BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2013 1:20 pm  #241

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

A very nice story which I enjoyed reading.
This seems to be the best Advent calendar I've ever had.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 1, 2013 1:22 pm  #242

I just finished reading the first story...wonderful job! Kudos to whoever wrote it! 

-------------------------------------------------------

December 1, 2013 1:23 pm  #243

I'm impressed. What a wonderful fic to start the calender.
Yes, dear anonymous writer, please don't just stop there!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 1, 2013 3:23 pm  #244

Come Hell or High Water

I thoroughly enjoyed this story! Like everyone else, though, it does feel like a "snapshot" of a teensy bit of calm in the middle of a storm. Very well done, it is very hard to show the Holmes brothers' relationship sometimes, but it sure provides us with a wealth of material from which to draw inspiration. Your characterization of Sherlock is equally well done...just, I really liked the whole thing!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

December 1, 2013 3:59 pm  #245

I liked it very much, too. The characterizations are very well done. A good start, and I'm looking forward to all the other stories.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 1, 2013 4:07 pm  #246

Come Hell Or High Water:

Beautiful story!!  My experience with Sherlock fan fics is very negligeable. So I never came across fics dealing with brotherly love of Holmes brothers before, so naturally I was surprised encountering this aspect and found myself very happy.The love they hold to each other is shown in a very believable way- it's subtle and covert and its beauty lies exactly there.
To me the story kick off with the words:"Mycroft is dead", till then I was a bit disappointed of the fact that John was not the narrator

Sherlock watches them go and turns towards the door as well, but then hesitates: "He doesn't take milk in his tea, only real cream," he tells Mrs Hudson. "If there's no cream available, he prefers it black. Two sugars."

"Could you stay in here, please? I'm... not feeling too well."

The door to his bedroom opens soundlessly, and Sherlock slips in unheard. Trying not shake the mattress too much, he eases himself onto the duvet; Mycroft's breathing is deep and evenly, he seems sound asleep. Sherlock stretches out next to him.

Yes, I'm a very sentimental one and I like stories like this dealing with emotions. What I have understood from some previous comments is that there are such stoies about the brotherly realationship of Holmes brothers out there. So please recommend me some
Thank you BrettianHolmesFan for giving a topic like this and a BIG THANKS to the writer for writing this beautiful story

Last edited by holmes23 (December 1, 2013 4:43 pm)

December 1, 2013 4:31 pm  #247

How do I submit the fic? It's too long to send in a PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 1, 2013 4:38 pm  #248

Send it as an attachment to Kerkerian's e-mail address. Should be the easiest way. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 1, 2013 4:38 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 1, 2013 7:15 pm  #249

Mattlocked wrote:

A very nice story which I enjoyed reading.
This seems to be the best Advent calendar I've ever had.

same here

I've never read any fic before which explored another relationship than the one of John & Sherlock,so this one gave me some interesting new insights.

In contrary to some of the other commentors I don't think that the story needs a sequel or prequel. It is a very well written snapshot of an emotionally very intense time for Sherlock and can therefore stand on its own very well. I actually prefer it sometimes, if some parts of a story remain mystery and there leaves more room for own imaginations.

Thank you, anonymous writer!

The Game is On!

December 1, 2013 9:58 pm  #250

I enjoyed this story too!  What a great start for our Secret Santa!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

December 1, 2013 11:11 pm  #251

I've just finished Come Hell or High Water (great title, btw) and I, like all the other commentators, thought it was fantastic. I also like fics which allow Sherlock and Mycroft to realise how much they care for each other. Well, mostly Sherlock because I think Mycroft already knows he cares for Sherlock.

I think this was a very realistic character portrayal and relationship study. Well done!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 2, 2013 2:15 am  #252

SusiGo wrote:

Send it as an attachment to Kerkerian's e-mail address. Should be the easiest way. 

I have been searching to see where the address is posted for the better part of an hour but can't seem to find it! Did I just miss it completely? I feel like an idiot!

December 2, 2013 4:01 am  #253

No it's not publically posted. You'll need to PM Kerkerian for it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 2, 2013 4:07 am  #254

Wholocked wrote:

No it's not publically posted. You'll need to PM Kerkerian for it

Good, I've done it right then. I haven't been on a forum in YEARS and am still a bit intimidated. Thanks for being so patient with me!

December 2, 2013 6:01 am  #255

Hey guys,

it looks like we had a successful kick-off!

I came back very late and fell right into bed. Thanks again to Susi for the help! I'm off to work now, you'll be hearing from me later today...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 2, 2013 10:15 am  #256

Come Hell or High Water

Oh, that was interesting! I have to admit, I've only read two or three fanfics with Mycroft in a major part, so this was something different for me. And I liked it very much, it was great to see Mycroft not being all that Mycroftish.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 2, 2013 2:06 pm  #257

That was just...so sweet ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 2, 2013 4:20 pm  #258

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I have a question, when will we know what our date we'll be? When you get back or some other time? 

I didn't intend to tell you.

Apart from that: I think we should continue to post any story comments in this thread, that way the other one will remain less chaotic and readers won't have to scroll so much for the next story.

I have received 11 stories by now, which means that we are covered till (and including) December 21 so far (my own story makes number 12).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

December 2, 2013 4:24 pm  #259

Kerkerian wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I have a question, when will we know what our date we'll be? When you get back or some other time? 

Apart from that: I think we should continue to post any story comments in this thread, that way the other one will remain less chaotic and readers won't have to scroll so much for the next story.

I have received 11 stories by now, which means that we are covered till (and including) December 21 so far (my own story makes number 12).

Hm...well, may I at least know what the new deadline is?  Or rather, what is the latest you would like me to hand it in? 

-------------------------------------------------------

December 2, 2013 4:30 pm  #260

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Hm...well, may I at least know what the new deadline is?  Or rather, what is the latest you would like me to hand it in? 

December 18 would be good.

Board footera