BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2015 9:06 pm  #561

Re: The "Good News" thread

I hope you will have a wonderful evening. I know the film which is brilliant. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 12, 2015 5:34 pm  #562

It was wonderful! He is such a talented actor. A great day, despite there being an all-out underground strike in London.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2015 2:51 pm  #563

My boyfriend came back a day early from his 3 week vacation without any contact! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (July 21, 2015 2:51 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 1, 2015 2:26 pm  #564

This isn't anything huge, but I am quite happy because yesterday I fulfilled my dream of owning a leather jacket.  I had wanted one for years, but I could never find one that I liked the design of and fit right, but yesterday I was at the mall with my mom and I spotted one that I liked.  It's two-tone (if that term can apply to things other than shoes), an olive-ish green and black, and it was 70% off, a very good price.  It's not actual leather, but I don't care.  It makes me feel cool.

Clueing for looks.

August 1, 2015 6:37 pm  #565

Congrats! I'm still looking for my leather jacket... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 1, 2015 9:52 pm  #566

Thanks.  Do you mean you can't find it, in that you lost yours or that you have wanted one and can't find one?

Clueing for looks.

August 2, 2015 8:40 am  #567

Sorry, I meant that I have never been able to find one I like... I suppose I am picky and my body type limits my choices too. Then there's finances... 

It was a HUGE problem for me as a young punk chick in school that I didn't have one. Now I just want one because let's face it, they look nice! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 2, 2015 2:52 pm  #568

I thought that's what you meant, just wasn't sure.  I'm sure you'll find one eventually.  Funnily enough, the one I got is made by a Danish company.

Clueing for looks.

August 16, 2015 9:21 am  #569

I know Facebook isn't always honest and people do put up the pretty facade there often... 

But I am 'stalking' a school time friend, well he often pops up in my newsfeed... 

In school he didn't have many friends, he was always very uncertain on himself but always nice, he was one of the only people who never bullied me and I was always worried for him. 

And I always hoped he would get a good life in the end. And it seems he did! He has the cutest boyfriend, he smiles so much in all their pictures, he got the education of his dreams, even graduated with a gold medal and recieved a large fund of the Danish queen, started his own company that seems to be doing really well. 

Sometimes good things do happen to good people! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 16, 2015 2:18 pm  #570

That's wonderful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 16, 2015 3:14 pm  #571

That's a nice story!

Clueing for looks.

August 17, 2015 4:51 pm  #572

Aw, that's sweet!

Yaaay!  So my mom and I have a neat thing where we don't buy much in the way of christmas gifts - we find a cool concert or show to treat to.  Like last year was the "Elf" play, year before was Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  I was browsing the usual venues to get a look ahead, and some neat big headliners but nothing grabbing, until I see... the curiously intriguing 'Toruk: First Flight'.  Read further and... oh my gosh, it's a Cirque du Soleil thing.  In the world of Pandora (the movie 'Avatar') no less!  I've never gotten to go to a Cirque show!  Lucky mom has, and just know from clips they're amazing... I figured had plenty of time, it's not til May, but she got excited and told me to immediately get it, and oy, what do you know it's half sold out already (I should know better, hearing about what happens with popular shows like that and a certain Hamlet...  ), so we quickly grab some of the "good" seats and are going!     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 17, 2015 5:25 pm  #573

OH that sounds awesome Russell!  I LOVE all the Cirque shows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 17, 2015 5:27 pm  #574

Awesome, have fun Russel!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 17, 2015 7:10 pm  #575

That sounds really cool, Russell! The closest thing I've ever come to seeing a Cirque du Soleil show was the opening ceremony for the Pan Am Games in July, because they created the show for that, and even that was great.

Clueing for looks.

August 18, 2015 5:37 pm  #576

Thanks guys!!   Man… like I said, I've only seen bits and pieces of them… they came near here once years ago and missed it, but this time… with an Avatar theme, no less… !!   Gonna be awesome.     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

August 20, 2015 12:49 am  #577

I just finished shopping for my Halloween costume!

Yes, I know... waaay too early! 

I'm going to go as an 'undead' drowned Ophelia zombie thing... ish... it's a costume I have wanted to put together for such a long time. 

It's basically a long white dress that is going to be dirtied, flowers for my hair, a bouqet to hold, and my friend is going to help me get a runny makeup and dead look. She's awesome at doing special effects with makeup like that... and somehow make my hair all messy and if possible wet looking. 

Only danger... the usual question "who are you supposed to be?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 20, 2015 7:43 pm  #578

Passed all my exams for this semester at uni and the grades are not that bad :-)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

August 20, 2015 9:56 pm  #579

*thumbs up*   

August 20, 2015 10:06 pm  #580

Phantom:

When Halloween comes, I think it's mandatory that we get to see a pic of you in that dress!

Korm:

Yay, congrats! That is a great feeling - pat yourself on the back and be proud! 

I have a yay moment myself. Today, I had the first day of my very own puppy course! I was one of those "odd one out" at school. Always bullied because I didn't fit in. Always prefering to spend time walking dogs instead of walking babies in a stroller (the latter was a usuaul way to earn a bit of pocket money when I was a kid). At high school, I was so nervous I bailed out of half of our "talk in front of class" projects because the very idea made me terrified.

And now? I work as a main instructor with my very own puppy course with the biggest dog club in the county. And it's all down to my own merits, nothing else. That makes me legitimately proud. 

Last edited by Vhanja (August 20, 2015 10:08 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera