BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2013 4:00 pm  #1

European premiere of The Desolation of Smaug

I read that the European premiere will be on 9 December 2013 at Sony Centre Berlin. Many stars are expected to visit, and Benedict is said to be among them. So, if anyone is near, make a dash for the red carpet. I suppose there will be more information soon. 
However, it is a bit awkward to show it with Benedict's dubbed voice, isn't it? I mean, motion capture is all ver fine but not to hear him SPEAK the dragon would be a shame. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2013 4:15 pm  #2

Re: European premiere of The Desolation of Smaug

Well, if it is the European Premiere, don't you think they might show it in the original version...? The dubbed version would be very awkward, indeed...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 21, 2013 4:38 pm  #3

Maybe they will, I did not think of that. Would be logical, I suppose. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2013 4:49 pm  #4

I searched the internet a bit, and it seems that people in the UK can win tickets for the Premiere... which wouldn't make much sense if they then had to watch the dubbed version, right? And it seems that the Sony Centre shows a lot of the movies in the OV anyway, so I guess the original version it will be...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 21, 2013 4:58 pm  #5

I booked my tickets for the 13th at the cinema. 3D and HFR, baby 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 21, 2013 5:09 pm  #6

Fine, then I will beam myself to Berlin on 9 December and see what happens. 

November 21, 2013 5:17 pm  #7

SusiGo wrote:

Fine, then I will beam myself to Berlin on 9 December and see what happens. 

Good idea... just five hours by car, three hours by train... quite tempting...

November 21, 2013 5:17 pm  #8

I don't mind spoilers. I already know some big things that happen in this one that haven't been seen in any trailers 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 21, 2013 7:57 pm  #9

Will anyone of you be there? Unfortunately it´s on a monday :-(
And I guess I´m too old for standing in the cold for about 10 hours......can´t find any tickets for sale.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

November 21, 2013 7:59 pm  #10

I won't. I would travel that far or even further to watch him on stage. But not to stand around in the cold with lots of girls half my age or younger to see him for a second on the red carpet. 

November 21, 2013 8:14 pm  #11

SusiGo wrote:

I won't. I would travel that far or even further to watch him on stage. But not to stand around in the cold with lots of girls half my age or younger to see him for a second on the red carpet. 

Right. I was wondering if I would go if it would be in May or June, though.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 21, 2013 8:25 pm  #12

I think it is a bit nearer for you than for me. And May or June would be nicer. But tbh, I simply don't know if I would be happy standing there in the crowd. 

November 21, 2013 8:31 pm  #13

For me it would depend on the crowd, but then again... even if Benedict was there, one would only see him for a few seconds and with a bit of luck some pics could be taken. And that's about it.

November 21, 2013 8:32 pm  #14

Standing in the crowd AND then have a ticket for the movie. That.

November 21, 2013 8:40 pm  #15

Yes, that would be a completely different story...

November 21, 2013 9:12 pm  #16

Standing there, having a ticket, and sitting in the row directly behind him. 

November 21, 2013 9:13 pm  #17

Haha, I was just thinking... next to him.

November 21, 2013 9:16 pm  #18

That would be even better. But I fear they won't place any fans next to him. 

November 21, 2013 9:18 pm  #19

Oh, I'm not a fan. Not of him. I simply adore..... Tolkien.

November 21, 2013 9:22 pm  #20

Of course. And you are writing a thesis on dragon imagery in The Hobbit. 

Board footera