BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2013 8:21 pm  #1

Ever notice this guy?

Is he checking out John or Sherlock?

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

October 22, 2013 10:20 pm  #2

Re: Ever notice this guy?

Yeah, I saw this. That's what happens when they film in public! And as they pass the fountain, a group of girls notice them 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 22, 2013 10:38 pm  #3

I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt they "filmed in public". Anyone who's face appears on the screen has to have agreed to it. They would have closed it off and used extras.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 22, 2013 10:46 pm  #4

So why would the extras stare at them like that? They would have been told not to.

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

October 22, 2013 10:49 pm  #5

kittykat wrote:

Yeah, I saw this. That's what happens when they film in public! And as they pass the fountain, a group of girls notice them 

Aren't those the 'infamous' girls mentioned by Benedict on Alan Carr? ;)

They were sometimes filming in public but I guess they won't be able to do that anymore...

I didn't notive this guy, I think he defenitely is checking out our Martin! ;) But he doesn't look at all as overwhelmed as I would be when they would pass me by!

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

October 22, 2013 10:50 pm  #6

Benedict was on the Alan Carr show talking about how filming in areas like this can be problematic due to members of the public. Mainly those 3 girls though - Hilarious!

I know they can keep crowds away in certain areas but not all and I think this is one of them. They ask the public to cooperate instead. I expect this guy is a member of the public.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

October 22, 2013 11:06 pm  #7

I don't know what I would do if they passed me...I wouldn't be able to help but stare!

October 22, 2013 11:13 pm  #8

I would Thud to the floor and it would hurt without a mattress x

October 22, 2013 11:27 pm  #9

It'd be worth it, though 

October 22, 2013 11:32 pm  #10

Especially if they saw and ran over to help!

October 22, 2013 11:37 pm  #11

They might do; they sure seem like gentlemen to me 

October 22, 2013 11:37 pm  #12

I think it was Sue the one who said that people asked her how had they managed to film in public places such as Trafalgar Square without being run over by masses if historical fans and she said that when filming series 1 most people didn't know who Martin and Benedict were!

October 23, 2013 2:38 am  #13

Ha... yes!  To all of the above.  That episode had quite a few, huh?  It wasn't mentioned also that when Sherlock and John first 'run into' each other by the lucky cat shop and the camera's on Martin, down the way from them, you can see a couple girls definitely staring. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 23, 2013 2:54 am  #14

Hmmm...Maybe the legal side is different in the UK than in Aus. We'd never be able to have random members-of-the-public in shot without a signed talent release.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 23, 2013 11:48 am  #15

Wholocked wrote:

I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt they "filmed in public". Anyone who's face appears on the screen has to have agreed to it. They would have closed it off and used extras.

A couple of seconds are "allowed" officially. I have forgotten the amount, something like 20 or so. Means, if you are not longer than 20 seconds to be seen on a screen the filmmakers don´t need a permission from every single accidentially filmed person.

October 23, 2013 12:43 pm  #16

LOL! Still it would be such fun, I think, just to watch from "behind the scenes." I could never be an actor: all those re-do's all the time? Urgh. Still the good ones make it look so easy....

Can you believe I noticed several things in watching the episode (again) yesterday that I had not noticed before: such as what happens to the Bedouin-looking guy who is fighting Sherlock in the flat while John is arguing with the machine at the grocery shop? He just seems to disappear. I'd like to believe Mycroft has something to do with that....

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

October 25, 2013 9:56 pm  #17

yeah!!! people are looking at them, not only this guy, but also another girl while they walking, I guess

today,   it would be impossible to film a scene in such a big public location. Maybe , at that time, the serie wasn't still a world wide phenomenon.

The begining of a great adventure!!!

November 14, 2013 5:32 pm  #18

Maybe he is an extra but they wanted him to be looking at John and Sherlock on purpose.

"OK, when you're in shot, we want you to be staring at John and Sherlock as they walk by?"

"Why?"

"Just do it, the fangirls will love it."

"We do what we like, and we like what we do!" - Party Hard, Andrew W.K

Highfunctioning Digital Fan-artist.

November 14, 2013 9:24 pm  #19

If I was in public and just happened to see Ben walk by I would try sooooooooooooo very hard to behave but they might end up having to pry me off him with a crow bar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 3, 2013 4:59 am  #20

Isn't Sherlock famous?  The scene in the LR of 221b, the one with the death frisbee deerstalker hat, John was sitting on the couch, reading about them in the tabloids. So it isn't necessarily a mistake that people (especially girls, lol) might turn to look at them as they walk by in public. That distinctive mop of hair and that coat-- those two things alone would make him highly recognizable. For all we know, those extras were supposed to turn and look at them like that.

Board footera