BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 13, 2015 3:36 pm  #601

Re: The "Good News" thread

I'm glad you found something that works for you!

Clueing for looks.

September 20, 2015 8:54 am  #602

Sometimes a forthcoming event seems so far away, you are looking forward to it, with anticipation but also a bit of fear. And suddenly the big day is there and all too fast over. Do you know this feeling.

Well, to cut a long story short: I am a married woman now   !
We had a wonderful wedding last friday, the weather was perfect and so was the party  . Now I only need to get used to my new name  .

Last edited by stoertebeker (September 20, 2015 8:55 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 20, 2015 9:06 am  #603

That's truly wonderful news, stoertebeker, big, big congrats to you and your HUSBAND! 
I hope you will always remember this special day in all love and happiness.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 20, 2015 11:50 am  #604

A big congratulations from me on your wedding and marriage! All good wishes for your future together!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 20, 2015 4:09 pm  #605

All the best for your married years!

Clueing for looks.

September 20, 2015 8:36 pm  #606

Thank you very much @all 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 21, 2015 4:23 am  #607

Congratulations to you and your husband.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 21, 2015 8:06 pm  #608

Thank you, Schmiezi 

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 25, 2015 6:38 pm  #609

Congratulations! I am off to a wedding tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 25, 2015 9:08 pm  #610

Thank you, Davina. Have a good time! 

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 28, 2015 7:26 pm  #611

The wedding was actually ok. Although some parts were a little...bizarre. More good news. The website for my horse stuff plus my tribal-inspired jewellery etc. should be live this weekend coming! Eek!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 28, 2015 9:06 pm  #612

For Japanese people, nothing is so beautiful during spring or autumn than "oborozukiyo", the night of a misty moon.
When I was strolling home tonight, I was struck by the perfect example of the occurence - the clouds were thin and transparent like a light veil and the full moon was all visible through them. The effect was striking, nostalgic, magical, as if it was not fully real...

And while I was admiring the hazy moon, I hit upon John Watson.... uhm, hedgehog, curled up into a perfect little ball right in the middle of the road. Afraid that he might be run over by the car, I made a soft "ts-ts-ts" sounds at him and he decided to give it up, to stop pretending that he is a tuft of yellow grass - he unrolled and proudly strolled next to me, parading into a lawn nearby like a true diva. Peculiar little chap!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 28, 2015 9:31 pm  #613

Congrats on the website Davina! 

And Nakahara that sounds like a truly beautiful day! 
I love hedgehogs! I met one last autumn and it did the very same... a very diva-like walk. Bless the little one! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (September 28, 2015 9:31 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 28, 2015 9:44 pm  #614

That's such a nice story, nakahara! The moon looking beautiful and the cute hedgehog.

Clueing for looks.

October 9, 2015 10:27 pm  #615

I don't have much money left at all, I'm basically living off of cheap garlic bread and pasta with ketchup and my friend has asked me if I wanted to hang out with her a few times... it's been a 2 months since we last saw each other! And I keep having to say no because I can't afford it... The money I do have I've saved for this weekend I'm spending with her, Monday going to hold her hand as she gets tattooed in Copenhagen (gah, train fare is expensive!!) and Halloween at her place too...

Well she got a little tired of me continuing to having to say no to invitations from her... so she is going to take me out on next Friday to see Crimson Peak in my town, she's even going to give me dinner! She says it's because I refused to celebrate my Birthday (long story... nevermind) 

Yay! 

And I just had a flashback from my London trip... while I did remember and had been a little amused that some young woman who wanted to ask me if I could get a signal on my phone started out with "You live here, right?" ... well I just remembered that this happened not too far from the Sherlock Holmes museum on Baker Street. 

Why didn't I say yes???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 28, 2015 11:21 am  #616

I'm in the queue for The Cursed Child (Harry Potter play, written by J.K.Rowling, Jack Thorne and Jack Tiffany)
Of course, I've more than an hour to wait, but...I'm in the queue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 28, 2015 1:16 pm  #617

Enjoy it Lily!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 28, 2015 2:36 pm  #618

That's really cool, Lily! Good luck!

Clueing for looks.

October 28, 2015 2:39 pm  #619

For Christ's sake...all sold out...Well. Hum.
That's what you get for being fifteen minutes late

Still, I do not lose hope, there is still the General Sale. I'll try my luck then !

Edit:
I've just realised I hadn't shared that piece of news : I have tickets for The Cursed Child -in April 2017, but still, I've got tickets

Last edited by Lilythiell (November 11, 2015 8:14 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 3, 2015 5:27 am  #620

There will be a new Star Trek show. Somehow, I am pretty much the only one around here who got excited about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera