BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2013 12:06 pm  #1

Hello from Germany!

Hi everybody!

Thought to register here to get some contact to other like-minded people. My family and friends can't really understand my passion for Sherlock and Benedict Cumberbatch. But thank god... we have the internet.
Of course Sherlock isn't new for me. I watched season 1 and 2 when they were broadcasted on German TV. But back then I just thought... yeah nice... entertaining. It was the same with "Star Trek - Into darkness". I'm a loose fan of the whole Star Trek stuff and watched the film at the cinema because this kind of films simply are amazing on a big screen. I'm not sure if I even was aware of the fact that Mr. Cumberbatch played the baddie. lol
But all changed after my last visit to London in October. My friend and me decided to watch "The Fifth Estate" at cinema and that was the first time I heard Benedict's original voice. It must have been this. Because... I knew several actors who I find more handsome. But in London I bought the Sherlock DVDs. And are watching them again and again and again now. I also started to be interested in the other works of Benedict. I'm facinated by him and can't tell why... exactly.
Hope you can help me to figure that out.
Thanks in advance.
gently

Last edited by gently69 (November 19, 2013 8:16 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 18, 2013 12:09 pm  #2

Re: Hello from Germany!

Willkommen! Hello and welcome to the forum! You have made a wise decision to join us here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 18, 2013 12:17 pm  #3

Hopefully. We will see. At the moment this forum ist the only contact point for my... spleen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

November 18, 2013 12:36 pm  #4

Helo and welcome to the forum 

November 18, 2013 12:53 pm  #5

Hi, warm welcome, and enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 18, 2013 1:15 pm  #6

Welcome, gently. I had the same experience. I watched series 1 on German TV and thought it was quite good but not more. Then I bought the DVDs before series 2 was aired, heard the voice and the brilliant dialogues and … well, look at me now.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 18, 2013 1:19 pm  #7

Welcome from me too, gently!
And same here, it was his voice that changed everything for me. You just can't resist it, can you?

Have fun here!

Oh, and when it comes to the question why you are so fascinated by Benedict: we occasionally talk about 'the whole package' here... I'm sure you'll figure out what that means...

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 18, 2013 1:21 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 18, 2013 1:58 pm  #8

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Make yourself at home. I'm sure you will have a nice time here - just check out some of the interesting discussions, it's usually very entertaining. 

Greetings from NRW,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 18, 2013 2:06 pm  #9

Many, many thanks for the warm welcome. I think I gonna like it here.

(Tony Hadley)

November 18, 2013 2:13 pm  #10

I love that sig quote! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 18, 2013 2:18 pm  #11

Do you mean mine? Yeah I always have a smile on my face if I watch, hear or read that.

Last edited by gently69 (November 19, 2013 8:11 am)

(Tony Hadley)

November 18, 2013 2:19 pm  #12

...and it's great, because Lestrade's least irritating officer obviously is Lestrade himself.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 18, 2013 2:44 pm  #13

SolarSystem wrote:

...and it's great, because Lestrade's least irritating officer obviously is Lestrade himself.

Oh yes, you are absolutely right. Haven't seen it this way so far.

(Tony Hadley)

November 18, 2013 3:34 pm  #14

Welcome, gently. I'm sure that joining the forum was just the right thing to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 29, 2014 10:50 am  #15

Hi and welcome. 

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

July 29, 2014 1:30 pm  #16

A very warm and fuzzy welcome, Gently!   

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 29, 2014 1:34 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2014 1:32 pm  #17

Now; Mattlocked, really now???
After thousands of posts???

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 1:34 pm  #18

Fiiine.... I cancelled it. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2014 1:39 pm  #19

Bronte89 wrote:

Hi and welcome.

Sorry ... but I am here since November last year already.

(Tony Hadley)

July 29, 2014 1:39 pm  #20

Damn. I already welcomed you.

Board footera