BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 14, 2015 3:36 pm  #681

Re: The "Good News" thread

You are scary, Lily!  Glad you are back!!! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 14, 2015 3:39 pm  #682

Welcome back to the dark side, Lily! I know those phases and ups and downs well. I have been there too... and maybe sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming when we get showered with lots of new things recently? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2015 5:03 pm  #683

Yep, another one who's had moments of doubt...
Though to be honest, it's sometimes the more negative aspects of the fandom that have put me off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 14, 2015 5:16 pm  #684

Most fandoms have that I guess, and there will always be jealousy... I try to limit my platforms... I'm basically here, and then I follow Sherlocked.dk on facebook and some Ben pages... 

Oh, and I have some good news too! My Boyfriend has returned!! After 2 weeks he's back! Last night I had a bit of a panic attack wondering if he'd even want to return for me. Stupid. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 14, 2015 5:21 pm  #685

Likewise.
This is really my only forum now, though I follow quite a few Sherlockian Twitter accounts and a few on facebook.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 14, 2015 5:25 pm  #686

Lily, Phantom, besley, I think you are all brave to admit it. And to be honest: count me in from time to time. But this forum keeps me on the straight and narrow.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 14, 2015 5:35 pm  #687

The forum constantly tries to lead me astray! 
Tee Hee. 

December 14, 2015 7:20 pm  #688

Phantom, dear, that's good news indeed
Yes, that was scary. But I've come back -and to be quite honest, it is really, really dull and gloomy out there without Sherlock to help me through the day.
And you, guys. There must be a reason that forum's the only one I am part of.
Of course, I follow quite a number of Tumblr accounts, but I don't feel involved in that, and certainly not as much as with this forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 15, 2015 8:31 pm  #689

Good to hear about that, Phantom! I hope you have some nice times together in the near future!

I agree, Lily, I look at stuff on Tumblr, too, but I tend not to engage so much as just reblog nice pictures and stuff.  This forum, here, is where I do the discussing.  It's better with a smaller group of people you can get to know, if you ask me.

Clueing for looks.

December 21, 2015 6:10 pm  #690

Girls, I am just bursting with happiness and just couldn't wait to get here to tell you all about it.
I have just enjoyed the loveliest day at work.
First thing in the morning, we were all summoned to a whole school assembly.
All support staff(like me) had a named chair at the front of a the hall.
In turn, each class rep came forward and presented one of us with a card, certificate and star(to hang on the school tree).
Each pupil was dressed to resemble their member of staff:  my boy was dressed as Sherlock, complete with deerstalker, pipe and magnifying glass!

December 21, 2015 6:52 pm  #691

That sounds nice, bb.
Not too subtle about your fix then?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 21, 2015 7:04 pm  #692

I have 2 Sherlock mugs in the staff room, my locker is covered in Sherlock stickers and I wear Sherlock: badge, band and necklace. Plus I talk about Sherlock quite a bit!

December 21, 2015 7:58 pm  #693

Awh how lovely is that, besley!! 

My good news is that it's Winter Solstice today, and that means from tomorrow the days start getting longer! 
Some of my friends celebrate it usually; they believe in the old northern Gods and are practicing pagans. They have rites and make offerings to the gods and stuff. I've never taken part in that but I'd like to see it one day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2015 10:45 pm  #694

That sounds nice, Phantom, I hope they have a good night.

Besley, that sounds like a lovely surprise from the student!

Clueing for looks.

December 28, 2015 12:04 pm  #695

That sounds really nice, Phantom! I'm sure you'll get to take part in one, one of these days!
Besley that was pretty awesome, very worthy to be in "the Good News" thread!

As for me, well, it's really not much, but I got Cluedo (Sherlock edition, obviously), for Christmas and something to decorate cakes. I know I will be having fun! I love cake decorating (well, and cakes, when I'm in the mood).

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 28, 2015 12:12 pm  #696

Can I come over for tea? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 28, 2015 12:44 pm  #697

Lol yes, of course
And, as you know, I've quite a nice collection of teas (Sherlock themed and "classic") -so even if you meant "tea" as "dinner", it works all the same, because at mine it's always tea time

December 29, 2015 12:01 am  #698

That cake looks lovely!! And great that you got Cluedo, I so want to try that game! 

There were no Sherlockian stuff or any geeky stuff in my presents this year... I got food, and I asked for food. I also got a mini pan so I don't need to bother with my huge pan when cooking one egg... I had seen one in a commercial and in a passing comment to my mum a few days before Christmas I mentioned that I should wish for one for my Birthday. I was a bit surprised to find one under the tree already! 

But... the special DVD is coming! I ordered it for myself back in August I think! I thought about asking my family to give me some cash and give it to me as a Birthday present in Feb. I need all the money I can find... but... well. Let's face it. I can't possibly wait that long!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 29, 2015 2:49 am  #699

Haha, how I understand the "being unable to wait' thing...!
I'm glad to hear you've got what you asked for Christmas presents-wise -and a little surprise with it as well

December 29, 2015 9:44 am  #700

My heart is beating really fast. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for London.
And will watch Sherlock The Abominable Bride.
I know I've said that already, but, really, as the day comes closer and closer, I get really, really excited.

(Huh. That was quite a lot of 'really's for a single sentence. Apologies.)

Board footera