BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 8, 2013 9:56 am  #301

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

NotYourHousekeeperDear wrote:

Everything Will be OK
I'm enjoying my story! I'm definitely trying to take the title literally... Feel very worried for poor john and can't wait for the next installment! Great read! Thankyou Secret Santa

The complete story is up now. Phew!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 8, 2013 10:29 am  #302

Oh my god that was amazing! I love Sherlock-has-emotions fics. (Side note to author though the word mimic, despite what dict.cc says, is not synonymous with facial expressions. It actually means to imitate someone)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 8, 2013 11:22 am  #303

Everything Will be OK
That was beautiful (and long  - I might be late for a meeting but I don't care). I love Sherlock-has-emotions fics too. And Audrey is awesome!

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

December 8, 2013 11:42 am  #304

Yes! I was coming back to add how much I loved the Audrey character and her conversation with Sherlock. Perfect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 8, 2013 11:49 am  #305

Everything Will be OK

Thank you unknown author for a providing a great reading experience through a touching relationship portrayal of John and Sherlock It is very moving to see Sherlock dealing with emotions

December 8, 2013 11:54 am  #306

Everything Will Be OK

Still reading, nearly finished. Forgot to breathe sometimes. I love the emotions, the characters - Audrey is a wonderful creation - have to hurry on now. 

Finished! I loved it. And a lovely twist at the end. Bravo, secret author. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 8, 2013 12:06 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2013 4:51 pm  #307

A Study in Monsters

I really like the idea behind this and the author did an amazing job of making me want 'more' at the end. The author has dug in deep into the psychology of what John has been through...and he never seems to be 'weak.' A thoroughly enjoyable read!

Everything Will Be OK
I'll be honest, I usually don't read this type of fic but I am really glad that I did! It is a very good look at the way two people can fight anything together as a team. It is an impressive look at Sherlock dealing with the way he feels and the ever-protecting John shielding him. Well done, realistic in timing.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

December 9, 2013 5:35 am  #308

Everything Will be OK

Dear unknown author, I would love to comment on your fic, but I am still not finished reading. Boy, it's long! I am absolutely amazed at how much thought and time you've put into it, and I am sure you've made your receiver very happy.
The story is well-balanced (so far, but it will surely stay that way), and the relationship between Sherlock and John is portrayed in a way I totally agree with.
I could go on and on, but I really need to finish reading before I have to go to work!
Keep on writing!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 9, 2013 8:45 am  #309

A Study in Monsters

Woohooo our first Johnlock story so far here! ;-) Like many others before I really liked the poetic picture of the monsters. Very densely written!
John & Sherlock under the mistletoe - awww how cute :-).

Everything will be ok

Ok so I guess this is the epic multi chapter fic that someone had promised here before? :-D There is no way I could describe how impressive it is that someone was able to write such a long coherent story in such a short time!
I really didn't read many fics before that concentrate on a part of John's & Sherlock's life with an already established relationship, and I enjoyed that the author chose to do so. Usually I stay away from seriously-sic fics, so luckily we got a happy end *phew* ;-). Also I would like to read more about the Audrey character!

Well done and thank you very much to both of you, anonymous authors!!

Last edited by Marva (December 9, 2013 8:54 am)

The Game is On!

December 9, 2013 8:50 am  #310

Wow!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 10, 2013 7:12 am  #311

Extract from Sherlock Holmes' mental diary

That's what I need for a good start in the morning: lying in bed and reading a cute little story that makes me smile! Nice one! Eggnog is the epitome of evil. makes me giggle, I would liked to know more about that incident  .

Oh, by the way, same goes for the fic A Funny Night - that was a funny, lovely and brilliant start in the day either. I had totaly forgot to comment this story. Sorry.

Last edited by stoertebeker (December 10, 2013 7:18 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 10, 2013 7:19 am  #312

Oh, that was lovely. Exactly the right mixture of humour and feelings. Loved the funny parts as well as the increase in emotion towards the end. Wonderful. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 10, 2013 7:42 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2013 7:41 am  #313

Sherlock Holmes' Mental Diary was adorable. I loved how well the author was able to paint whole scenes with just a few short sentences. My imagination was well up to the task of filling in the details ;-)

I really enjoyed the 'might or might not' string about Mycroft. That was so in character for both of them I think.

December 10, 2013 8:33 am  #314

Sherlock Holmes' Mental Diary

Oh I love love love this one! This is exactly the type of story I want to start my day with .

The Game is On!

December 10, 2013 9:20 am  #315

Yes, absolutely adorable.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

December 10, 2013 9:37 am  #316

made me laugh a lot! And it's also sweet and touching (Dec22), a perfect story for me!

(Harry agrees  )

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 10, 2013 9:52 am  #317

Exactly what I needed to read today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 10, 2013 10:11 am  #318

I loved this one too!  Funny, well written and adorable ! My only disappointment is that I didn't get to find out what Sherlock got John for Xmas! Or was he kicked out of too many shops?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

December 10, 2013 10:12 am  #319

I guess he gave him something special 

Last edited by Harriet (December 10, 2013 10:13 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 10, 2013 11:33 am  #320

I was the beta for Everything Will Be Okay, love it ^^

And Sherlock's mental diary...brilliant!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera