BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 17, 2013 8:29 am  #1

Help! Our Secret Santa Exchange needs beta-readers!

Hi everyone!

I'm sure you have all heard of the Secret Santa Exchange by now. If not: Some of us are writing short fanfics for each other as Secret Santas. The fics will be posted in the forum like an advent calendar. (see here: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3790 )

But as some of us are not native speakers, we really need beta-readers who are not involved in the Exchange. I am hereby shamelessly appealing to your pre-christmas generosity. Please, if you would be willing to help, post your name here so our writers can contact you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 17, 2013 6:24 pm  #2

Re: Help! Our Secret Santa Exchange needs beta-readers!

Thank you so much! I am sure that many will follow your example. :-D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 17, 2013 6:32 pm  #3

Lovely, dear, thanks 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 18, 2013 12:23 pm  #4

How could I not heard of this The Secret Santa Exchange? It's not that I would have participated. But the whole project sounds great. I hope more native speakers come forward to beta reading. Wish you guys all the best 

November 18, 2013 3:41 pm  #5

shouldbestudying wrote:

Hi Schmiezi I can do some beta reading

@shouldbe: Maybe you can tell us here as soon as you have got enough requests for beta-ing.

@everybody else: bump! We still need help!

November 18, 2013 5:12 pm  #6

Sure, I'll do it 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 18, 2013 5:24 pm  #7

Thank you, kitty! I'm sure someone will PM you about it soon!

November 18, 2013 5:30 pm  #8

*purrs* 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 19, 2013 5:46 am  #9

bump

November 20, 2013 12:35 am  #10

If it helps, I'm open to doing more than one. Send 'em my way 

November 20, 2013 3:01 pm  #11

I'd like to offer to help. I have recently discovered fanfiction and love reading it. I'm a professional writer (stuff that would earn a tremendous BORING!! such as grants and proposals) and have spent a little time studying in London (so not completely deaf to British English).

M: Tradition, John. Our traditions define us.

Harry: ...And Mr. Holmes, the younger.  You look taller in your photographs.
SH: I take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend.

November 20, 2013 8:21 pm  #12

Oh... *Jumps up and down* Pick me! I'll do it!!

"I'm not a phycopath, Anderson, I'm a high- funcioning sociopath, do your research."

November 21, 2013 5:23 am  #13

Thank you both, that's  lovely! You will surely be asked for help soon!

Board footera