BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 3, 2015 2:58 pm  #661

Re: The "Good News" thread

Yumm, those look delicious!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 3, 2015 3:16 pm  #662

Aw, they look very tasty, Lily. Well done!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

December 3, 2015 3:56 pm  #663

Those look like they would have been fun to make.  I hope you enjoy eating them just as much, they look good.

Clueing for looks.

December 3, 2015 4:39 pm  #664

Oh yum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 3, 2015 5:59 pm  #665

Wow - you may invite me any time!    Lovely, Lily! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 3, 2015 6:21 pm  #666

Lovely, Lily, you can come over anytime and bake some for me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 3, 2015 8:24 pm  #667

Thank you ladies! I'm sure I can do better, though. And I will
Promise

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 10, 2015 7:49 pm  #668

I am both giggling and crying right now... but I'll say it's a 'good news' thing. 

I was watching the advent calendar show on TV, and they're celebrating 25 years of those shows by after the episode showing a music video from one of the years... 

The one today was from when I was 3 years old. I don't remember the show at all... but I remembered the song and video! 

When I was a little girl I had 3 Christmas VHS tapes... Rudolph, Frosty and one was a collection of different music videos and short clips... this music video was one of them. 

I haven't watched that tape since I was 10, if not younger... but I know the words! I even remembered the entire video, how they danced with shoes on their hands and wound yarn around one of the guys hands... 

I would watch those tapes so many times, especially when I was sad or mum lost it and I was alone... even if I was a very careful little girl and tried not to break her rules I'd try to sneak them out before November 15th when I was allowed to start watch them. 

I have replaced Frosty and Rudolph on DVD's (though I got a bit sad when I realized they had made new Danish voices for Rudolph since then). 

My mind is starting to remember some of the other videos on the tape with the music videos and little cartoons... awh. 

... I feel a bit old right now. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (December 10, 2015 7:50 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2015 8:10 am  #669

That was a wonderful story, Phantom.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 11, 2015 1:02 pm  #670

I have turned into a magical being today. I was Groke.

Groke /Marran / Morko / Hufsa was a character featured in children´s book-series of an illustrator Tove Jansson. She was a lonely mysterious ogre who wanted to experience friendship and warmth, so she was quite attracted to fire and flames. But the moment she moved closer to the actual blazing hearth, it froze immediately and left her standing on pure ice. Even grass and trees wilted out when she approached them, leaving her in a berren wasteland. Therefore, no one actually wanted to associate with her.

Today, I posted some things on the forum and suddenly the conversations died for hours and all life was literally sucked out from all threads. Which is a very Groke-like ability, if you think about it.

Some people would be disappointed, but I´m sure I can use this devilish ability to suck life out of forums in some ingenuos way in the future. It sure can come in handy one day! Wow!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 11, 2015 1:05 pm  #671

I feel that way sometimes too 
Which conversations were the ones you killed? I hadn't noticed...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2015 1:09 pm  #672

ukaunz wrote:

I feel that way sometimes too
Which conversations were the ones you killed? I hadn't noticed...

Every single one?

(It was just a joke, of course. I guess, people have other business that short before Christmas, both at work and in private, than chatting here. But I can´t help it and I feel "the Groke effect" sometimes.)

December 11, 2015 1:10 pm  #673

Oh, I get that feeling IRL though. I'm not so good at keeping conversations going.

But yes, it does seem a little quiet in here...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2015 1:12 pm  #674

ukaunz wrote:

Oh, I get that feeling IRL though. I'm not so good at keeping conversations going.

But yes, it does seem a little quiet in here...

I think it would be better during Christmas when the preparations are over and all gifts bought and hidden safely.

December 11, 2015 1:18 pm  #675

And I think, every person probably experiences plenty of "Groke moments" in real life... I bet that´s why Tove Jansson created the character. To give face to such feelings.

December 11, 2015 1:21 pm  #676

True. I should read more Jansson. I couldn't get my kids interested in Moomins, and my library doesn't have very many of those books anyway. But I did read a good novel of hers called The Summer Book. It was beautiful.

December 11, 2015 1:28 pm  #677

Moomins are so lovely! Too bad your kids aren´t interested in them... but on the other hand, it is possible that they discover them later and would appreciate them more.

December 11, 2015 9:52 pm  #678

I LOVE Moomins. I grew up watching the cartoon series. I have memories  of waking up early on Sundays to watch it! But I got terrified by that character. I didn't get to finish the episode where it appeared first time and all I got was the tale of how stuff withered around it. Brrr. But it's a beautiful tale!

I have searched for somewhere to watch the show again. I can only find the one with dolls though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 11, 2015 10:04 pm  #679

I love the books too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 14, 2015 2:35 pm  #680

Gave myself a bit of a scare over the weekend.
I had lost interest. In Sherlock. How can that be?? Well, been distracted by the Potter fandom (courtesy of friend), but that alone could not explain why I had suddenly lost any kind of interest in Sherlock.
But now it's back, and I couldn't be happier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

Board footera