BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2013 2:18 pm  #321

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

Extract from Sherlock Holmes' mental diary

Loved this fic so much .A perfect combination of humour and feelings, as Susi commented. Mycroft's cameo appearace is like icing on sn already delicious cake. Me as well enjoyed the 'might or might not' string about Holmes brothers, "so in character for both of them" as Wholocked stated..This is the very story I needed after an exhaustive day to cheer me up. Thank you unknown author

December 10, 2013 4:23 pm  #322

What a great story! It was absolutely hilarious, I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard loved the bit about Sherlock writing Christmas cards to serial killers (when I read those names, I was wondering whether I should know those people or not )... and Sherlock getting banned from all the shops! Very much in character. And the emotion at the end was also wonderful

Everything will be OK

I'm a sucker for sickfics, so this was a great read. Good thing the story had that title though, otherwise I would reaaally have feared for John ... I liked how Sherlock learned to handle the situation. And the two original characters were really interesting! Would like to read about them again

Last edited by SherlockianDE (December 10, 2013 5:39 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

December 10, 2013 6:38 pm  #323

Sherlock's Mental Diary
Love it, love it, love it! Did I mention that I love it? That was a wonderful pick me up first thing this morning. Excellent, and oh yeah, I would love to hear more about the Eggnog Incident :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

December 10, 2013 6:44 pm  #324

I wanted to quote my favourite parts from this story, but discovered that that would mean quoting all of it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 11, 2013 1:12 am  #325

Ormond Sacker wrote:

I wanted to quote my favourite parts from this story, but discovered that that would mean quoting all of it

You know, I'll second that :D

*******************************************************************************************************************

December 11, 2013 2:20 am  #326

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Ormond Sacker wrote:

You know, I'll second that :D

Me as well 

December 12, 2013 7:25 am  #327

Another First Encounter

Quite a different take on Sherlock and John's first encounter which I like very much. I could feel the tension in 221B from the very first moment. And I admire the way you dealt with the Vampire request. 
And the braces are lovely as well as very AU. Bravo. 

My favourite sentence: “Well, Detective Inspector, four weeks ago a dead Klingon at a Star Trek Convention, two months prior to that a Hobbit drew his last breath at a Lord of the Rings Convention. And now a vampire is lying dead at a Fantasy gathering. I’m sensing a pattern here, wouldn’t you agree?”

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 12, 2013 7:27 am  #328

Another First Encounter

What a prompt that was! If I had got that one on my first ever attempt at writing fanfic I would have freaked! The author did really well, it was an entertaining, fun read, actually would have loved to have known more about the case at the beginning... Very imaginative!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

December 12, 2013 7:40 am  #329

Another First Encounter

I love the clever way you dealt with the prompt. Sherlock being a vampire would have been the most obvious approach, and you avoided that by using your own ideas. I don't think you've cheated. You've been creative, and what more is there to ask for!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 12, 2013 11:04 am  #330

Another First Encounter

Why I am thinking of Irene Adler as a vampire! May be because she isn't my fav character  . As others said you are very imaginative. With that tough prompt, you have done a good job, unknown author, especially when you are a first time writer.Welldone   Because of my very limited knowledge of fanfics, it's the first time I came to know what AU is. I liked your approch to Sherlock and John's first encounter. It makes me think that their encounter at a crime scene or in the course of an investigation is more plausible than the original one.

December 12, 2013 1:10 pm  #331

Another First Encounter

Oh my gosh! First let me say that you, dear unnamed author, tapped right into my one-day-hope-to-go-to-ComicCon-heart. I was hooked from the very first line...and the tension! Woof!

Secondly, you have never written anything like this before, ever? Honestly, I would have never known! That was well done, and I hope it was as much fun to write as it was to read :D As John would say: Brilliant!

December 12, 2013 1:33 pm  #332

Another First Encounter

Oh, the details! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 12, 2013 2:12 pm  #333

Harriet wrote:

made me laugh a lot! And it's also sweet and touching (Dec22), a perfect story for me!

Yes. Perfect and in character. I like his description of christmas.

December 12, 2013 6:15 pm  #334

Another First Encounter

That was a very clever idea of approaching that prompt! I would have been lost about what to write if had gotten it Very nice story, and I also liked the murder-at-conventions-theme... I'm sure John had to explain to Sherlock what in the world Klingons and Hobbits are

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

December 12, 2013 6:20 pm  #335

Another First Encounter

I amso glad I didn't get that prompt! Cleverly solved, dear anonymous author! I especially liked this line:
“I don’t even know you”, John said. Sherlock smiled and answered: “I’d like to say the same about you, but… well, that would be a lie.”

The Game is On!

December 12, 2013 6:26 pm  #336

I just wanted to add, I'll be away without internet access from tomorrow until Monday night - so in case "my" story gets posted during that time: dear anonymous author, please don't wonder why I'm not commenting... I'll read everything on Tuesday at the latest

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

December 14, 2013 11:34 am  #337

Isn't a Santa Fic due today?

December 14, 2013 11:56 am  #338

holmes23 wrote:

It seems I've been spoiling you by posting the majority of the other fics quite early (before going to work, that is). Which isn't necessarily doable at the weekends, though, since my family and pet demand attention as well.
The fic is up now.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 14, 2013 1:10 pm  #339

Kerkerian wrote:

holmes23 wrote:

It seems I've been spoiling you by posting the majority of the other fics quite early (before going to work, that is). Which isn't necessarily doable at the weekends, though, since my family and pet demand attention as well.
The fic is up now.

I apologise to you Kerkerian for my insensitiveness. It seems, as you said, I have been spoilt and, have been checking every now and then if the story is up. The time difference also gave me wrong notion.

December 14, 2013 1:37 pm  #340

John, Sherlock, texting, getting drunk
(I used the prompt as there is no title)

love this story soooooooo much  Great fun, I can't stop laughing Sherlock and John are very much in character. I have got a lot of favourite quotes, and two among them are:
JOHNTHESKULLISPLOTIGTOKILUS - SH   
SHE DOESN’T KNOW ANYTHING. SHE KEEPS LOOKING AT MY SHIRT 

Board footera