BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2014 5:59 pm  #281

Re: The "Good News" thread

WOW Rebecca that's fantastic! I will wish you all the luck with that! That has got to mean that you're really talented in your field to be asked to do that!

I'm just all bubbly about my life right now. I can't believe all of this is actually happening! I've wanted this for 14 years now... every time I see anything about the Eurovision I just want to squeal like a fangirl. And it really, really kicks off tomorrow for me. I've been itching all day following the rehearsals online from my couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 29, 2014 10:11 am  #282

I feel so sexy in my uniform... Usually I'm never really confident and I hate shopping for clothes because it all looks stupid on me. But dang. This shirt looks good on me! It's almost like it was tailored to me! 

I never want to take it off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 29, 2014 10:15 am  #283

It's always great when you find something that you are happy in, and look good in!

Good luck for everything Eurovision, phantom! You'll smash it!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 29, 2014 11:29 am  #284

Aw thank you Rebecca! 

And the hospital I worked at, the childrens ward working with childhood obesity have just emailed me and offered me an internship!! Which might even give me some extra cash more than my benefits, as well as something to do! 

I hope they can respect that I can't start before the 12th of May though... with the Eurovision and everything!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 29, 2014 11:46 am  #285

I did it! Sort of. I'm halfway there. I got my original story out on Amazon & I'm blogging as well to boot. I'm finally doing what people do when they want to write (more specifically, self-publish). I won't plug it in here coz (1) it's against the rules of this forum & (2) I don't want to be identified But still very happy with my progress. I have a LONG way to go before my portfolio will look anything professional but am working on it.

April 29, 2014 11:53 am  #286

That's awesome Saturn!! Congrats!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 29, 2014 6:12 pm  #287

Great news Phantom. I'm sure that they will be able to wait for a little while. 12 of May is just around the corner and there will probably be a bit of admin they need to do on before you are able to start anyway.Hopefully that will be one step closer towards you landing in a pernament position of a medical secretary.

Congratulations for you Saturn. I hope your original story is going to do well on Amzon.

April 29, 2014 8:08 pm  #288

Well done Saturn I wish you every success.
Phantom that's absolutely brilliant - I'm so pleased for you

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 29, 2014 10:29 pm  #289

Thumbs up to all!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 30, 2014 9:53 am  #290

Thanks ladies! I'm so thrilled they weren't just joking when they begged me to come back last time I was an intern... I feel like a super secretary somehow! It's an amazing confidence boost! 

Also my first official Eurovision task went really well! We got them all to the hotel and they seem lovely to work with! It's going to be 12 AMAZING days I'm sure! I'm meeting them at their hotel again tonight. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 30, 2014 10:07 am  #291

As I've said before, your Eurovision job sounds so amazing and fun, and I'm super excited for you to be doing it!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 30, 2014 11:26 am  #292

Bank holiday tomorrow, and I have nothing planned. A day of slouchy bliss ahead. Yay!  It's gonna be sooo hard going to back to a regular 5-day work week next week, cause we've had 4-day weeks for the last three weeks. Eek.

Last edited by TeeJay (April 30, 2014 11:31 am)

April 30, 2014 5:02 pm  #293

Yeah, we have a few short weeks this term, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 1, 2014 8:56 pm  #294

Silly thing to be happy about... and I really don't know why...

I sorted out some transportation for the Irish Eurovision delegation (after I smiled at who I think was Tobe and her son)... and got to ride back to the hotel in the COOLEST car in the world. Sadly not a Jaguar, but a red, luxury, Tesla electric car. 

No wonder I had to help take pictures of the delegation with that car! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 2, 2014 9:23 am  #295

I got a ticket to Ed Sheerans concert in Denmark! I only got one, so I'm gonna go all by myself, but I'm still so happy about it! I've been liking Ed since early 2011 and when I first didn't get tickets to his concert I cried for a few hours (I never cry, but I did that time... haha). Then they moved the concert to a bigger arena and tickets went on sale this morning. I'm so so so happy!

May 2, 2014 12:51 pm  #296

Have a wonderful time at the concert. I love Ed Sheeran's tunes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 2, 2014 2:13 pm  #297

Ed Sheeran is beautiful, I'm happy you got tickets!

Right, without going to far into personal reasons and stuff, I've almost finished my therapy for some current issues I'm dealing with, and today I walked into the group therapy room and the other people in my group turned around and said, "You look really well." And they kept throwing compliments at me. It made me so happy to be complimented, and I actually accepted them (for once!).

I also spoke out about what's been going on recently and I've realised that right now I'm in a happy place, and it's coming across so others can see it, and yeah, I'm rambling now but basically, I'm on the road to recovery and I feel proud of myself, and it was nice to hear others say they were for me too!

Last edited by rebeccaholmes (May 2, 2014 2:14 pm)

May 2, 2014 4:38 pm  #298

YAY congrats on getting tickets, Batchlock!!

Aw Rebecca, those are truly good news! I am so proud of you!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 6, 2014 8:13 am  #299

I just have a few minutes to myself before running off to Copenhagen to do my Eurovision duty. 

Seriously, despite all the transportation hell this is the most fun I've ever had!

Yesterday was such a cool day! I had litterally just said goodbye to the Irish singer before I ran to the cue at the 1st dress rehearsal as a fan with a ticket (which is a weird transisition), enjoyed myself watching that, Finally got on a bus back and went to the Irish party! Where one of the dancers asked me and one of my co-hosts if he could get a picture with us. When does that happen?? 

I still have trouble believing this is actually happning though. And I suppose getting 3 hours of sleep every night, taking double shifts and only getting one meal a day because I simply forget to eat isn't helping...

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (May 6, 2014 8:14 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 6, 2014 11:19 pm  #300

I had a sort of weird fan girl moment today... and it actually surprised me!

My co-worker quickly briefed me about my long shift earlier today and mentioned a meeting with 'Jedrod...'

I just started smiling really weird and got all happy. It was Jedward! And I actually got to meet them and talk to them, actually they both talked to me as I was trying to stay in the back carrying stuff... they were pretty much curious about what the heck I was doing there.

But the most weird thing was that cramp in my stomach and how I couldn't breathe when they came into the room. I mean... I don't even have a crush on them or anything! 

But it was JEDWARD!!

Oh, and after I got to see the semi final tonight with the Head of Delegation, Head of Press, the mentor and the vocal coach, the Head of delegation told me he'd leave a ticket in the reception at their hotel for one of the dress rehearsals tomorrow for the second semi final! Which now means I get to see a dress rehearsal of each show, as my co-worker was so kind to get me a ticket for one of the finals ones too! 

I bloody love my life right now! It's worth the pain, the lack of sleep, not eating... the stress... it's worth it, so worth it! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (May 6, 2014 11:25 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera