BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2013 2:36 am  #1

The Story of the Magic Traffic Cone

Ok so I was on my Tumblr just looking through it then I saw this one post, The Story of the Magic Traffic Cone. I read it and its really interesting.. heres the link to it:http://love-sherlock-bbc.tumblr.com/post/65396713913/finalproblem-the-story-of-the-magic-traffic
Please tell me what you think of it
THANKS!!! 
~Amy

October 30, 2013 1:28 am  #2

Re: The Story of the Magic Traffic Cone

Ah yes, I remember the traffic cone theory. There are a number of problems with interpreting this as a clue, however.

1) The cone is an object that lives at St Barts and wasn't actually placed by the crew. So it's not actually a clue
2) The fact that it's not Benedict on the trolley doesn't actually mean much as it's not uncommon for wide shots to use body doubles rather than the actor (especially if it's a shot that had to be taken at a time when Benedict was otherwise not required on set)

So, basically, you're back where you started. The body double might be a double for Sherlock, or it might just be a double for Benedict but still supposed to be Sherlock as far as the world of the show is concerned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

Board footera