BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2013 6:06 am  #221

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

A gentle reminder that your stories are due tomorrow (for those who haven't gotten extra time )!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 29, 2013 6:08 am  #222

Oooh, I hope my lovely beta will send it back in time ... Davina, if you are reading this ... well, you know! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 29, 2013 8:47 am  #223

Sunday, right? Only two more days!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 29, 2013 2:30 pm  #224

Kerkian I may have to ask for a reprive in return date until Sunday. I hoped to finish today but I have to stay at work until 9pm and I'm not sure how much energy I'll have when I get home. Plus I have to work most of Saturday too . I should be done sometime during Sunday though.

Of course if I do manage to get it done by tomorrow you will have it then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

November 29, 2013 2:56 pm  #225

I submitted

Cheers!

The Game is On!

November 29, 2013 4:00 pm  #226

Ormond Sacker wrote:

Kerkian I may have to ask for a reprive in return date until Sunday. I hoped to finish today but I have to stay at work until 9pm and I'm not sure how much energy I'll have when I get home. Plus I have to work most of Saturday too . I should be done sometime during Sunday though.

Of course if I do manage to get it done by tomorrow you will have it then.

No worries! We've got the first few days covered.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 30, 2013 12:09 am  #227

Finished and submitted!!!

This was fun! It was my first fanfic but it will definitively not be my last!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 30, 2013 9:54 am  #228

stoertebeker wrote:

Finished and submitted!!!

This was fun! It was my first fanfic but it will definitively not be my last!

Almost the same here, it was my first fanfic written in English and my first Sherlock-fanfic. I would never have expected that writing a story in English could be so much fun!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 30, 2013 10:55 am  #229

Tomorrow!

I've just posted the new thread for the stories: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=108137#p108137.

Please do not comment on that thread until the first story is up though.

There's furthermore been a slight complication, since my hubby chose this weekend of all weekends to surprise me with a spontaneous mini-getaway, meaning I'll be gone from noon today till late evening tomorrow.
Since I didn't want to let you all wait so long for the first fic (I won't have internet access), I have asked SusiGo to post the first story for me and she kindly agreed. It's not her own story, of course.

So, just to avoid confusion, the first story will still be up tomorrow morning (European) and the following stories will be posted by me, as planned.

All those who still haven't submitted: don't panic, please, I've received a few stories already, so the first dates are covered.

Have a great first of December and enjoy reading!

Last edited by Kerkerian (November 30, 2013 10:56 am)

November 30, 2013 12:00 pm  #230

But we can comment the stories after they are posted? I think it would be nice for all authors to gain some reactions (especially for newbies like me  ). Should we use the same thread for the comments or a different one (maybe this)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 30, 2013 12:25 pm  #231

Have fun on your getaway weekend, Kerkerian! And thanks for going to all that trouble for organizing this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

November 30, 2013 4:40 pm  #232

stoertebeker wrote:

But we can comment the stories after they are posted? I think it would be nice for all authors to gain some reactions (especially for newbies like me ). Should we use the same thread for the comments or a different one (maybe this)?

As Kerkerian is away I would suggest that we post our comments on tomorrow's story in this thread. The first one to comment could use some colour to mark the title of the story. In case Kerkerian wants to change it afterwards, she can do so next week. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 30, 2013 5:00 pm  #233

Kerkerian wrote:

Tomorrow!

I've just posted the new thread for the stories: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=108137#p108137.

Please do not comment on that thread until the first story is up though.

There's furthermore been a slight complication, since my hubby chose this weekend of all weekends to surprise me with a spontaneous mini-getaway, meaning I'll be gone from noon today till late evening tomorrow.
Since I didn't want to let you all wait so long for the first fic (I won't have internet access), I have asked SusiGo to post the first story for me and she kindly agreed. It's not her own story, of course.

So, just to avoid confusion, the first story will still be up tomorrow morning (European) and the following stories will be posted by me, as planned.

All those who still haven't submitted: don't panic, please, I've received a few stories already, so the first dates are covered.

Have a great first of December and enjoy reading!

Thank-you! And I hope you enjoy your trip! 

I have a question, when will we know what our date we'll be? When you get back or some other time? 

-------------------------------------------------------

November 30, 2013 5:31 pm  #234

She will be back on Sunday evening and sort it out. I am sure everything has been planned. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 30, 2013 6:20 pm  #235

SusiGo wrote:

She will be back on Sunday evening and sort it out. I am sure everything has been planned. 

Alright! 

-------------------------------------------------------

December 1, 2013 11:59 am  #236

I'll start with the story comments then, ok?

Come Hell Or High Water:
Wonderfull story! I got a bit teary-eyed at the end. I really love those stories in which Sherlock and Mycroft realize that they care for each other deeply. Very good descriptions of the characters and their reactions, not only concerning Sherlock and Mycroft but also about the friendship between Sherlock and John. Well done!

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 1, 2013 12:09 pm  #237

Come Hell Or High Water:
What a way to start the Secret Santa! I almost choked on my lasagne upon reading the sentence "Mycroft is dead"
Like stoertebeker, I love brotherly Sherlock/Mycroft stories very much, so this made for a very enjoyable read, with a nice amount of suspense and lovely John/Sherlock friendship mixed in.

The only problem about the story: it ended way too soon! Please, I need to know who tried to kill Mycroft and what happens now and... well, everything really ;) Where's the next chapter?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

December 1, 2013 12:24 pm  #238

Come Hell Or High Water

Yes, secret author, we want the prequel and the sequel! 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 1, 2013 12:37 pm)

December 1, 2013 12:31 pm  #239

Come Hell Or High Water

What a wonderful read! Unusual plot and beautifully written.
Would like to read more.

btw: Is it a law of nature (or some kind of family desease ) that the Holmes boys would be concealing their respective survivals from the public? And from their nearest and dearest as well? Firstly, at least...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 1, 2013 12:38 pm  #240

A family disease, I suppose. Brought on by hiding their feelings and suppressing emotion for years. This cannot be healthy. 

Board footera