Sherlock we've already seen in the first Teaser. And not even "Just the two of us against the rest of the world"...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 26, 2013 2:41 pm  #106

KeepersPrice wrote:

OMG! I'm not at all understanding the criticism of the 'fan group' scene in the trailer. I loved it for the cleverness of the concept. John's blog had made Sherlock famous - even the Queen had taken notice. Kitty the reporter was passing herself off as a fan in the courthouse toilet scene compete with hat and badge, etc. So obviously a group of fans already exists in the BBC Sherlock canon. Why shouldn't these fans figure into the story somewhere? And if I recall correctly there were fan-boys in the scene also (maybe not the 'second type of fan' Sherlock mentions - but you never know). I embrace the use of the speed of Twitter and social networks in the scene which emphasizes the continuation of Sherlock in the modern world. I have no problem with a group of "We Believe in Sherlock" fans who meet on a regular basis and keep the faith for 2 years becoming part of the canon. It's fun to think the writers are breaking down the fourth wall but I can also say that the existence of these fans in the story feels like modern day reality to me. I thought the fan club scene was awesome and I laughed with joy until I cried when I saw it. To me it was perfection. OMG!

^^^^^^^^^^^ I loved it too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 26, 2013 4:27 pm  #107

besleybean wrote:

No I have to say, generally I thought the 1st trailer was a masterpiece, but this...

I also don´t like it. Besides that somehow ridiculous fan group which looks like an AA-meeting, the scene is also not well acted. Absolutely overdone screaming. Maybe this happens so in reality but I don´t like it there as well and I don´t need to see it necessarily on TV. Self-reference must not always be clever. I believe in Sherlock, of course, but nevertheless it´s a strange choice for a teaser trailer to me and I can´t believe that these guys (besides Anderson of course) are real actors. So I really really hope it fits into the whole concept / film, although it doesn´t look like a masterpiece here.
Did anybody say it´s real footage like with the first trailer? Could it be extraly done just for trailer purposes? As a kind of joke, Anderson mixes with the real fans? That would be fun, indeed, but only for these who know the series - possible new viewers are excluded here.

November 26, 2013 4:30 pm  #108

Must be part of the story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 26, 2013 4:42 pm  #109

time slot? two hours in programming where Sherlock plus commercials can go?  do they do commercials on the bbc? pbs doesn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

November 26, 2013 5:54 pm  #110

The BBC certainly does not do that kind of thing!

Last edited by besleybean (November 26, 2013 5:55 pm)

November 26, 2013 6:42 pm  #111

No commercials on the BBC. That's what we pay our TV licence for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 26, 2013 6:43 pm  #112

Quite so.

November 26, 2013 6:46 pm  #113

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

No commercials on the BBC. That's what we pay our TV licence for.

jealous

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 26, 2013 6:50 pm  #114

ahhh... I see. Over here in the US we publicly support PBS...so they have fundraisers (telethons) right on the channel and you can call in a donate.  They usually have really cool gifts that you can get if you donate a certain amount.  I think-I might be wrong- but they receive grants and federal funding too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

November 26, 2013 7:24 pm  #115

Oh yeah. I think I've seen them taking the piss out of it on Family Guy.

November 26, 2013 7:29 pm  #116

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh yeah. I think I've seen them taking the piss out of it on Family Guy.

Yup, the PBS fundraiser-athons are pretty famous over here XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 26, 2013 10:13 pm  #117

sirlockofthesher wrote:

Over here in the US we publicly support PBS...so they have fundraisers (telethons) right on the channel and you can call in a donate. 

"Call 1-800-726-3178 or visit us online at www.pioneer.org."  Oh, yeah.  I can say it in my sleep.  I'll be on this year on Dec. 5.  Nerve-wracking as hell.  Not as much fun as it used to be when we had a local map on the wall with pins in towns where donors lived and I could say, "Hey, nobody has donated from Terrace!  Merlin, pick up the phone!"

sirlockofthesher wrote:

They usually have really cool gifts that you can get if you donate a certain amount.

I tried to provide something extra special this year for SHERLOCK fans...anyone could have gone after it thanks to on-line donating...but it didn't work out.  #ThanksForNothingHartswood

sirlockofthesher wrote:

I think-I might be wrong- but they receive grants and federal funding too.

PBS charges stations a FORTUNE to be a PBS station.  The Corporation for Public Broadcasting, bless their hearts (or its heart, if you prefer), provides grants (at least to the poor rural stations) that cover the lion's share of the dues.  My station's so poor that, I swear, the first year I pitched, they had someone's 10-year-old son running the camera.  So give a little salute, my fellow Americans, when you hear that announcement about CPB before MASTERPIECE begins.

-------------------
Are you local?

November 27, 2013 3:34 pm  #118

So...this is what I come back to after not being able to properly be here for a week? ....AWESOME!!!!!! I LOVE the trailer!  Admittedly, I would've loved to have seen more, but I gobble up every piece of Sherlock series 3 that comes out with fangirl relish, so...yeah , I pretty much screamed and started dancing when I watched the new trailer, and then I cried because....because....John's face....*sob* 

-------------------------------------------------------

November 27, 2013 3:58 pm  #119

There is a reflexion on the headstone. Looks a bit like Sherlock's coat and collar silhouette, doesn't it.
Or I am already imagining things.

November 27, 2013 4:13 pm  #120

Be wrote:

There is a reflexion on the headstone. Looks a bit like Sherlock's coat and collar silhouette, doesn't it.
Or I am already imagining things.

I noticed that to, it does look like Sherlock.

-------------------------------------------------------

Board footera