BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 13, 2013 1:23 pm  #101

Re: World Premiere of The Empty Hearse on 15 Dec.

SolarSystem wrote:

But maybe a suggestion (and I don't know if this could really work, so your opinions are welcome): How about a thread where everyone who has seen the episode(s) can just talk about how they liked it without talking about the actual content? Something like: "I loved the reunion, I loved the atmosphere of the episode, I didn't like what they did with Anderson..." - do you know what I mean?
This way even those who haven't seen the episodes yet could sort of join in without getting any spoilers. Do you think this might work? Does it make any sense...?

That's a good idea Solar  . In that way we wont be required to do a total abstention, instead we can get involved with series three without the danger of getting actual spoilers. Great!!!!!

December 13, 2013 1:50 pm  #102

SolarSystem wrote:

I have to say I'm pretty relaxed about this. Is anybody from our forum going on Sunday? If not, everything that might pop up here is just... hearsay. I have trust in all of us that we will post possible spoilers in the according threads, so I guess there is no danger here in the forum.
As for me, I really don't do that much Twitter or tumblr anyway and will just stay away from it completely after Sunday. I really believe it is possible to avoid all spoilerish stuff, if you really want to.

But maybe a suggestion (and I don't know if this could really work, so your opinions are welcome): How about a thread where everyone who has seen the episode(s) can just talk about how they liked it without talking about the actual content? Something like: "I loved the reunion, I loved the atmosphere of the episode, I didn't like what they did with Anderson..." - do you know what I mean?
This way even those who haven't seen the episodes yet could sort of join in without getting any spoilers. Do you think this might work? Does it make any sense...?

Well, I still want to participate in the kind of "hearsay" spoilers (those where you never know exactly if they are true or not), therefore I still would like to visit the spoiler threads in the forum. But I don't want to read any "real" spoilers from the actual episode. Therefore I am totally supporting your suggestion from the second paragraph! I am wondering, however, if someone from the forum will actually see TEH the day after tomorrow?!

The Game is On!

December 13, 2013 4:50 pm  #103

Good idea.
I live on Twitter...yikes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 13, 2013 7:05 pm  #104

Oh lordy, I haven't given this much thought yet. Do I want actual spoilers from the episode?? I am torn, but I am on Twitter anyway and I really don't know if I am strong enough to resist the temptation...

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

December 14, 2013 9:06 am  #105

I won't go looking.
But if I happen to see them, just tough I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 15, 2013 3:01 pm  #106

Guys, what about Solar's suggestion?

How about a thread where everyone who has seen the episode(s) can just talk about how they liked it without talking about the actual content? Something like: "I loved the reunion, I loved the atmosphere of the episode, I didn't like what they did with Anderson..."

Wouldn't it be great if we got some general news about tEH? I'm just saying   

December 15, 2013 3:04 pm  #107

All the arrival pix are up and the 1st review( from a journo) has been tweetedd.  I mean, he just said it was brilliant!

December 15, 2013 3:05 pm  #108

Apparently the screening is over.
Sherlockology tweeted they liked it.
Is any member at the BFI screening?

I really like Solar's idea!!

December 15, 2013 3:09 pm  #109

Thanks bb for the news, that's just what Iwanted to know  foremost  A deep relief,,,,,

December 15, 2013 3:15 pm  #110

Yeah, that's all I wanted to know too. If they liked it. Now first of January can come. 

Last edited by gently69 (December 15, 2013 3:17 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 15, 2013 3:58 pm  #111

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 15, 2013 3:59 pm  #112

Emotional reunion...my poor feels 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 15, 2013 4:07 pm  #113

So - it has definitely happened!  Some people out there have already seen it - quite hard to imagine after that long wait. And we all are getting closer and closer...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 15, 2013 4:21 pm  #114

'The Long Reunion' - that definitely makes my day. Yes, that's what I want! They can explain how he did it in five minutes, but the reunion better be long, long, loooooong!

Btw, the thread I suggested will probably make sense only after the first members of this forum have seen the first episode, right?

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 15, 2013 4:22 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 15, 2013 4:31 pm  #115

17 days ^^ Less than 3 weeks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 15, 2013 4:42 pm  #116

The boys after the screening...

(Source: http://ladyrazzle.tumblr.com )

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 15, 2013 4:42 pm  #117

It's the strangest thing.  Just because I know the World Premier happened today, I've been feeling very excited and jumpy with a sense that this a very special day - like Christmas! So, it has begun! 

Also, getting ready to meet Sherli Bakerst to see "The Desolation of Smaug" so that could be part of the excitement. But it's really all about Sherlock!  Brilliant that the 'Fall' explanation will be minor compared to the boys reuniting.  That's just the way I want it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 15, 2013 4:46 pm  #118

The LONG reunion...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 15, 2013 4:49 pm  #119

tobeornot221b wrote:

The LONG reunion...

Oh. God. Yesssssssss.

December 15, 2013 4:49 pm  #120

Mark has said at Comic.com that the Reunion is protracted and his favourite part.

Board footera