BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2013 6:51 am  #281

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

A Christmas Memory

Thank you, unknown author! This was a kind of story I had in mind, and a christmas story even!! I love those kind little stories with Mycroft as the caring big brother for a cute curly haired toddler. 
And as a bonus, the image of John, Mycroft and Sherlock in 221b playing truth or dare with an empty wine bottle will accompany me through the day  . Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 5, 2013 7:34 am  #282

That was a lovely fic! I love that Sherlock's story ended with him learning something he hadn't known about his favourite Christmas memory. Thank you for a cheerful story!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 5, 2013 9:22 am  #283

What a sweet story, beautifully written.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

December 5, 2013 10:23 am  #284

A Christmas Memory

Indeed, a very lovely, heart-warming story. Brings me into Christmas mood :-).

The Game is On!

December 5, 2013 11:14 am  #285

A Christmas Memory

Oh, that was such a wonderful little fic...! All the emotions were right there, I would have loved it to be longer, I have to admit. Wonderfully written!
(I do suspect I know who the author could be... Truth or Dare, very interesting... but it's fun not being really sure...)

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 5, 2013 11:15 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 5, 2013 11:19 am  #286

SolarSystem wrote:

A Christmas Memory

Oh, that was such a wonderful little fic...! All the emotions were right there, I would have loved it to be longer, I have to admit. Wonderfully written!
(I do suspect I know who the author could be... Truth or Dare, very interesting... but it's fun not being really sure...)

Truth or dare could be used for many more story lines

The Game is On!

December 5, 2013 12:38 pm  #287

A Christmas Memory

Such a lovely little story. Like chocolate after lunch. ;-)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 5, 2013 12:55 pm  #288

A Christmas Memory

Aw that was so sweet!  A wonderful little story! Great to read first thing in the morning 

-------------------------------------------------------

December 5, 2013 1:31 pm  #289

Okay haven't had time to comment before now so I'm going to do all three at once.

Come Hell or High Water.
Apart from all thats already been said about this, and which I support (can we please have a sequel), I found it very nice indeed to see a different portrayal of Sherlock's and Mycroft's relationship than the snipping sessions it usually are depicted as.

A Funny Night.
I seriously need cheering up the other day, so this one came as called. Thank you.

A Christmas Memory.
This one was just... I don't have words. Another untraditional version of Mycroft's and Sherlock's relationship. Lovely. Only wish is that we could get John's and Mycroft's truth or dare at some point. A possibility for a sequel from the Secret Santa perhaps?

Last edited by Ormond Sacker (December 5, 2013 1:34 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 5, 2013 7:56 pm  #290

I should comment as well (a little). I agree with all the praising comments above. I loved all three stories and I can't wait to read another one. You are all very good writers and reading your works is the best way to start my day

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

December 5, 2013 8:42 pm  #291

Aww, that was so sweet! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 5, 2013 9:38 pm  #292

A Christmas Memory

I enjoyed everything about this story! It was sweet and lovely. The way that Mycroft tried to make up for the deficiet in his brother's life....isn't that always the way with the baby in the family? Superb story :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

December 7, 2013 9:30 am  #293

A Study in Monsters

Oh, that was a good one (with a great title)! A bit of drama, a bit of Angst, a bit of hurt/comfort and then just a teensy bit of fluff at the end.
I especially liked the picture that was painted at the crime scene, with the monster still sitting on top of the corpse. Very dramatic!
And then of course it was very nice to see the boys really get back together in the end.
Perfect way to start into the weekend!

Last edited by SolarSystem (December 7, 2013 9:31 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 7, 2013 10:57 am  #294

A Study in Monsters

Oh, I really love this one. Angst and drama and romance. And as Solar said, the image of the monster on the dead woman's chest is really strong. Sherlock caring for John and not leaving his hospital room. And there are body parts in the fridge and a little bit of fluff at the end. Perfect. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 7, 2013 4:22 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 7, 2013 2:23 pm  #295

A Christmas Memory

A very lovely Christmas story featuring my favourite trio. It's always heartwarming to know how much Mycroft cares about his li'l brother and the way Sherlock realises it 

A Study in Monsters

Another good story catering to my tastes . Great to see Sherlock being a source of comfort to John, and I love the end as well 

December 7, 2013 3:15 pm  #296

I'm enjoying all of these fics. I feel like we're quite a talented little bunch. It's good to know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 7, 2013 3:25 pm  #297

Oh, so many feels for this one! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 7, 2013 4:40 pm  #298

A Christmas Memory

Aww, what a heart-warming story. I love when the brothers are portrayed like that. Makes me wish we had a Santa emoticon.

A Study in Monsters

Impressive. Another one that would deserve more than one chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 8, 2013 8:03 am  #299

Good morning and a happy second Advent to you all.

We're going into the second week of our fic exchange, and so far, we've had really nice stories (which, I presume, won't change ); the one I'm going to post today is the longest by far, and I'll split it up in order to post it.It might take a while, since it turned out that the formatting does change when you copy word files into these fields, so I have to put the italics back in, for example.

I hope those whose stories are still underway are doing well!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 8, 2013 8:31 am  #300

Everything Will be OK
I'm  enjoying my story! I'm definitely trying to take the title literally... Feel very worried for poor john and can't wait for the next installment! Great read! Thankyou Secret Santa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

Board footera