BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2013 8:48 am  #81

Re: World Premiere of The Empty Hearse on 15 Dec.

Though I'm aware of nearly every spoiler to date I don't want to know anything that's actually going to happen in TEH.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 1, 2013 8:55 am  #82

Me too.
Funny thing, I was so focused on my personally not being able to see TEH until the 2 Jan, I had to be reminded about the premier!
I seem to remember that people were pretty good  last time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 1, 2013 11:23 am  #83

besleybean wrote:

A month, date wise, to air...
I'm assuming the lucky people who get to the BFI premier will keep us spoiler free, I mean with warnings at least.

Yes, no spoilers without a warning please. No spoilers at all. Or yes? I'm so torn...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 1, 2013 11:24 am  #84

Is anybody on here going?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 1, 2013 11:50 am  #85

During shooting I didn't mind spoilers. I think it is something completly different seeing some set photos and speculating about the plot as reading real spoilers. So I will try to avoid anything about TEH during those two weeks, although I am also very curious  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 1, 2013 11:56 am  #86

stoertebeker wrote:

So I will try to avoid anything about TEH during those two weeks, although I am also very curious .

Yeah, I think I will handle that the same way though it's going to be very difficult.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 1, 2013 2:38 pm  #87

I too want to avoid serious spoilers fromt he actual episode.  But it's gong to be hell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 12, 2013 2:35 pm  #88

What will happen after the premiere in three days?
Tumblr, twitter and the tabloids will know the plot and tell the world?

December 12, 2013 2:55 pm  #89

gently69 wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

So I will try to avoid anything about TEH during those two weeks, although I am also very curious .

Yeah, I think I will handle that the same way though it's going to be very difficult.

Did I really wrote this???
Well wasn't resistant at all. But after the premiere I'm going to avoid as much as possible. Spoilers in this forum are only posted in the marked threads, aren't they?

(Tony Hadley)

December 12, 2013 2:55 pm  #90

As far as I know the fandom I'm quite sure everyone will keep the mouth shut.
But then - there are always some idiots who want to feel important....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 12, 2013 3:49 pm  #91

I feel we're all safe here for whatever level of spoiler/no spoilers we want to participate in.

Mods are very good about policing the threads.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 12, 2013 4:00 pm  #92

Thank you, tonnaree. We are doing our best to ensure that there will be only spoilers in marked threads and/or threads which clearly state that they deal with S3. Of course all of you have to participate and be responsible which seems to work quite well so far. 

We should all refrain from posting any information in connection with the premiere on Sunday that might be interpreted as a spoiler. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 12, 2013 7:48 pm  #93

Be wrote:

What will happen after the premiere in three days?
Tumblr, twitter and the tabloids will know the plot and tell the world?

Well, I hope people will behave. There are luckily some good examples of fandoms where people kept their mouth shut about upcoming events (e.g. Game of Thrones, series 3). I think Sherlockians a very reasonable people (to some extent  ).

Unfortunatly there is no guarantee regarding journalists (e.g. Ben's role in Star Trek)  .

Last edited by stoertebeker (December 12, 2013 7:51 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 12, 2013 7:50 pm  #94

I will be so tempted by spoilers...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 12, 2013 8:26 pm  #95

kittykat wrote:

me, too. Honestly, I don't what to do. Because that will be REAL apoilers then and not just photos from the filming.  

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 12, 2013 8:30 pm  #96

I don't really want to see any spoiler reports from the event.
But I suppsoe if I do, I'll live with it.

Last edited by besleybean (December 13, 2013 6:30 am)

December 12, 2013 8:35 pm  #97

Ivy wrote:

kittykat wrote:

me, too. Honestly, I don't what to do. Because that will be REAL apoilers then and not just photos from the filming.  

like forbidden fruit ^^

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 12, 2013 11:48 pm  #98

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 12, 2013 11:49 pm  #99

tonnaree wrote:

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

I'll drink to that ^^

December 13, 2013 9:46 am  #100

I have to say I'm pretty relaxed about this. Is anybody from our forum going on Sunday? If not, everything that might pop up here is just... hearsay. I have trust in all of us that we will post possible spoilers in the according threads, so I guess there is no danger here in the forum.
As for me, I really don't do that much Twitter or tumblr anyway and will just stay away from it completely after Sunday. I really believe it is possible to avoid all spoilerish stuff, if you really want to.

But maybe a suggestion (and I don't know if this could really work, so your opinions are welcome): How about a thread where everyone who has seen the episode(s) can just talk about how they liked it without talking about the actual content? Something like: "I loved the reunion, I loved the atmosphere of the episode, I didn't like what they did with Anderson..." - do you know what I mean?
This way even those who haven't seen the episodes yet could sort of join in without getting any spoilers. Do you think this might work? Does it make any sense...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera