BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2014 11:27 pm  #141

Re: The "Good News" thread

Yeah, kind of  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 26, 2014 11:28 pm  #142

Sounds fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 27, 2014 1:49 am  #143

Davina!  Your horse!  OMG!  She is spectacular!  She looks like she could fly.  Grand Prix material for sure. 

One of my best memories was attending the Washington International Horse Show (indoor arena) and watching the President's Cup show jumping event.  The height of those jumps and the small area to do it in was one of those most exciting things I've ever seen up close.  And when they went for time in the jump off at the end I couldn't breath it was so exciting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 27, 2014 5:49 am  #144

I'm crossing my fingers for you Kitty
I went to London last month and i fell in love with this town...I hope you will have a wonderful trip Stoertbeker
My good news is my mother had a knee surgery last week and she's recovering very fast despite her age (she's 79)...I hope she will be able to hike like she used to

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

January 27, 2014 7:21 am  #145

Fingers firmly crossed for you Kitty!
London is a wonderful city stoertebeker. Make the most of your visit ( I am sure you will).
Thank you KP. She is amazing. Not always the easiest ride but very talented. Show jumping is such an rollercoaster sport (often literally up or down). Jump offs are soooooo exciting! The show the other day was inside too (they always are this time of the year here), so not nearly as much space as outside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 27, 2014 7:38 am  #146

"...London. I need to get to know the place again, breathe it in – feel every quiver of its beating heart."
That's all I can say, stoertebeker. Your first time there?
I travel to London since 1992. Every year or second. I love it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 27, 2014 2:14 pm  #147

Titania...Davina...you guys! *hugs*

I went to the interview...I think it went well and they're friendly enough. But it turns out that the pay is kinda rubbish. I don't mean to sound picky but I have to think about what expenses I'll have when I move out (rent and so on). And I don't think my wage at that job would cover them, to be honest.

It's my own fault really. I applied even though the advert didn't state the wage. If I'd known then I wouldn't have bothered. Ah, well.

Still, plenty more fish in the sea. I've applied for lots more and one of them is bound to work out 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 27, 2014 3:18 pm  #148

Probably the best decision you could make, even if it is hard... Wish you better luck next time! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 27, 2014 3:43 pm  #149

stoertebeker wrote:

Good luck Kitty!!

And here my good news of the day: I just booked my London holiday! I will visit London from the 24th till 30th of April! I am so excited! I've already warned my BF that we'll have to visit a lot of shooting scenes from Sherlock  .

You'll have a great time! I think I am away that week, otherwise I would be very happy to show you around Bart's and the area surrounding it; I live nearby.

I'm biased, of course, because I love London, but I think you will understand the way Sherlock thinks of it once you've experienced it for yourself. Just be careful if you want to explore the Thames foreshore where Benedict famously wore a pair of £700 shoes to wander around in the mud; the tide goes in and out and it would be a good idea not to make your visit when the tide is in 

January 27, 2014 6:51 pm  #150

gently69 wrote:

"...London. I need to get to know the place again, breathe it in – feel every quiver of its beating heart."
That's all I can say, stoertebeker. Your first time there?
I travel to London since 1992. Every year or second. I love it!

No, not my first time in London, but the last time I was there is about 20 years ago  . I was still in school back then and it was a group tour with little leisure time. I am really looking forward to the trip. I'll probably post one or two questions for some advice in the next few weeks  .

@Kitty: Good luck for your further interviews. I am sure your patience will be rewarded soon  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 27, 2014 9:42 pm  #151

Hubby just gave me my birthday present early.
He only went and bought me the Collectors edition of the 3 Sherlock series.
The notebook is beautiful and the signed script so precious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 28, 2014 10:49 am  #152

What a lovely pressie! What a lovely hubby!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 28, 2014 11:13 am  #153

Just ordered the Collectors edition. Oh yes, I MUST be mad!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 28, 2014 8:28 pm  #154

Where can I order the collectors edition? Haven't found it on amazon.uk.

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 28, 2014 8:30 pm  #155

My good news is it's snowing in Atlanta, Georgia, my office closed at noon and I'm about to settle down with my hubby in our jammies and watch crap telly.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 3, 2014 7:11 pm  #156

Got two more interviews on Wednesday ^^

February 3, 2014 7:14 pm  #157

stoertebeker wrote:

Where can I order the collectors edition? Haven't found it on amazon.uk.

Sorry for being late. You can order it at the BBC shop.

(Tony Hadley)

February 5, 2014 5:32 pm  #158

I have recently visited a small exhibition with contemporary art (which I usually don't like very much) but this one was quite good. It is called "Die Liebe zu den Dingen" The love towards things.
There were some funny exhibition pieces, for example you were allowed to put your head and an arm in a functioning fridge. There was a spinning Christmas tree in a white room. There was a VW Beetle upside down without interieur and without the floor. The car had pink windows and lilac  cushions in it and was fixed with tightropes. The visitor could get inside and swing it while watching a video tape with the Paris Eiffel tower.

Everything was slightly off but funny and an interesting experience.
I always wanted to put my head in a fridge.  A way to "Keep a Cool Head". That was the title of the piece, btw.

http://www.muenster.de/stadt/kunsthalle/ausstellungen-aktuell.html

February 6, 2014 2:20 pm  #159

That sounds great!

February 12, 2014 10:34 am  #160

I just danced around my flat all happy!

I got a letter from McDonalds today and I was baffled... I couldn't figure out why they would write to me. Turns out I had won 2 tickets to a movie of my choice! And yes, I forgot all about entering *blush*.

I have been broke in forever and I have no been able to do anything fun; I didn't even get to go see The Hobbit... but now nothing can stop me! I've invited my friend to go see 'August, Osage County' with me! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera