BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 26, 2013 10:53 am  #401

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

Schmiezi wrote:

I was thinking about posting my fic at AO3 and fanfiction as well, and a masterlist or something would be great. Kerkerian has been thinking about it, too, but I don't know if she has started asking everyone about it.

I've been thinking the same thing as well. 

-------------------------------------------------------

December 26, 2013 4:16 pm  #402

Me too. So I'd say everybody who wants uploads his/her FF somewhere and we collect the links.

The Game is On!

December 26, 2013 4:26 pm  #403

I was planning to upload mine as well and would be happy if it went on a masterlist. 

Mod's notice:

A member has informed me that for today's fic "Nova" a warning might be appropriate. Sorry that this might be deemed a spoiler but we have to consider that some readers may want to know this before they choose to read it. 
This fic deals with the sexual abuse of children. So if this may trigger unwanted responses in you, do not read it. Thank you. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 26, 2013 5:07 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 26, 2013 5:22 pm  #404

The fic "Nova" now has a warning for child abuse at its beginning. I apologise, I hadn't read the fic prior to posting it or I would have included one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 26, 2013 5:22 pm  #405

Thank you, Ormond. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 26, 2013 5:22 pm  #406

I think it should also have a warning for graphic violence and feel this is not suited for all ages 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 26, 2013 5:24 pm  #407

Harriet wrote:

I think it should also have a warning for graphic violence and feel this is not suited for all ages

Done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 26, 2013 5:28 pm  #408

Thanks 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 26, 2013 5:30 pm  #409

P.S. The chapter in question now carry its own warning too.

December 26, 2013 5:33 pm  #410

Nova

I am still not finished reading it, but I wanted to say that I am the one who suggested the warning first place. The fic is brilliantly written, very intense and unsettling (in a good way), and I enjoyed every moment of reading it. I just felt like everybody should know that there are some heavy topics ahead before they start reading.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 26, 2013 5:34 pm  #411

And thanks to Ormond and Susi for reacting that quickly, even though it's Christmas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 26, 2013 5:35 pm  #412

P.P.S. Just got a PM from the anon, saying that she had told Kerkian about the child abuse and suggested a warning note. Unfortunately in the Christmas rush, this did not get passed on to me. She is sincerely sorry for any inconvenience or upset the lack might have caused.
The graphic warning not is included on request by a member who felt it needed one, and I therefore gave it one such.

December 26, 2013 5:39 pm  #413

Dear Nova annon,
nothing bad happened. Looks like I'm the first to get that far, and I was only concerned on the behalf of other readers.
I hate the fact that I need to stop reading now due to some real life, instead of going on with chapter 14.

December 26, 2013 6:13 pm  #414

Real life?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 26, 2013 6:23 pm  #415

Mattlocked wrote:

Real life?

Yeah, that nasty thing that sometimes prevents you from undisturbed fangirling.

December 26, 2013 6:37 pm  #416

Oh, that thing.

As for the fic - I am looking forward to reading on. It is very good. 

December 26, 2013 6:50 pm  #417

Well, I wish that the author would have read the introduction more carefully 

"Since the stories will be posted in this thread, the content should be suitable for most ages and there shouldn't be any explicit sex scenes/ gore/ violence."

December 26, 2013 6:56 pm  #418

You are right, Harriet. I really like it but it nevertheless should have conformed to the rules.

December 26, 2013 7:40 pm  #419

Just finished reading and thanks anon, it was wonderful. Now for solving that thing at the end .

A P.S. Maybe I'm just inundated to violence, gore, sex, ect. but honestly I don't find it very explicit or graphic. At least not anymore than it is in the TV series. After all we see dead people, beat up people, blood, naked dominatrixs and so on there after all. So with that in mind, I probably wouldn't have warned for violence/gore if I had read this prior to posting.

December 26, 2013 7:45 pm  #420

Well, the warning does not say "Don't read it!", it basically says "Only read it if you don't mind the mentioned topics".

I think it is only fair to let everyone decide for themselfes if they want to try it or not. For some people, child abuse does not have to be described in detail to trigger something.

Board footera