BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2013 10:41 pm  #81

Re: New Trailer!

ANDERLOCK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 25, 2013 1:44 am  #82

Did anyone notice aaaaalllll of the flowers at Sherlock's grave....John's been busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

November 25, 2013 2:06 am  #83

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

ANDERLOCK

Ewwwwwwwww! Wrinkles forehead. No!

LOL, that said my feels...oh god, I think I found them. You guys are so lucky! I'll probably have to wait to get the DVDS in order to watch them all unless Netflix gets them first....

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

November 25, 2013 4:41 am  #84

I have been so busy writing my fanfic that I have tuned out the rest of the world and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED! A bloody trailer comes out YESTERDAY and I am only now, at 11:40pm THE NEXT DAY seeing it! I don't deserve to call myself a fan! 

----------------------------------------------------------
You're on the canon ground, I'm up in crack ship space
Let's start a shipping war, don't care if I get hate.
Don't like my pairings, well, then you can hit the bricks.
This is my OTP, I'll go down with this ship!

November 25, 2013 5:33 am  #85

Neptune Centari wrote:

I have been so busy writing my fanfic that I have tuned out the rest of the world and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED! A bloody trailer comes out YESTERDAY and I am only now, at 11:40pm THE NEXT DAY seeing it! I don't deserve to call myself a fan! 

That's okay honey I didn't find out about it until today either when I asked Tumblr peeps where the Anderson images came from!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 25, 2013 7:49 am  #86

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

ANDERLOCK

Ewwwwwwwww! Wrinkles forehead. No!

LOL, that said my feels...oh god, I think I found them. You guys are so lucky! I'll probably have to wait to get the DVDS in order to watch them all unless Netflix gets them first....

Ha… that trailer is still awesome.  And you guys being all goofy about Anderson.     Aww…. maybe he did eventually quit after things gradually fell apart with rumors/convictions of the public/SY, and he was looking into Sherlock's death via those who 'follow' him for his own sake, or Lestrade's.

Aww… I think I remember you mentioning once, in the 'how can I watch it' thread, but you don't have cable?  I never kept track of how fast Netflix is, but I'm sure the dvd's will come out first!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 25, 2013 8:10 am  #87

I know I'm really fixating on this and it maybe isn't going to be anything,
But Anderson.  Forensic science.  
Does he realise there is no evidence pointing to Sherlock's death?
Does he suspect cover up?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 25, 2013 8:29 am  #88

I start to get VERY afraid that series 3 will air during my christmas holiday to Germany hmbl

The Game is On!

November 25, 2013 8:53 am  #89

I like it that the writers go on with trying to break the fourth wall. They mix reality and fiction.  I imagine some fans and cosplayer watching Sherlock on TV and seeing a version of themselves like looking into a mirror.
Beautiful idea.

November 25, 2013 9:23 am  #90

What do you think? Is that supposed to be Anderson's flat?
Looks like most of the fans still wear coats. They appear to be the visitors and Anderson would be the host. Is Anderson the one who works on silly theories about the fall together with some fans?

November 25, 2013 1:08 pm  #91

Be wrote:

I like it that the writers go on with trying to break the fourth wall. They mix reality and fiction.  I imagine some fans and cosplayer watching Sherlock on TV and seeing a version of themselves like looking into a mirror.
Beautiful idea.

Like the girl with the Tom Baker scarf in the Doctor Who 50th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 25, 2013 9:35 pm  #92

HATE the fan sequence. Feels so self-important and indulgent on the part of the writers.  But it's okay if I'm in the minority on this.

-------------------
Are you local?

November 25, 2013 9:48 pm  #93

No I agree with you.
But if it turns out to be part of an interesting story line, I'll accept it.
Fangirls I'm not interested in, but I'm intrigued by Anderson.
There is also a suggestion that one of the people there is Kitty, tho I'm not sure about that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 25, 2013 9:54 pm  #94

besleybean wrote:

Fangirls I'm not interested in, but I'm intrigued by Anderson.

I second that.
And well, yes, they are showing us stuff in this teaser that at least I am not so keen on seeing. Fangirls...? Not really. John I want to see, of course.... but Sherlock, come on, where is Sherlock?
I know, I know, it's all part of their strategy, but I don't particularly like it...

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 25, 2013 9:54 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 25, 2013 9:57 pm  #95

No I have to say, generally I thought the 1st trailer was a masterpiece, but this...

November 25, 2013 10:14 pm  #96

MNRebecca wrote:

HATE the fan sequence. Feels so self-important and indulgent on the part of the writers.  But it's okay if I'm in the minority on this.

I don't understand what you mean? Language problem.....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 25, 2013 10:43 pm  #97

At this point I'm just so excited I can't find a thing to crititize.  

Does that make ma a bad fangirl?

Once we have the actual episodes I'll find the strength to be more anylitical.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 25, 2013 11:50 pm  #98

^ not really happy with how they have advertised Sherlock Series 3.  How hard is it to nail down a release date?  or make a true trailer. 

2. years. 2. years this fandom has waited.  What are they worried about? that we won't tune in?  you could tell me the whole plot right now and I am still watching it the moment this hits tv.  I don't know many media sources that I can say that about.  Get on with it already.

Something in the back of mind is worrying me...maybe they have messed up an episode and the plot/filming is terrible and they are scrambling to fix it. Maybe series 3 is terrible and they are trying plug holes in a leaking ship?  We will see...only two more months to wait.

November 26, 2013 12:12 am  #99

OMG!  I'm not at all understanding the criticism of the 'fan group' scene in the trailer.  I loved it for the cleverness of the concept. John's blog had made Sherlock famous - even the Queen had taken notice.  Kitty the reporter was passing herself off as a fan in the courthouse toilet scene compete with hat and badge, etc. So obviously a group of fans already exists in the BBC Sherlock canon.  Why shouldn't these fans figure into the story somewhere?  And if I recall correctly there were fan-boys in the scene also (maybe not the 'second type of fan' Sherlock mentions - but you never know). I embrace the use of the speed of Twitter and social networks in the scene which emphasizes the continuation of Sherlock in the modern world. I have no problem with a group of "We Believe in Sherlock" fans who meet on a regular basis and keep the faith for 2 years becoming part of the canon. It's fun to think the writers are breaking down the fourth wall but I can also say that the existence of these fans in the story feels like modern day reality to me. I thought the fan club scene was awesome and I laughed with joy until I cried when I saw it.  To me it was perfection. OMG! 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 26, 2013 4:34 am  #100

^ oh I liked the trailers and the fandom was really cool way to turn Sherlock into the legend that I believe is more mysterious than all the fog in london with gas lamps. I just wish it was a full trailer with a release date.. please any day now. come on bbc...you can do it...just need one 2.... hour..... timeslot.....almost got it....any day now bbc...PBS beat you to a release date...and they didnt even make the darn things..

Board footera