BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2012 5:30 am  #1

Sad World - Our favourite Moffie has had death threats on Twitter!!

Grrrrrrrr; some people are sick little deviates!!

So they person's Twitter name is MoffatTwat2

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hope Moff does all he can to 'exterminate' (see, I do know SOMETHING about that silly show!)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 5:34 am  #2

Re: Sad World - Our favourite Moffie has had death threats on Twitter!!

OMG!!!

I just searched the account.
What a foul little cretin!!!
In response, he is getting heaps back at him; however I don't think it will do any good. He craves attention obviously!
grrrrrrr

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 5:37 am  #3

Pooor Steven! (

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

March 26, 2012 5:40 am  #4

Oh, anyone with Twitter, PLEASE search his name and report him over and over again!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 5:41 am  #5

Moffat Twat † @MoffatTwat2 
@steven_moffat I HATE YOU MOFFAT! I HATE YOU FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO DOCTOR WHO. IF MURDER WASN'T ILLEGAL I WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO KILL YOU!!!

The evidence. I won't take a screen shot and post it here; it's just nasty stuff.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 7:39 am  #6

I posted about this on my tumblr here and also was a bit cheeky with Law & Order opening credit lines in this post

And (fangirl moment) got a twitter reply from Amanda Abbington when I challenged her use of the word "fool" to describe him lol.

I think that this is a prime example of defered responsibility in social media and the fact that being anonymous seems to make people believe the normal social and legal rules don't apply to them somehow. I'm sure I saw an article about the way the 'anonymous' mask of online interaction has meant that people will say things online they would never say to someone's face but I can't find it now.

I think that the social media presence of a lot of celebs these days means they are far more accessible (or seem to be) and that's a wonderful thing. You feel like you can really tell someone how much you enjoy their work. The negative side is that people feel it's appropriate to also tell them how much they dislike their work. And you know, as long as it's just critiquing their work well, it's kind of reasonable - that's the world they're working in. But as soon as you make it a personal attack it goes way outside the boundaries of what's okay and acceptable. I personally don't post anything in any social media environment I wouldn't be comfortable discussing with the recipient in person. I have strong doubts this person would make those same threats in person - he/she is clearly a coward and probably has mental health issues if they are responding so vehemently to a man who is partly responsible for a fictional world.

Sorry that became a bit of a rant but I seriously take issue with shit like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 26, 2012 7:43 am  #7

WOAH WOAH WOAH - NOBODY MESSES WITH THE MOFF! This makes me SOOOOO mad! Glad it's some idiot though and not some crazy Sherlock fan threatening to kill him cause he won't make John and Sherlock gay together or something stupid like that....anyway, heading over to Twitter now to report him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 26, 2012 7:52 am  #8

Sue has already stated that getting this guy banned doesn't work. He just creates another account. See her second post in the images above "Block 'em and they're back again"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 26, 2012 7:55 am  #9

JESUS have you seen what this guy has been sending to Nicola Bryant?! Now I'm even more cross. I don't even know who she is but I'm pissed off. This guy.....no words.

March 26, 2012 8:28 am  #10

Yep report them all; they could block his ip addresses, everytime he gets a new one; OR if it is bad enough, they will get the authorities onto them now... happens a lot these days
We just need to raise a big enough stink!

(psstt also a good time to let them know what website WE arefrom)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 8:35 am  #11

Ha, good idea, I just told Sue & Steven that everyone here at the Sherlock fan board supports them. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 26, 2012 8:43 am  #12

You did? I thought I had you on my follow or my SH/Cumberbatch list. Apparently I don't. PM me your twitter id?

March 26, 2012 9:51 am  #13

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Ha, good idea, I just told Sue & Steven that everyone here at the Sherlock fan board supports them. 

Good. Thought I would let you do that honour.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 10:23 am  #14

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Of course we do... thanks for that, Sherlock.

I really can't understand this kind of people. I may be a bit obsessed with some stuff sometimes (like I am right now with The Reichenbach Fall, haha) but... death threats? Does this people have no life? Or what?

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 26, 2012 10:49 am  #15

They just want attention really. Their posts are attracting a LOT of attention, so they have been 'successful' in something, probably for the first time in their life.
And they've 'been noticed' by a someone famous so that makes them feel even more special.

Steve Moffatt, Sue and all the other wonderful people who bring us such brilliant entertainment open their doors just a little tiny bit to their fans when they get on Twitter & the like. I understand that they enjoy the sharing atmosphere that it creates, whilst still maintaining fans at a 'safe' distance.
I enjoy just reading their tweets without responding sometimes. In this strange world we live in today, it somehow fills a void of intelligent (well sometimes anyway) & witty interaction that seems to be lacking certainly in my life! Hence, I take it kinda personally when someone threatens that interaction.And morons like this current idiot ruin that fun atmosphere and 'push' these guys further away from us.

In closing my rant I say :
I cannot blame Benedict at all for not using social networking, he seems sensitive enough to comments made about him. We could lose him forever. (gasp, shock horror cringe)
Phewww that was a scary thought.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 11:18 am  #16

Yeah I totally understand why Benedict and Martin aren't on Twitter and although it's sad, I hope it stays that way just for their sakes and ours!

My username is believeinsh2012 by the way, display name Believe In Sherlock.

I send them a link to the forum too - that was fun!

March 26, 2012 11:27 am  #17

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah I totally understand why Benedict and Martin aren't on Twitter and although it's sad, I hope it stays that way just for their sakes and ours!

My username is believeinsh2012 by the way, display name Believe In Sherlock.

I send them a link to the forum too - that was fun!

Well, I think if they take a look here they will have a good time reading our posts about The Reichenbach Fall theories... anyway, I'm glad Benedict is not among them in Twitter and he can't read all the silly things I say here about his voice... that would be too embarrasing 

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 26, 2012 12:18 pm  #18

Irene_Adler wrote:

Well, I think if they take a look here they will have a good time reading our posts about The Reichenbach Fall theories... anyway, I'm glad Benedict is not among them in Twitter and he can't read all the silly things I say here about his voice... that would be too embarrasing 

Oh don't bet on that. He may not have an account, but that doesn't stop him from reading things, lmao.
I'm sure in an interview Sue Vertue said that they saw Sherlock trending straight after one of the shows aired and Benedict was there checking out what was happening online. There was a mention of how surprised they all were that the reaction to shows now is basically instantaneous.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 26, 2012 2:12 pm  #19

The thought of Benedict reading our site...

March 26, 2012 2:21 pm  #20

kazza474 wrote:

Irene_Adler wrote:

Oh don't bet on that. He may not have an account, but that doesn't stop him from reading things, lmao.
I'm sure in an interview Sue Vertue said that they saw Sherlock trending straight after one of the shows aired and Benedict was there checking out what was happening online. There was a mention of how surprised they all were that the reaction to shows now is basically instantaneous.

Sherlock Homes wrote:

The thought of Benedict reading our site...   

Oh my God... Benedict, if you ever read this, know that you have the most amazing voice I've ever heard 

Board footera