BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2013 12:36 pm  #21

Re: German Premiere of 12 Years a Slave

if there's anyone with one ticket left , please do contact me :-) would love to go and would come all the way from belgium :-D

November 24, 2013 8:22 pm  #22

If there's anyone who lives in Berlin and have a bed to much, please contact me :-) would come from belgium jus to see this (although i don't have any ticket) and the premiere of the hobbit :-)

November 26, 2013 3:13 pm  #23

I live in Berlin and I'm so happy that he will be here! I don't have tickets but I will wait just to see him. I'm very excited cause I've never seen him before. Hope to get a autograph and some nice pictures. A little chat...maybe

Last edited by Danara Holmes (November 26, 2013 3:14 pm)

November 26, 2013 7:05 pm  #24

@liselote: Unfortunately I have no spare ticket and I also don´t live in Berlin :-(
  But I wish you all the luck to get a room....and maybe a wonder.....to get a ticket.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

November 27, 2013 12:50 pm  #25

@Sava well thanks for the luck :-) but i don't think it will happens this time for me. It's just to much to travel to berlin and stay a few days. I want to see Benedict (and martin at DOS premiere) so badly but there will be so many people that i will see him for a few seconds or less.

December 9, 2013 8:51 am  #26

Now, I know I said I'd be off until tomorrow evening, but I just had to tell you now: Together with a friend I was at the Red Carpet of the Premiere yesterday, for four long hours we stood in the cold and nobody knew for sure if Benedict und Steve would show up before the movie or afterwards, for a Q&A. A lot of rumours. When it was five minutes to eight, still no sign of Benedict and Steve, a woman came outside and said that there were a few tickets now available, because they hadn't been picked up. So, I guess I never ran that fast in my entire life. We got two tickets, we sat in the front row (can you believe it?!) and after the movie Benedict and Steve came in and answered questions for about 20 minutes - and they stood only four metres away from us! We took lots of pictures, some of which I will post here tomorrow evening.

Benedict looked... great. Just great. I still can't believe this, I'm still in a bit of a daze. Hearing his voice and just being able to look at him... oh my. This was so much more than I had expected from this trip.
It's so weird... And I guess Benedict had a bit of a jetlag, because he looked a bit tired. But apart from that...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 9, 2013 9:01 am  #27

GREAT! Just... GREAT! Don't know what to say... just... GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 9, 2013 9:04 am  #28

This is wonderful, Solar, I am very happy for you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 9, 2013 8:49 pm  #29

Oh, you lucky girl, Solar! All the great deal of time and standing in the cold have been worthwhile in the end. Surely an early christmas present!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 9, 2013 8:57 pm  #30

Oh, congrats to being so lucky! That must have been a wonderful experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 9, 2013 10:22 pm  #31

I´m back. And rather happy :-)
The film was very moving, brutal and really hard to bear. I even left the cinema for 15 mins. because it was TOO hard for me.
Nevertheless it´s brilliant. A Masterpiece. Benedicts role was very small and to be honest - nothing that fits his incredible talent.
After the movie (ca. 22:15) the director and Ben entered the cinema. But not through the front door, wich was very disappointing for the waiting fans. We had the possibility to ask questions (I was too shy....) and after 15-20 mins. they went out. That´s it.
I was a LITTLE bit disappointed, but finally I saw Benedict. That was the goal. And so I´m pleased with it :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 9, 2013 10:30 pm  #32

I am happy for you. And the pic is gorgeous. I would have had breathing problems. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 9, 2013 10:32 pm  #33

Unfortunately it´s not mine, my cam is sh......t..... :-(
Thats what I have:

Anyway.....I have Soundsnippets AND have seen him in real life. That (nearly) all i asked for :-)

Last edited by Sava (December 9, 2013 10:34 pm)

December 10, 2013 5:51 am  #34

Seeing him in real life would be fine for me. And just listen to him. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 10, 2013 7:40 pm  #35

Sava, I agree, I felt so sorry for the girls who were waiting outside until 10pm... I met some of them yesterday at the Premiere of The Hobbit, and they were really disappointed. My friend and I could easily have been among them... god, I'd rather not think about that...

But okay, so I promnised to post some pics I took during the Q&A. I still can't quite believe our luck.
There were at least three professional photographers at the Q&A, but Benedict and Steve asked them after about two minutes to stop taking pictures, especially with the flash light. I then also turned off my flash and I have to say that the pics I took without it turned out even better. But still no comparison to the pics my friend took, she has a great camera, mine is rather crap. So I guess sitting just a few metres away from Benedict helped quite a lot.

At one point I just had to put the camera down - and stare at him. I tried to be descrete though, especially when Steve was talking I tried to focus on him, not on Benedict. But it wasn't easy, I can assure you. 

I love the clothes Benedict was wearing, I loved how concentrated and calm he was - although I really believe that he was also a bit tired. He deliberately seemed to avoid almost any eye contact with the audience, when Steve was talking he mostly looked before himself on the ground. At one point I caught him while he seemed to be staring at my shoes... but I could be wrong. (Of course I won't clean them for quite a while now, because I really want to believe that they have been cumberbatched... )
He only rarely smiled and appeared to be in a serious mood - might have to do with the movie. His answers were intelligent and sophisticated as always. And all in all I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. I still feel so unbelievably lucky - and I wish all of you guys would have been able to be there!

As for the movie: I won't say too much about it in this thread, maybe just that it was moving, shocking, disturbing and very explicit all at the same time. In my opinion it is a movie as many people as possible should see.

Okay, but now... if you want to know why I did what I did, go and take a look!
(Oh, and I will also post some pics of Martin and Benedict from the Hobbit Premiere in the according thread )

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 10, 2013 8:15 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 10, 2013 7:48 pm  #36

December 10, 2013 7:55 pm  #37

Now these two would have to be my favourite pics, even if they're not perfect...

December 10, 2013 7:58 pm  #38

Thank you for the report and the pics, Solar! As you said, I can imagine it quite difficult to focus on any other person but Ben when being in his presence. You were a brave girl! Had to laugh at your "cumberbatched" shoes - I hope they won't be thudding and squealing now as a result.

(It was nice to meet Ben's shirt again - haven't seen it in days and hope it's still doing fine.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 10, 2013 7:58 pm  #39

I love the pics and your report, Solar. I am very happy you had the chance to see and hear him. And I do not mind seeing him in a serious mood at all. (And in these lovely clothes). 

December 10, 2013 8:03 pm  #40

Thanks for sharing - photos and impressions. (It's a new feeling to be jealous of shoes.)

Board footera