BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 7, 2014 12:15 pm  #301

Re: The "Good News" thread

Found a funny website der-postillon.com (and a very much sarcastic and totally invented article) and got some insight ():

Lego announced to stop selling completely because children can build all possible things
At first only “Wabbas palace” was affected after the Turkish community saw similarities to a mosque. The decision to stop sellings on all scales came when the toy maker found out that all kinds of discriminating objects can be built.
A spokesperson of Lego justified this drastic step: We were disgusted when we found out what can be build with Lego with a bit of fantasy. Because of the endless possibilities to combine them  children can build concentration camps, set rape in scene or build churches, mosques and synagogues and destroy them afterwards. …..
From 2014 on there will be only unique pieces of Lego sets which are not compatible with others. This step is not premature. Only today hundreds of thousands of people were on the streets in southeast Asian countries to demonstrate because they saw in Jabba an obvious caricature of Buddha.

Last edited by Be (May 7, 2014 12:16 pm)

May 7, 2014 4:06 pm  #302

Today I enjoyed the best text exchange with my daughter to date...she was sitting at the health centre, waiting for her appointment:
Daughter: Mum, there's a man in the waiting room, who is the image of Andrew Scott.
Me:  Grab him!
Daughter:  I'm very tempted!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 8, 2014 6:16 am  #303

Be wrote:

Found a funny website der-postillon.com (and a very much sarcastic and totally invented article) 

It's one of my favourite websites.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 8, 2014 4:25 pm  #304

Well, it's maybe not good news as in 'news', but yesterday we had a show with my school, and I both sung, played the guitar and acted. I played a boy in Grease, because we didn't have enough boys. It's really hard to act as a boy when it comes to singing and dancing. But apparently it went good, because my mum, who were in the audience during the show, thought I were a real boy...
I find that pretty fun

May 8, 2014 8:25 pm  #305

Work's going really well at the moment; the director told me he's hearing a lot of good things about me and they're happy 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

May 9, 2014 6:53 pm  #306

That's so awesome Batchlock!! Congrats on the show going so well!! And good to hear your job is going well, Kittykat.

Well, despite last nights unfair result I've had 10 amazingly fantastic days I am never going to forget or regret.

Working for the Irish delegation at the Eurovision has been such a journey... sure some of it was a bit stressful with cars not showing up, the group being constantly late (Irish Time)... but I've had the chance to experience so many things! It was the ultimate experience as a Eurovision fan girl... I got to see everything that went on behind the scenes, from backstage areas, screening rooms, the arena, the shows, the rehearsals, the stars... 

I've met people like Jedward (who I to my own surprise got really fangirly about), Conchita... and of course the beautiful Can-linn and Kasey Smith, their mentor and the entire crew behind it... AMAZING people! It has been a joy working for and with them. 

Last night some of us ended the night at a gay bar after we all went to the Irish pub and we had a ball dancing and singing to club versions of Eurovision songs in there... I've not danced in ages, but I've always loved it. No matter how stupid I look. 

The choreographer and I ended up dancing together to 'Marry Me' by Krista from last year... somehow I ended up 'performing it' and we were just laughing our heads off and he told me "You're a dark horse, Maja! A star in the making!!"

I know he was drunk, and a lovely person... but you know, I'm not used to compliments... and one of the best was the mentor introducing me to her husband and saying "And that's Maja, the best helper in the world"

I can feel how much more confident these 10 days have made me... it's crazy. I can do anything now. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (May 9, 2014 6:57 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 9, 2014 8:18 pm  #307

Oh, and Wednesday night I realized I had actually lost weight through all of this!

I was given 2 tickets to the Jury semi final and put on one of my black dresses that I always wear with a white belt under the chest to give it a bit of shape... I can usually barely close the belt. This time I had about 7cm left of the belt after closing it. 

Which is awesome!

But well, it's all caused by me barely eating and especially the past 10 days I have pretty much only had breakfast because I forgot about food completely. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 10, 2014 12:23 am  #308

I had an exam today for Fire Investigation, and it went really well!

I'm back on night shifts at work, and I've finally been trained to work on bar - I poured my first pint of beer tonight, lol!

And finally, I got tickets to see Benedict at Letters Live!!!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

May 10, 2014 7:26 am  #309

*Claps* Yay Rebecca that makes me so happy to hear! Congratulations with everything!! You take school so seriously and I commend you for that! and I remember how I liked pouring pints when I worked at the café! 

And the tickets to see Benedict. You so deserve them girl!! Congratulations again!! And have a great time! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 10, 2014 10:51 am  #310

It's great to hear that you had such a fantastic time with the Eurovision Phantom. Will you be able to watch the final live? It's a scheme about Ireland not getting through. I think they had a very good act. Can't believe Poland made it to the finals. It's such a silly song. lol

May 10, 2014 11:05 am  #311

I think the 'butter girl' was what helped Poland through... *cough*

I'm going to 'sneak in' to the final tonight, It's not as bad as it sounds because I've got accreditation for the area... I'm just only supposed to be there for work purposes and since my amazing Irish folk didn't make it through I don't really have any business there... 

But honestly, after all the hard work I've done... it only seems fair to go! And after that I'm going to the after party at Euroclub... I sort of have to since my last train home leaves at 00.36

Now I only hope my hives calmes down again, it's not going to be fun being all itchy stuck in the arena... and being all red and swollen either in my pretty dress. Gah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 10, 2014 2:20 pm  #312

I'm really glad you've enjoyed your Eurovision experience, Phantom
Have a lovely time this evening.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 10, 2014 5:05 pm  #313

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I think the 'butter girl' was what helped Poland through... *cough*

I'm going to 'sneak in' to the final tonight, It's not as bad as it sounds because I've got accreditation for the area... I'm just only supposed to be there for work purposes and since my amazing Irish folk didn't make it through I don't really have any business there... 

But honestly, after all the hard work I've done... it only seems fair to go! And after that I'm going to the after party at Euroclub... I sort of have to since my last train home leaves at 00.36

Now I only hope my hives calmes down again, it's not going to be fun being all itchy stuck in the arena... and being all red and swollen either in my pretty dress. Gah.

We don't have  no shame as a nation. That's official now. lol

Have a great time enjoying the final and the after party. :D You deffinitely deserve to be there after all the hard work you have put in for the Irish delegation.

May 10, 2014 7:24 pm  #314

Ooh, Rebecca, I missed your post earlier, sorry
Well done honey, and have a fab time at Letters..

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 13, 2014 3:22 pm  #315

I had a blast being there for the final and pretending to be 'just a fan'. 

I was rooting for Conchita big time and seeing her win brought me to tears as soon as she broke down! She's a lovely person and I feel like it was a victory for so many people that she won. 

I was there on my own holding a sign with the Irish flag (thought about getting one with the Austrian to support Conchita); and somehow I ended up next to a group of drunk young British guys, the usual 'hooligan' type that has always scared me. They saw my Irish flag and all gave me a hug and by the end of the night we were all holding on to each other belting out 'Rise Like a Phoenix' with Conchita after she won. 

So many people have been so supportive of Conchita and what she stands for and that has really touched me. I am a strong believer in equality!

My mother has always been a big homophobe and I have seen so much hate in her eyes when we've seen transvestites and transsexuals on the telly. The other day she totally unprovoked told me "The one who won the Eurovision, she is a beautiful woman". I could have cried.

I know my mother has tried to change her ways since she realized I really am bisexual. (actually I'm pan), but that really proves it for me.

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (May 13, 2014 3:23 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 14, 2014 10:19 am  #316

It sounds like you truly had an amazing time at Eurovision, Phantom! I had my own little Eurovision party in my front room - I was rooting for Malta (and UK obvs, but I knew we wouldn't win) as I have connections to the country! But as soon as I saw Austria perform, I ultimately had a soft spot, and it was such abeautoful performance. To see Conchita perform is as a winner, made it even better! It was utterly mesmorising! The message she brought just made everything 10x better!

My good news for this thread is about my exam I did the other day.
I had to take part in a mock fire investigation at a scene, and I had to "pretend" to be a fire investigator, and try to discover and nail down the cause of the fire. My teacher (who is an actual fire investigator) was there to answer any questions we had, he was basically playing the part of all the other emergency services.
In the end, my teacher told me that I got everything spot on, I asked all the right questions, even asked some that none of the other students had asked!
So you can imagine, I'm very pleased with that! I have two more exams to go - one tomorrow about legislation, courts and sentencing guidlines. Then next week, I have to take part in a mock court scenario, and I have to give evidence to an expert witness!

Scary stuff, but I'm almost done!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

May 14, 2014 10:46 am  #317

Phantom, I'm glad your Mother is trying to change her views.
Well done on the fire exam, Rebecca, and good luck with the others!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

May 14, 2014 11:45 am  #318

That's awesome about your exam Rebecca!! So proud of you!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 15, 2014 4:13 pm  #319

So I was checking my e-mail at work a few minutes ago, and I saw this coming in:

Tina B -- that's me. Whoohoo! Though I have no idea what I'm going to get a 50 EUR voucher for. The game is... something.

May 15, 2014 4:24 pm  #320

Woot TeeJay! That's fantastic! Congrats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera