BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2013 1:39 pm  #441

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

Wholocked wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

About the idea of a master list I fully agree. I would prefer a link list here in the forum. I'm planning to publish my story on fanfiction.net but not on AO3.

That intrigues me. Can I ask why you prefer ff.net? I find it's formatting and options very limiting as a reader; I haven't tried posting to it as a writer.

Well, as a writer I can't compare both plattforms either. 'Everything will be ok' was the first fanfiction I ever finished and will therefore be the first I am going to publish. I think my preference for ff.net is a matter of habit. I use ff.net for a while now and haven't know about AO3 before I joined this forum. I read fanfiction mostly on my mobile or iPad and find the mobile view of ff.net more comfortable. But you are are right, the possibilities of categorization and setting of tags is indeed very goot at AO3. Maybe I should give it a go, but I had actually not planned to publish on two plattforms due to the effort. Well, I'll think about it.

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Marva wrote:

Thanks Wholocked once again for the awesome fic!

I will need some time now to figure out who wrote what ;-). Cheers to everyone, this was so much fun!

It truly was! Writing based on a prompt was honestly more enjoyable than I thought it would be.  And the result from everyone involved was amazing!

That's so true! It was fun and I'll certainly keep on writing. It's wonderful how many different and brilliant stories we got. Thank you very much Kerkerian for the idea!

And, very important: Thank you very much GoSherlocked for your awesome little story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 27, 2013 2:07 pm  #442

stoertebeker wrote:

I read fanfiction mostly on my mobile or iPad and find the mobile view of ff.net more comfortable.

Hehe I have the opposite opinion on this, as I also read it on my tablet and find the fact that ff.net won't repaginate and the font is really small difficult. How funny that we both have totally different views of the same thing. I love humans

I really enjoyed this process as well; I thought writing to a prompt would be difficult but it actually was kind of fun. I guess it depends on the prompt; some of them would have had me run screaming I think.

Very big thanks to Kerkerian for organising and SusiGo and Ormond Sacker for helping her with the posting

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 27, 2013 6:57 pm  #443

I would like to thank all participants I read all the fics and I liked them very much. When I didn't review them, it was because I tend to say everything is brilliant and then I don't know what to write more So thank you all, it was great and I hope you will do it again next year

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

December 27, 2013 8:23 pm  #444

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Marva wrote:

I will need some time now to figure out who wrote what ;-). Cheers to everyone, this was so much fun!

It truly was! Writing based on a prompt was honestly more enjoyable than I thought it would be.  And the result from everyone involved was amazing!

I will second that! Next time I'm stuck, I'm posting everywhere for prompts :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

December 27, 2013 8:31 pm  #445

crazybbcamerican wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Marva wrote:

It truly was! Writing based on a prompt was honestly more enjoyable than I thought it would be.  And the result from everyone involved was amazing!

I will second that! Next time I'm stuck, I'm posting everywhere for prompts :D

Yes, writing for a prompt is funny. Maybe we should do something like that more often at the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 27, 2013 11:44 pm  #446

This was tons of fun! Writing for a deadline is something I need more practice at! Hopefully we all can do it again next year! Still working my way through the fics, but now that some are posted other places, I'll be putting my opinions there probably. A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone! Same time next year, everyone?

December 28, 2013 9:59 am  #447

Yes, this was a lot of fun - and for one or two minutes even a bit nerve-wracking. We really should do this again!

Marva, I want to thank your for writing this wonderful fluff for me!  I really loved it - and I know that I probably gave you a bit of a hard time with my very general prompt. I really adore what you came up with, it is soooo sweet!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 28, 2013 5:17 pm  #448

I'm definitely up for doing this again next year. Or maybe we can do something before then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 28, 2013 6:04 pm  #449

Before then sounds exciting! I have gotten the best feedback from you all, aside from my beta! I have a fic I have been working on since June and I may post it here for feedback.

December 29, 2013 7:33 am  #450

Well, if you have a plot bunny you want someone else to write, start a plot bunny thread and drop it in there. Although, that's rather treading on the toes of the kink meme

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 29, 2013 8:29 am  #451

Ormond Sacker wrote:

I'm definitely up for doing this again next year. Or maybe we can do something before then.

I was wondering if we want to do a "Secret Sherlock Series 3 exchange", means the fanfics need to deal with something related to series 3. We could do this in 1 month or in half a year or whenever it is the most suitable.

The Game is On!

December 29, 2013 12:43 pm  #452

Marva wrote:

Ormond Sacker wrote:

I was wondering if we want to do a "Secret Sherlock Series 3 exchange", means the fanfics need to deal with something related to series 3. We could do this in 1 month or in half a year or whenever it is the most suitable.

Sounds like an idea, but I would suggest a couple of months so that more people have a chance to see the episode. Not all countries are quick in airing the episodes and not everyone can afford to buy the dvds right away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 3, 2014 8:29 am  #453

Hey all,

happy New Year!

We just got back from our Christmas shenanigan late last night, but of course I have already watched The Empty Hearse and also the minisode and all I can say is wow, wow ,wow. Wow.

Apart from that, I'm sorry if there was confusion about trigger warnings, it did indeed slip my mind in the hectic days before Ormond Sacker kindly took over (and I have to say that I wouldn't have offered to do the organizing, at least not alone, if I had known about my absence in advance. It was all a bit of a jumble this time).

Thank you again, Ormond Sacker, for doing this, and I hope that this first test run was a success despite the glitches. It was, after all, really nice to do this with all of you!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

January 3, 2014 8:36 am  #454

Thank you again for doing this, Kerkerian and Ormond, it was so much fun. And we had amazing new fics to enjoy. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 17, 2014 4:38 am  #455

All right, it's September already, and (at least in German super markets) there's gingerbread and Christmas cookies and at the coffee shop there's cinnamon latte ...

Apparently time to think of Christmas.

I really enjoyed the Santa Fic Exchange last year. Anyone else who would also like to do it again?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 17, 2014 6:10 am  #456

Me!!!
We need a good prompt this time...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

September 17, 2014 6:32 am  #457

I have lots to do in the next months but I would give it a try as long as it does not have to be a 20,000 words epos. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 17, 2014 10:52 am  #458

I didn't participate last year but I'd love to this time. 

September 17, 2014 12:16 pm  #459

I know I'm not that active around here at the moment, but I quite enjoyed the exchange and prompts last year and wouldn't mind doing this again! 'Twas a lot of fun! 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 17, 2014 12:21 pm  #460

May I submit a tentative maybe? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera