BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 25, 2012 3:46 pm  #1

Silly pictures of associations only Sherlockians can understand

Is it just me or do Sherlock related things these days make you flinch or jump, too?
In London I was having so much fun to see certain everyday items in a Sherlock context – something that hardly ever happens to me at home – thanks to the different language.

Here are some of my silly photos – I think you will know what I mean and understand what associations the items were leading me to…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 25, 2012 3:49 pm  #2

Re: Silly pictures of associations only Sherlockians can understand

They're awesome 

I specially like the "repel" one... yesterday I was talking to a person I really dislike, I surprised myself internally thinking "you... repel... me".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 25, 2012 5:01 pm  #3

Those are brilliant! Things like that always jump out at me too. Might start snapping them and uploading the pictures on this thread.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 25, 2012 7:08 pm  #4

These are great!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 25, 2012 7:15 pm  #5

Thank you, guys.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 26, 2012 7:20 am  #6

Awesome

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 26, 2012 11:33 am  #7

haaa... I see what you did there :D

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 26, 2012 11:38 am  #8

By the way, which station is the last picture taken from?
I'll have to go there next time I go to London 

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 26, 2012 4:32 pm  #9

St. Pauls's I think.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 26, 2012 7:44 pm  #10

Davina wrote:

St. Pauls's I think.

Noted. Thanks 

March 26, 2012 8:01 pm  #11

Yes, St. Pauls's. Barbican's fine as well.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 26, 2012 8:08 pm  #12

Thanks... I don't know when I'll go to London again, but I definitely have to pay a visit to Saint Bart's 

April 11, 2012 12:14 pm  #13

Here's a few Sherlockian jokes of my own I noticed when I was out shopping yesterday. It was the first time I'd been out in ages and I just kept spotting loads of things that made me laugh...See if you can get the Sherlockian references without me saying first...

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (April 11, 2012 12:15 pm)

April 12, 2012 12:52 am  #14

OMG THE TEA!!!! That's awesome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 29, 2012 8:02 pm  #15

Ok, I SAW - but apparently I haven't thoroughly been OBSERVING my yesterday's bookstore picture.
I only realized now...

Last edited by tobeornot221b (April 29, 2012 8:13 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 30, 2012 5:56 am  #16

That's amazing!

April 30, 2012 7:34 am  #17

HAHA, like it. Good observation!

April 30, 2012 10:20 am  #18

These are fabulous..

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

May 20, 2012 5:38 pm  #19

pic.twitter.com/MiHDGf7v

That is all I have to say.

May 20, 2012 7:34 pm  #20

Am I being really dumb here, cause I don't get the relevance of;
First aid kit (emergency)
Hedgehog bird's nest or
the apple tablecloth.

Am I thinking to deeply here (or just not THINKING at all!)

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

Board footera