BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2013 8:56 pm  #1

German Premiere of 12 Years a Slave

There will be a Pre-Premiere on December, 8th in Berlin with attendances from Steve McQueen and  BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH!

And guess what, girls? I got a ticket!!! *internalscream*
After trying and trying and trying to get some tickets for almost every event with Ben, it finally happens! I´m still in need for a shock blanket, because I still can´t believe.

I didn´t want to watch that film, because of all the violence. Still don´t know if I can bear. But I´ll try.
Or I´m leaving cinema after it´s getting dark :-)
However.......I´m soooo very lucky!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

November 22, 2013 9:15 pm  #2

Re: German Premiere of 12 Years a Slave

This is awesome, Sava, congrats to you! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 22, 2013 9:42 pm  #3

Try and get some photos and post them here please if you can. Are any of the other members of the cast attending...just asking you know...squeak! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 22, 2013 9:45 pm  #4

We all know of your weakness for a certain Mr Fassbender. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 22, 2013 9:54 pm  #5

Announced were only the Director and "actor benedict cumberbatch". He´s there anyway for the Hobbit premiere. Sorry.......didn´t hear about Fassbender or someone else.
Yes, I´ll try to make fotos, if possible. Although I´m a bit shy.......but I´ll try my very best!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 22, 2013 9:55 pm  #6

How did you manage to get a ticket?

November 22, 2013 10:07 pm  #7

I just checked my Twitter at work and someone posted about it. So I googled the cinema, found the premiere and wondered, because there were only few seats sold. So I just bought. I was too easy, so I couldn´t believe it for a while. I guess, half an hour later it was sold out.

November 22, 2013 10:08 pm  #8

Great, Sava, just great! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful evening with... uhm...Mister Cumberbatch! And come on, don't be shy...! Step into the light!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 22, 2013 10:10 pm  #9

We want to see some nice pics. And say Hello from all of us. 

November 22, 2013 10:20 pm  #10

@Solar: maybe I will force him to say that :-)
@Susi: Hi Ben, Love & Hugs from the Sherlock Board! -> I´m sure he would blush :-)

November 22, 2013 10:21 pm  #11

Yes, tell him that exactly. We want to see him blush because of us. 

November 22, 2013 10:22 pm  #12

Sava wrote:

@Solar: maybe I will force him to say that :-)

Then I hope you will have someone with you to film this!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 23, 2013 12:44 am  #13

You should have a banner! If it is in English he will be bound to spot it! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 23, 2013 8:31 am  #14

If I remember right, for Ben we are all "the internet".
Sava, I envy you.
I did a little "fun-check" for The Hobbit recently (not that I really wanted to go to Berlin), but all I could find were tickets for the "normal" dates starting December 12.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 23, 2013 8:33 am  #15

Great, Sava! I'm so happy for you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 23, 2013 11:57 am  #16

I feel so happy for you! Have a great time! 

But awww, why is it always in Berlin? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 23, 2013 3:44 pm  #17

Thank you so much, Ladies!! xx

There are no tickets for Hobbit as far as I know. Sometimes they give away some at the RedCarpet for the "Hardcore"Fans".

Yes....Berlin....it´s 5-6 hours by car for me. But lucky me has some very good friends there, so I don´t have to pay for a hotel.

November 23, 2013 7:57 pm  #18

That is a good thing, you can easily stay by them.
Sometimes I feel like Germany is only reduced to Berlin. It isn't the only nice city here worth a premiere...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 23, 2013 9:54 pm  #19

Yeah...Susi...a 'weakness'! Smitten more like! 

November 23, 2013 10:16 pm  #20

Mary Me wrote:

That is a good thing, you can easily stay by them.
Sometimes I feel like Germany is only reduced to Berlin. It isn't the only nice city here worth a premiere...

True, but I guess it's pretty much the same in the UK, where most of the premieres probably take place in London.

Board footera