BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2013 8:02 pm  #381

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

Love Is Not An Advantage

Just popping in to second (or shoudl that be third in this case), that our anonymous writer really ought to continue this one.
As an aside, I really would love to know what Kerkians wish was to get this one .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 22, 2013 8:11 pm  #382

The anonymous author submitted the prompts along with her story... however, the request afaik was:
Snow, Sherlock driving a car, angst, hurt/comfort. Possibly even whump!Sherlock.

(And the anonymous author also expressed her regrets that this time there was just no space for 'comfort'  )

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 23, 2013 6:26 pm  #383

Does anyone now when the next story will be published? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 23, 2013 7:01 pm  #384

SusiGo wrote:

Does anyone now when the next story will be published? 

As far as I remember it should be today. To whom gave Kerkerian the task of publishing the remaining stories?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 23, 2013 7:18 pm  #385

I don't know. She organised it via PM. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 23, 2013 9:10 pm  #386

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think she gave the task to Ormond Sacker...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 24, 2013 10:55 am  #387

Yes Kerkian gave it to me. Sorry but I'm not as early a bird as she is, at least not on my days off, but it's up now. The next story will be up tomorrow and the last on Boxing Day, at least that's how I understood how Kerkian was going to post. If I misunderstood I apologise. Also if people would rather have two stories today, since I may or may not have missed yesterday, then speak up and I'll post the second one later. The final will go up tomorrown.

Kerkian also sent me the list of who wrote what, which will be posted on the 27th. If you want your name removed from the list, PM me no later than the 26th at 8pm and I will remove it.

Also, I noticed that copy/pasting into this removes all formatting  so I've done my very best at putting it back in again. Sorry to the anon author if I've missed anything.

Last edited by Ormond Sacker (December 24, 2013 11:02 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 24, 2013 11:11 am  #388

I just saw that it ends in the middle of a sentence. Maybe you could have a look at that. Thank you. 

December 24, 2013 11:16 am  #389

SusiGo wrote:

I just saw that it ends in the middle of a sentence. Maybe you could have a look at that. Thank you. 

Yes saw that too just now. Unfortunately that is how the word file Kerkian sent me ends too . If the anon author could PM me the last bit if she sees this, then I could edit it in. I was going to sent the anon a PM of my own, but I can't find the writer amongst the members. Please anon, if you recognise you stpry could you PM me?

Last edited by Ormond Sacker (December 24, 2013 11:18 am)

December 24, 2013 11:18 am  #390

Thanks for your efforts, Ormond. 

December 24, 2013 12:27 pm  #391

The anon responded quite quickly and it should be fixed now. Thank you anon

December 24, 2013 12:31 pm  #392

Happy Christmas,
With Love,

Mycroft

Oh, that was so well-written. Wonderful images. And there is one I cannot get out of my head at the moment. Guess which one it is. 

December 24, 2013 1:10 pm  #393

Happy Christmas, With Love,
Mycroft

Dear unknown author,
I absolutely love my Secret Santa Fic. Thank you so very, very much, and let me explain some of the things I like best.

Part 1:
- Love the atmophere there.
- I prefer to believe that there is a pun to cabin pressure in it ("What is a Godrest?"). If it's not, please don't tell me.
- John having fantasies about Sherlock being a comic book superhero? Completely understandably!
- John's writing is funny and wonderful ("Petite starbursts dancing against a Caribbean green backdrop in his eyes"), I can so imagine him writing like that.
- The end of that part is hot!

Part 2
- Sherlock puffing his curls out of his face. *sigh*
- the pun to fanficdom (XXX!lock) is clever.
- "HRH Holmes the Younger" *giggle*
- Is there a slight hint of Mystrade in it?

Part 3
- NACKED SHERLOCK
(There is so much more to point out (the wonderful language, the feelings, the amtosphere in all parts, Santa Mycroft, brotherly love, what you made of my prompt about the perfect present, the ending, ...), but my thoughts somehow always end up there.)

I've read it twice now, and I feel extremely gifted. Thank you, unknown author!

Last edited by Schmiezi (December 24, 2013 1:12 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 25, 2013 10:15 am  #394

And the second to last story is up. Did my best with the formatting again.

And thanks to the anon yesterday for the speedy response, that ending made what was already a very good story, even better

December 25, 2013 12:48 pm  #395

The Reminiscing of Sherlock Holmes

Dear awesome author! ;

Awwww! I loved that! Given the song It's Time, I'm not surprised humour was on the light side. No matter, the story was great! I loved your Sherlock, and everything about the story, especially the unconditional love...it was swimming through the words, and made me both smile and cry, thanks a bunch! 

Oh, and in case anyone isn't clear, I'm Sherwings 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (December 25, 2013 12:50 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

December 25, 2013 9:38 pm  #396

Now that was an epic one spanning the whole marriage and its tragic end and the boys finally finding each other. Thanks for the great read. And I really like the new definition of the Final Problem. 

December 25, 2013 9:47 pm  #397

oh God I feel so guilty because I just had no time to read and review the past FanFics due to Christmas and mini-episode and things like that. But I will in the next days!!

The Game is On!

December 26, 2013 9:26 am  #398

I enjoyed reading this fic immensely. I love how so much time was captured in those few chapters. What a sweet, sad and romantic story!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 26, 2013 9:33 am  #399

Hello all.
Final story up and this one is huge, nearly 200 pages in word. (Who was it that promised a multi chapter epic? Because someone delivered.) So, my apologies to the anonymous author here, but I have decided not to try and reestablish the formatting in this, it's a bit much even for my level of perfection. Took me a good half hour to post even as it is. I hope it can still be read and understood.
Also it is broken into multiple posts due to its length.

The list of authors will go up tomorrow.

And I had a thought. As much as I love this forum it isn't the most ideal place to post/read fics and I know that I for one am going to repost my story elsewhere. So I wondered, how does the authors feel about creating a sort of master list of where the fics get reposted so it'll be easier for everyone to find? Just a stray thought.

December 26, 2013 10:50 am  #400

I was thinking about posting my fic at AO3 and fanfiction as well, and a masterlist or something would be great. Kerkerian has been thinking about it, too, but I don't know if she has started asking everyone about it.

Board footera