BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2015 10:00 am  #701

Re: The "Good News" thread

Gosh, I'm excited for you, Lily! Have a great time in London! And with the bride!! 

I'm excited about seeing it at the cinema too! I can't believe it's finally here! It felt like yesterday it was aaaaaages away! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 29, 2015 11:38 am  #702

I have regularly been attending two health clinics.
Just got signed off one of them(for my prolapse) today, yippee!
I'm also hoping to get signed off from the liver clinic, the next time I visit there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 29, 2015 12:22 pm  #703

Great news, Besley! Happy to hear you're doing better! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 29, 2015 1:15 pm  #704

That's some nice news, Besley! Fingers crossed you do get get signed off the other clinic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 2, 2016 11:52 pm  #705

I went eating at Angelo's the other day (sorry, I meant Tapas Brindisa).
It was perfect (I was not thinking clearly and remembered to take a picture too late. My friend suggested Google Maps...but that's not the same. Oh, well, I'll just have to go back next time).

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 2, 2016 11:55 pm  #706

Sounds lovely! Hope you're making your best of your London trip! I so wish I could go back soon! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 3, 2016 10:09 am  #707

Oh fantastic, Lily.
Didn't know you were fortunate enough to be in London right now.
I'd never even thought of finding Angelo's.
But I love tapas!
Where is the place?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2016 8:11 am  #708

I am so tired and will probably fall asleep in the office today.
But since this is the good news thread, let me tell you why. Two words: David Tennant. 

Good Heavens! Last thursday gently and I finally went to London and on friday and saturday we saw him live on stage at the Barbican, in and as "Richard II", once on friday and twice on saturday. What can I say, it was absolutely wonderful and soooo interesting to see a play that you've seen before on DVD. They did some small changes, the cast was a little different... and it was so good. We had great seats on friday and saturday evening, third row... everyone who has seen "Hamlet" last year knows what I'm talking about. Our seats for the matinee on saturday were great, too... Gallery, last row, for ten pounds, as far back and up as you can get. The view down onto the stage was amazing, I have to say... it was fascinating to get such a completely different perspective. 

And David did the stage door. And he was endlessly charming and all smiles and talked to everyone who asked him a question and did not once say 'no' when someone asked for a pic. What a gentleman...!
On thursday when we didn't see the play we were in the first row. gently asked him for pics and he said yes, of course. Our pics turned out pretty blurry - but you can see the man and us and really, who cares. We managed to take some pretty nice pictures of him on saturday after the evening performance - and wow, I even had a short conversation with him...! 
And we got autographs, although getting one for gently was pretty... tricky. Twice it didn't work out, so on saturday evening I basically ambushed him while standing third row... thank god I'm pretty tall and there were two quite small ladies standing in front of me. But I behaved, believe me. Didn't squish anyone (we almost got squished on thursday though, wow, some ladies can really get quite determined...!).

So now I'm deaded and I wish I had taken today off. I won't be able to get anything done at work anyway...

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 11, 2016 8:15 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 11, 2016 9:38 am  #709

What else can I add??? Yeah, everything was absolutely amazing!!! The play and Mr. Tennant himself.
The production was totally different to Hamlet, everything was smaller and the stage design was simple. But I really, really enjoyed it. David showed everything, from the arrogant sovereign, you are not able to like, to the passionate and in the end broken man, you just have to feel for.
Like Hamlet with Benedict I would love to see Richard II with David over and over again.

And David's contact at the stage door to his fans was adorable. He really tried to fulfil any wish, if possible of course.
I have to say until the last weekend I only "liked" David, but now I "love" him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 11, 2016 2:30 pm  #710

That sounds like a great experience, you two! I'm sure I'd be feeling the same way if I had just gone through that.  Solar, I hope that you make it through the day and get a good sleep tonight!

Clueing for looks.

January 11, 2016 2:41 pm  #711

Amazing, I'm happy to hear you had such a good time! David Tennant is amazing, and he seems to be an awesome guy too!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 11, 2016 4:58 pm  #712

Fantastic girls, glad it all turned out so well for you.
My own news is:
1. My dvd is here!
2. We have our next London trip booked, for April.

January 11, 2016 6:32 pm  #713

Yay Besley! Enjoy it, both of it!

I'm still waiting for the DVD... but on the plus side it's actually fun to go empty the mailbox now... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 11, 2016 8:20 pm  #714

besleybean wrote:

Oh fantastic, Lily.
Didn't know you were fortunate enough to be in London right now.
I'd never even thought of finding Angelo's.
But I love tapas!
Where is the place?

Fortunate to go and be there, less fortunate to leave -on the 2nd, school term starting back on the 4th.

The place is in the heart of Soho. If you see where Liberty is? You get all the way down Carnaby St (where Liberty is) and continue onto 46 Broadwick St.
Hope that helps?

Also...I haven't received STAB yet. There must have been something terribly, terribly wrong. Like order not processed or something. I'll just have to order it again then, I suppose. Hopefully it'll be there by Wednesday.

January 11, 2016 8:22 pm  #715

Thank you and hope your dvd turns up!

January 11, 2016 8:24 pm  #716

Gently, Solar, that sounds like a wonderful experience! Now I wish I'd seen him as well
I'm glad you had such an amazing time -and thrice in a row? For real? My, my, you haven't been idle!
Lucky you !

January 11, 2016 8:50 pm  #717

Lilythiell wrote:

and thrice in a row? For real? My, my, you haven't been idle!

Yes, well, what can we say...? We thought that if we travel to London especially for him, then we should make the most of it. And the tickets for the matinee were only 10 pounds, so we just couldn't resist.
Here is one of the pics gently took, by the way:

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 11, 2016 8:53 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 11, 2016 8:56 pm  #718

What a handsome man he is!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 11, 2016 8:58 pm  #719

Just a lovely guy altogether.

January 11, 2016 8:59 pm  #720

Very happy for you indeed! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera