BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2013 4:53 pm  #21

Re: Gary Oldman interviewing Benedict

The interview was very interesting to read, thanks for the link. Finally some different questions and answers than the usual stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

May 6, 2015 9:40 am  #22

I really loved this interview. Wish we could have heard it rather than reading a transcript though. There should be more interviews like this: actors interviewing actors (good ones, anyway)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 6, 2015 10:15 am  #23

ukaunz wrote:

I really loved this interview. Wish we could have heard it rather than reading a transcript though. There should be more interviews like this: actors interviewing actors (good ones, anyway)

I don't know if you've seen this already, but this is another nice example of what can happen when an actor just talks to another actor. It's not very long but still kind of nice: Benedict and Edward Norton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTsrheWUG50

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 6, 2015 11:15 am  #24

Thanks Solar, I hadn't seen that one before and I really enjoyed watching it just now. But I feel like the conversation continued on past the end of the video. I wanted to hear more! Very interesting stuff, and great to see them both so relaxed and engaged. It also makes me want to watch Birdman again. I feel bad admitting that I found that movie boring the first time I watched it, but I don't think I was really giving it the attention it deserved. I think I was in the wrong mood at the time, and also had a different idea of the sort of film it was going to be - so I should give it another go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 7, 2015 7:46 am  #25

I had already read the interview and I loved the concept -actors interviews actors, what a treat! Not the same questions as journalists would ask over and over, and basically just a relaxed talk between people of the same profession (thanks for the link, Solar! I really wonder why I haven't watched Birdman, yet...it is on my TO WATCH list...).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 7, 2015 8:29 am  #26

You're welcome, ladies. 

@Birdman: I saw it and didn't really like it all that much. Edward Norton and Michael Keaton both gave stellar performances, I'll give you that. And it's not that the film was boring or stupid. But the story didn't mean very much to me, it all felt a bit artificial to me. My boyfriend completely disagrees with me, he thinks that the film talks a lot about life and how you struggle with it and lots of other things... and I guess that's actually true. But still, I didn't feel it. I didn't feel anything. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera