BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 20, 2013 4:44 am  #181

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Ideas? LOL, I never thought  a single word would go so far! That's great you guys, it really is. Now I have to worry about disappointing my given reciepent!

On the other hand, mine has a christmassy setting just for kicks and giggles. So that brings me to another (pair of) word(s):

fairy lights

Let's see what you all do with that and the stretching lol!
I'm only partially kidding. I'm actually quite taken with the idea of calling them fairy lights. I can think of a line from a popular Yuletide movie that would just be totally different if it went: "...10,000 imported white Italian fairy lights..." 

Ah well, I'm sure someone knows what I mean. And now I am babbling.

One last question for the group: for those of you who enjoy your Johnlock, how exactly do you like it? Hot and spicy or a nice comfortable meal of meat and potatoes? (With pie for dessert?)

Oooooh, I can totally picture Sherlock wrapped in fairy lights....hehehe 

As for how I like my Johnlock...I like it to include all those things!  Hot and spicy, comfortable meat and taters, and something sweet and fluffy too (maybe a pastry?) ....yep, Johnlock that includes all those things, mmhmmm   

-------------------------------------------------------

November 20, 2013 5:19 am  #182

crazybbcamerican wrote:

One last question for the group: for those of you who enjoy your Johnlock, how exactly do you like it? Hot and spicy or a nice comfortable meal of meat and potatoes? (With pie for dessert?)

Fluffy like fresh cotton candy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 20, 2013 6:16 am  #183

Schmiezi wrote:

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Fluffy like fresh cotton candy.

I second that- I love romance and the idea that they look out for each other. In my headcanon, Sherlock is very unexperienced in all things concerning relationships, and takes it all very seriously.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 20, 2013 8:34 pm  #184

Squee- it's done! It's done! Just needs a little editing, but apart from that- let December come!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 20, 2013 10:31 pm  #185

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 21, 2013 5:12 pm  #186

I finally got the hang of it and writing started to become enjoyable. Hurray !

The Game is On!

November 21, 2013 5:35 pm  #187

Marva wrote:

Yay! It can be quite addictive once you're past the first few sentences.

November 21, 2013 5:49 pm  #188

Great, Marva, just how it should be!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 21, 2013 5:59 pm  #189

Kerkerian wrote:

Marva wrote:

True. Don't have time now. Have to write

The Game is On!

November 22, 2013 1:44 am  #190

Marva wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

Marva wrote:

OMG that's what happened to me! Unfortunately, the desire to write and the inspiration to write don't seem to always come hand in hand ><

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 22, 2013 2:22 am  #191

Wholocked wrote:

Marva wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

OMG that's what happened to me! Unfortunately, the desire to write and the inspiration to write don't seem to always come hand in hand ><

Especially at three o'clock in the morning. Apparently my muse (which happens to resemble ginger!Ben in oh so many ways) keeps Sherlock's hours....but that's why the gods gave us tea right?

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

November 22, 2013 7:14 pm  #192

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

Marva wrote:

Especially at three o'clock in the morning. Apparently my muse (which happens to resemble ginger!Ben in oh so many ways) keeps Sherlock's hours....but that's why the gods gave us tea right?

I'm sort of glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Stayed up till 1 am last night to write. And no I'm not done yet.
My fic probably could do with betaing, my usual beta probably won't have time she has end-of-uni-term stuff to do, but I doubt it'll be done in time for anyone to actually be able to do it.

As for how I like my Johnlock can I answer all of the above, plus kinky

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

November 23, 2013 3:45 pm  #193

I just finished my story, hooray! It's only got about 2,000 words though, hope that's not too short... how can you even write 10,000 words?

And now I'm looking forward to what my beta reader has to say about it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

November 23, 2013 3:53 pm  #194

SherlockianDE wrote:

I just finished my story, hooray! It's only got about 2,000 words though, hope that's not too short... how can you even write 10,000 words?

Congratulations! And 2.000 words is not too bad, I'd say.

November 24, 2013 12:38 am  #195

Kerkerian wrote:

SherlockianDE wrote:

Congratulations! And 2.000 words is not too bad, I'd say.

Yes, congrats! I working on finishing mine up tonight, adding in a nice bit of Johnlocky fluff lol. I can't wait to read them all. This is exciting :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

November 24, 2013 1:01 pm  #196

I am curious how many Johnlock stories we'll have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 24, 2013 1:08 pm  #197

Me too. Or rather, how many non-Johnlock stories there will be. I would bet that there will be more Johnlovk fics thsn other ones. But I could be completely wrong, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 24, 2013 1:15 pm  #198

I'll keep my mouth firmly shut.

November 24, 2013 7:30 pm  #199

Kerkerian wrote:

I'll keep my mouth firmly shut.

*giggles*

I read this in a very inappropriate way, considering that we're talking about Johnlock XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 25, 2013 5:39 am  #200

I just say that I am still not finished! BUT writing it is so much fun that I don't really mind. I have a free period at school today, two of them tomorrow, and hubby is busy tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I'll be able to finish it.

Still think this is all very exciting!!! (And we DO need a Christmas smiley here!)

Board footera