BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2013 2:47 pm  #1

Hi everyone

Hello!

My name is Marva and this is the first time in my entire life that I consider myself as (obsessive) fan of something. I am quite new to the Sherlock series as it just has been recommended to me but I am already captured by (almost) everything!!!

Although I like to read crime novels in general, I never even was particularly interested in the Sherlock Holmes books. But since watching this series everything has changed. I am quite surprised to realize that these excessive fandoms exist, as I was not aware of it at all before, with fanfic, fanart, fanvideos and all the like and I am even more surprised that I enjoy them tremendously.

I think what is so fascinating about the Sherlock series (can't speak much of the actual books or other adaptions) is that both of the main characters have such a deep and interesting personality, both opposed and congruent to each other at the same time. I already found so much fantastic fanfic taking advantage of this fact in order to evolve the most capturing plots, it is really stunning.

So, hi there fellow Sherlock fans, I am really excited about the opportunity to be able exchange ideas with you on that subject as in my real life everybody would probably assume that I went nuts :-D.

Cheers

The Game is On!

November 8, 2013 2:54 pm  #2

Re: Hi everyone

Welcome, Marva, you have found the right place. Look around and have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 8, 2013 2:59 pm  #3

Oh yes, have fun, definitely! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 8, 2013 3:15 pm  #4

Hi Marva,

welcome and thank you for your lovely introduction. Be prepared to spend quite some time here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 8, 2013 3:26 pm  #5

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I actually already spent quite some time here

The Game is On!

November 8, 2013 3:29 pm  #6

A warm welcome from me too, Marva!
I'm sure you'll have a great time here - and definitely lots of fun.
Make yourself at home, you came to the right place!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 8, 2013 4:38 pm  #7

Hi Marva! Welcome to the board! I joined just a few days ago myself and have felt very welcomed by everyone. I hope you enjoy your time here!

"Just once, can you two behave like grownups?"
"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants so I wouldn't hold out too much hope." - Mycroft Holmes and John Watson, Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia, Season 2

"Well, Mr. Holmes. I’ve seen you handle a good many cases in my time but I don’t know that I ever knew a more workman like one than this. We’re not jealous of you, you know, at Scotland Yard. No, sir, we’re proud of you. And if you come down tomorrow there’s not a man from the oldest inspector to the youngest constable, who wouldn’t be glad to shake you by the hand." - Inspector Lestrade, The Six Napoleons

November 8, 2013 4:50 pm  #8

Welcome, Marva, to our obsessive but friendly bunch of Sherlockians!
Have a seat and a cuppa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 8, 2013 5:05 pm  #9

Hello Marva and welcome to our community! Make yourself at home. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 8, 2013 5:23 pm  #10

Wow, everyone is really so nice here :-)

The Game is On!

November 9, 2013 10:44 am  #11

Hello and welcome to the forum Marva! I hope you continue to have a happy time splashing around in the shallows 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 9, 2013 3:35 pm  #12

tobeornot221b wrote:

Have a seat and a cuppa.

Obsessive? Who's obsessive? We all have a life beyond Sherlock and we're all completely laid back and rel-did anyone just mention season 3, OMG! I'm so excited I can't wait any longer! Gimme!

Erm. Hrm. So sorry. It really usually rarely happens. At all.

Apart from that- a belated official welcome from me too!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 9, 2013 6:11 pm  #13

Kerkerian wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

Have a seat and a cuppa.

Obsessive? Who's obsessive? We all have a life beyond Sherlock and we're all completely laid back and rel-did anyone just mention season 3, OMG! I'm so excited I can't wait any longer! Gimme!

Erm. Hrm. So sorry. It really usually rarely happens. At all.

Apart from that- a belated official welcome from me too!

Btw, a very happy welcome from me as well

Board footera