BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2013 1:27 pm  #1

Benedict at Letters Live, 10/12/13 (please have a look)

I just found this:

http://www.canongate.tv/discover/letters-live/

Sounds very good and probably less posh than the other gala events he attended. But it could be difficult to grab a ticket. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 11, 2013 9:15 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 11, 2013 9:02 am  #2

Re: Benedict at Letters Live, 10/12/13 (please have a look)

So here is video from Benedict reading a letter of Alan Turing. Prepare for a moving performance. The text of the letter is available as well. I am still fighting tears. If this is a preview for he will be doing in the film ...

http://justanothercumbyfangirl.tumblr.com/post/69664532384/benedict-cumberbatch-reading-alan-turings-letter

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 11, 2013 9:14 am  #3

And here he is basically just holding a book to be auctioned for seven minutes but he is very nice to look at. And it was a lot of money for a good purpose. 

http://cumberbatchcoffeeklatch.tumblr.com/post/69671609225/idrillia-benedict-cumberbatch-book-model-at

December 11, 2013 9:17 am  #4

And here is more Benedict live, complemented by his friend, the brilliant James Rhodes, playing the piano. 

http://vimeo.com/81562754

December 11, 2013 9:20 am  #5

Would it be impolite to tell hubby to leave the flat earlier than planned so I can get to watching the clips?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 11, 2013 9:22 am  #6

Not at all, Schmiezi. Glad you found the thread. I love these smaller, more intimate events much more than the big premieres nice as they may be. Here you can see him as an actor and as someone who cares for good causes. 

December 11, 2013 9:51 am  #7

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More stuff to spam the memorycard of my smartphone with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 11, 2013 10:39 am  #8

WOW!!!! Just watched Benedict reading it WITH sound. (Had to wait until my colleague left the office for a while)
Yes, it's not only his voice... together with his facial expressions... he is such an impressing actor. Again I'm bowled over by him.

Edit: And this post brought me into John's army. YES! Reached my first big target!

Last edited by gently69 (December 11, 2013 10:41 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 11, 2013 10:49 am  #9

SusiGo wrote:

So here is video from Benedict reading a letter of Alan Turing. Prepare for a moving performance. The text of the letter is available as well. I am still fighting tears. If this is a preview for he will be doing in the film ...

http://justanothercumbyfangirl.tumblr.com/post/69664532384/benedict-cumberbatch-reading-alan-turings-letter

Oooohhhh, this is sooooo good! It's so impressive how seemingly without any effort he is reading this... and it feels so right, so genuine, as if those were his own words he's reading out. Glad you found this, Susi!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 11, 2013 1:05 pm  #10

In the words of the great George Takei..   OH MY

Is it too early to start thudding?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 11, 2013 1:49 pm  #11

It's never too early to start thudding, girl!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 11, 2013 2:35 pm  #12

Isn't it amazing how he ACTS those letters instead of just reading them? I cannot get over the Turing letter. Such a tragedy compressed in a few words. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 11, 2013 2:37 pm)

December 11, 2013 4:13 pm  #13

Thank you for posting this, Susi. I will watch it in a quiet moment.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 11, 2013 7:34 pm  #14

Mattlocked wrote:

Thank you for posting this, Susi. I will watch it in a quiet moment.

Oh my….  yes, definitely!   Having missed this the first time around, and based on comments, he sounds wonderful again.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 11, 2013 7:35 pm  #15

This is totally new, Russell, the event was only yesterday. 

December 11, 2013 7:44 pm  #16

I love this man more and more every day ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 12, 2013 4:31 pm  #17

Now that I read the text and fully understand it , it's even more touching. This man... *sigh*

And this auction... was it for the book... or for Benedict? LOL

Last edited by gently69 (December 12, 2013 4:56 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

December 12, 2013 5:16 pm  #18

Went to the book's website.  Wanted to buy it.  Was so disspointed to discover it won't be published in the US until next year. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 16, 2013 7:43 am  #19

Absolutely love this capture of them on stage….        And Gaiman, and Rhodes?  Oh to have been there….

(plenty more shots, and cute blurb about them, on this tumblr:  http://filleboheme.tumblr.com/post/69705509313/gillian-anderson-and-benedict-cumberbatch-part  (part 1)  http://filleboheme.tumblr.com/post/69705555988/gillian-anderson-and-benedict-cumberbatch-part  (part 2)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 16, 2013 9:22 am  #20

DorkyBatch is back in town...

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 16, 2013 9:22 am)

Board footera