BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2013 8:46 pm  #1

Hello, everyone. I'm new!

Hello, my name is Joan and I am new here. I am 62 but I just love Sherlock and am eager to learn more about everything. I am retired from nursing and spend a lot of time on the computer and reading or sewing and doing various crafts, making things for my grandkids, etc. I have just watched both series again, and am very impatiently waiting for series 3! 
~joan

Oh- I should mentikon that I read the ACD stories and books a LONG time ago- I have a collection on my Kindle to re-read.

October 22, 2013 8:48 pm  #2

Re: Hello, everyone. I'm new!

Welcome, Joan, nice to have you here. You will find Sherlockians of all ages and nationalities, it is a great place to meet people. Look around and have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 22, 2013 8:51 pm  #3

Hi, warm welcome, and enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 22, 2013 8:52 pm  #4

Hi Joan,
take a seat, have a cuppa and stay as long as you want.
Welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 22, 2013 10:49 pm  #5

Welcome Joan! You'll find plenty to whet your appetite for Sherlock on these forums Glad to have you here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 23, 2013 6:50 am  #6

Werlcome Joan, nice to have you around. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 23, 2013 9:38 am  #7

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Have a nice time here and enjoy yourself! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

October 23, 2013 4:21 pm  #8

Welcome, Joan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

October 23, 2013 5:14 pm  #9

Lovely to meet you, Joan.

"His name is Joshua.  It's from the Bible.  It means deliverance."

"No it isn't."

*curious look*

"I speak Horse.  His name is Susan, and he'd like you to accept his life choices."

October 23, 2013 6:10 pm  #10

Hello and welcome, Joan!
You've come to the right place, enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

October 28, 2013 5:55 pm  #11

Hi, hello and welcome to the forum Joan! Nice that you could join us!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 28, 2013 6:28 pm  #12

Welcome to the forum!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

November 5, 2013 6:41 pm  #13

Hi Joan. Nice to meet you. We're a friendly forum here so welcome to the community!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 5, 2013 8:13 pm  #14

Hello again. Thanks everyone who has replied, for making me feel very welcome! I think that maybe I MIGHT survive util Seroes 3 starts! Having a new place to visit and learn, will help the waiting.
~joan

November 5, 2013 8:57 pm  #15

Hi Joan, 
welcome to the board and if you think it is hard tu survive until series 3 stars, think about the poor souls who who have been waiting for two years now!  

Board footera