BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2015 9:25 pm  #501

Re: The "Good News" thread

Good news, Phantom. Both about work and your boyfriend, I hope everything work out!

Got some good news myself. My favorite hobby is dog training. I took a one year course in clicker training last year. Last week I was asked if I wanted to be an assistant instructor on a basic level obedience course for dogs. This is my first time trying my hand at something like that, and I'm so happy to have been asked! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 6, 2015 9:56 pm  #502

Awesome!! You'll do great at that I'm sure! Go for it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2015 10:07 pm  #503

Thank you, I will! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

February 19, 2015 3:31 pm  #504

I´ve booked flight and hotel for Hamlet in August.. *does happy dance*

I´ll only be there for a weekend, but hopefully there´ll still be some time to see something of beautiful London as well..

February 19, 2015 3:37 pm  #505

Ooooh, a lucky woman!

Wish you a good trip and a wonderful theatre experience!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 19, 2015 3:39 pm  #506

Awesome news! Hope you have a great time!

I can't wait to get my last paycheck and book my flight and hotel! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 19, 2015 3:54 pm  #507

Thank you! I´m already giddy with anticipation.. 

Too bad we´re not there on the same day, Phantom.. do you plan to stay longer or just one night, too?

February 19, 2015 3:57 pm  #508

I'm thinking about staying for a few days... I'd like a sightseeing day and a Sherlock day you know... seeing Baker Street and all the other stuff! 

I've not really been on a trip like that in a while (other than the mini cruise to Oslo...) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 19, 2015 4:07 pm  #509

Awesome! That´s what I wanted, too, but we don´t know yet if hubby can get holiday in August, as he´ll start a new job in early summer.. so to make sure I don´t end up bringing the kids I chose the safe side..^^

February 19, 2015 4:11 pm  #510

Awh!

I don't have those responsibilities... so it was pretty easy for me... 

Aaaaargh is it August yet??? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 19, 2015 10:09 pm  #511

I just want to say that my guy is the best thing in the world...

We had a bit of a bad day today... last night a bad man in my life had dragged me under. I was strictly told not to tell my guy about it and that I had to 'learn to keep secrets'... my 'relationship' with my guy is based on trust!!

My guy was obviously hurt... and furious. At the man. He ended up making me give him the mans email and created a new account to email him from... he also gave me access to the email so I could follow the drama. 

I sobbed as I read this line... and I don't know how much to put into it... we're still working on getting to a point where we can be more than "so much more than friends"

"What is so wrong about me asking you, leave her alone. Her and me are together now and this is all over"

My heart just went into overdrive...

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 19, 2015 10:09 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 19, 2015 10:43 pm  #512

Aw, sounds like you have a lovely boyfriend!

Also, I visited Baker Street August this year. I can't even begin to explain all the feelings I get when watching John talk about it being "close to the Jubilee line", when I've actually taken the tube to Baker Street and know how close the tube station is to 221B!

*sigh* I miss London.

Oh, and to keep up with the topic and share good news - not only am I an assistant instructor for one dog course, I've been asked to fill in twice this week since the regular assistant instructor has been sick. So I've helped out at a puppy dog course, a regular basic obedience dog course and the Bronze Medal Obedience class where I am a regular.

Not only do I get asked to do the one thing that I dream of doing, I get payed for it! Not much, granted, but still!

Team Hudders!

February 19, 2015 10:54 pm  #513

That is amazing! I am so happy you get to live your dream! It's amazing to get to follow your passion!

And so happy for you that you got to see Baker Street, I keep staring at the ticker in my signature and sigh... 5 months, 2 weeks and 4 days is toooooo long!

He's not my boyfriend, yet... but yeah, he's the best part of my life. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 19, 2015 11:04 pm  #514

Oh, sorry, thought you guys were an item. Hope you will be, then.

You will get a thrill out of visiting Baker Street! I didn't go to the museum, though. The queue was insane, and I was shocked to see it. I thought that since BBC Sherlock was a year or two away, the queue would have died down a bit. It certainly hadn't. I visited the store, though, and bought myself a "I am Sherlocked" mug.

Since I spent that vacation queuing up on King's Cross Station to take a pic of me going through the walls of station 9-and-3-quarters, I will certainly queue up for the Sherlock Holmes Museum next time we visit London!

Team Hudders!

February 19, 2015 11:26 pm  #515

Yeah, I'm planning on having an entire 'Sherlock' day there... *giggles* guess I'm smitten!

I suspect the queue is going to be a nightmare at the museum... but I'll have to! With my economy and bad luck I don't know when I get to travel to London again...

My guy and I are working hard on becoming an item... I love him a bit too much, and he cares deeply but he's got a lot of issues to sort out. I haven't even seen him in the flesh yet, but I've decided he's the last guy I'm going to trust with my heart.

I've never met a man with a heart like his... before I met him I was honestly regretting not being a full-blown lesbian. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 19, 2015 11:30 pm  #516

Oooh, you guys should meet up!

Team Hudders!

February 19, 2015 11:33 pm  #517

That's the plan as soon as he's ready... Like he says, when we meet he wants the 'full package' and no, he doesn't mean it in a naughty way!

Who knows how long it could take for him to heal... but he's trying and I'm trying to help him. He's worth it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 7, 2015 10:44 pm  #518

I just realized now that a few days ago my guy actually told me he loved me...

He's a damaged man and it's pained him that he isn't ready for the big L word after all the stuff he's been through... I accept it, hell I'm willing to wait a hundred years for that amazing man! 

He also informed me that when he is to say it, he want to say it to my face...

I just replayed our conversation (benefit of 'perfect' visual memory!) and the man said "I never thought I would love someone again"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2015 3:32 am  #519

I just booked my London trip in August!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2015 10:11 am  #520

I'm so envious, I would love to go back to London! Lucky you 

I don't know if this counts as good news. Just last week, I was talking to my husband about an old (American) flat-mate/friend we had when hubby and I met in London in 1999. I can't even remember why his name came up in conversation. We haven't seen him or communicated with him for the past 16 years. Then tonight, we spotted the guy on the news. He's become a professor of political science and discusses presidential elections etc. on CNN. Weird coincidence eh? Anyway, I found his email address and dropped him a line. It will be good to hear from him if he writes back 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera